Chez Kane - Chez Kane (2021)

Aordave89

The name and album cover had me thinking this was a joke. 
Holy fuck was I wrong...those 2 tracks are outstanding. 

• My Little Pony
33 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

The name and album cover had me thinking this was a joke. 
Holy fuck was I wrong...those 2 tracks are outstanding. 

Speaking of her name, how do you pronounce it? Well, maybe not you, but how does one pronounce it? Is it as written ch-ez, or sh-ay? 

On 2/10/2021 at 10:03 PM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Speaking of her name, how do you pronounce it? Well, maybe not you, but how does one pronounce it? Is it as written ch-ez, or sh-ay? 

I saw an interview with her and the interviewer kept saying Chez as it is spelled.

• 1 month later...

Thoughts on this one as it's out today?

I gave it a listen and I'm not sure it's doing much for me.  Couple okay tunes like Rocket On The Radio and Ball N Chain and it clearly has a very 80's Vixen meets Crazy Lixx type vibe.  But I guess I was never huge on the female stuff in the 80s and still aren't.  

I will say my wife liked it though as she heard it playing this morning.  She thought it was some 80's act and when  I told her it was Chez Kane, she's like....I don't remember her.  I just chuckled but I think she added it to her playlist.

Edited by tts42572

Loving this one...really strong all the way through. Yeah, it's Crazy Lixx lite, but who cares when it sounds this good

• Like 2

Awesome album. Really enjoying this one. Who cares if there are elements of other songs / riffs in there. Is this original? No chance. Is it a kick ass, catchy, 80s throwback fusing the best of female fronted acts / Crazy Lixx? Absolutely yes. 

There has been a small gap in our niche for a modern day Janet Gardener, Lee Aaron, Lita Ford etc and Chez has filled the void. Excellent voice and appears to be a very likeable character. This will get many spins from me - Top stuff. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant album and she is sooo down to earth and genuinely buzzing at the thought of having an album/making videos/charting/japan release etc its really nice to watch her reactions and she truly thankul to everyone,fair play and well done to her...and as I said Brilliant album.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 10:56 AM, metaltrekman said:

Ive been listening to her YouTube videos and vlog for almost 2 years and enjoy her singing very much. This one is one of my favorites on the CD. :D 

Yeah it kicks off the disc nicely  :)

Awesome release and I loved that when I was listening to it I didn't think this sounds exactly like this one single band. As kind of hinted above, I heard an element of every single female fronted band I loved from back in the day in this release. There's just bits of all of them, and I love that about it. 

As for someone saying she can't sing, is that just the token thing for some people to say about female vocalists? What rubbish. Just like with all the Issa moaning, her voice is fine. 

• Like 1

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Glen said:

Chez > ISSA

:)

better voice, better songs 

Yeah, I don't know if anyone can argue with that. 

Who the WTF said this girl can't sing??

7 hours ago, Glen said:

Chez > ISSA

:)

better voice, better songs 

In 2021, yes. I think 'Crossfire' is a better album than this, though both are fantastic. 

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

In 2021, yes. I think 'Crossfire' is a better album than this, though both are fantastic. 

I disagree sorry, I think Chez absolutely destroys any ISSA album and I'm not just talking about the vocals (which are obviously better) - the songs here are fantastic. Nothing ISSA has recorded can compare to powerhouse rockers like Too Late, Radio, Ball n chain, dead end street - its just a different beast. one of my favourite female fronted albums ever imo. I even compared it back to back with Robin Beck debut and I think it might even be stronger than that.

Its brilliant that this album has charted all over the world. Massively deserved imo 👏 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

Totally agree Chez is a ton better than Issa. It's not even close.

played it again tonight. Dead End Street is such a killer tune 

On 3/23/2021 at 1:11 PM, Geoff said:

Awesome release and I loved that when I was listening to it I didn't think this sounds exactly like this one single band. As kind of hinted above, I heard an element of every single female fronted band I loved from back in the day in this release. There's just bits of all of them, and I love that about it. 

As for someone saying she can't sing, is that just the token thing for some people to say about female vocalists? What rubbish. Just like with all the Issa moaning, her voice is fine. 

No, I love female vocalists - who can actually sing. This gal is just amateurish. My kingdom for a Sandi Saraya! :D