3 Bands NOT your thing

The Rocker

Name 3 Current/newer bands that others on here like/love/rave about, that just NOT your thing(for some reason)
I WILL get crucified for this but here we go
In No order
Work Of Art 
Degreed
Vega
  Aside from a song or 2 from each band, I just can't get into these 3 for some reason!

I think I like all the good proper bands. I think? 

I don't like stuff like;

Cats In Space

Night Flight Orchestra

Lordi

... but that's just because they're not really my thing. All the good, well regarded melodic rock bands, I think I like. I think... 

For example, I'm obviously well aware that Vega, Work Of Art, Degreed, Santa Cruz, Find Me, White Widdow, Steel Panther and Magic Dance are fantastic bands. Steel Panther not as great in recent years, but still highly regarded by me. :)

White Widdow :-) 

Never got Dangerous Toys. 

Toto. Though as I've mellowed I do accept they have a coupe of good tracks. 

I'd add to the Judas Priest. Never got any understanding of why people like them and walked out after three songs when I tried to watch them after Whitesnake opened for them. 

12 hours ago, Geoff said:

I think I like all the good proper bands. I think? 

I don't like stuff like;

Cats In Space

Night Flight Orchestra

Lordi

... but that's just because they're not really my thing. All the good, well regarded melodic rock bands, I think I like. I think... 

For example, I'm obviously well aware that Vega, Work Of Art, Degreed, Santa Cruz, Find Me, White Widdow, Steel Panther and Magic Dance are fantastic bands. Steel Panther not as great in recent years, but still highly regarded by me. :)

lol, just noticed the title of the thread. So yeah, okay, I'll say;

Cats In Space

Night Flight Orchestra

Lordi

I feel like I have a better choice than Lordi because I think the majority of people hate them too, but that's who I'm going with for now. 

I'd prefer to look at older bands. Everyone knows that for some reason I can't really get into Defiants or Tokyo Motor Fist, and most of the synthy stuff as well.

But for me

Judas Priest - I like some songs, Living After Midnite, Turbo Lover, and actually some of the Ripper stuff, but overall it was always Maiden easily in the Maiden/Priest battle

AC/DC - Sure the early stuff was great, but after Thunderstruck there really hasn't been anything of any interest.

Metallica - again, like some of their songs. Face To Black, etc but was never a fan of the speedy stuff. Moving a hand up and down the frets was never all that impressive for the sound to me. Impressive in the skill, but taht's different.

Oh, and Dio. Aside from I Could Have Been A Dreamer and maybe a couple of others, meh

I'm sure I could find a lot more than 3 bands but here are the first that come to mind...

Iron Maiden - I liked their first release with Di'anno but could never get into the band after that...

Journey - there are damn few songs by the band that I can stand listening to...mostly because I find Perry's vox too irritating...

U2 - another overrated band that has literally no redeeming songs...

Metalica after seen every Kal and Kim wearing their T Shirts, and bought at chain stores eg K Mart, Cotton On etc

Tool  same as before.

And bands that people who downloads, and not buying physical cds.

14 hours ago, Glen said:

ammunition 

Haha. I remember when I was saying how much they sucked and everyone was telling me how awesome they were. 

Of others mentioned;

Inglorious - agreed fully.

The Radio Sun - agree completely. They should be good, but it's too one-dimensional and unappealing.

Nordic Union - yep, definitely. 

15 minutes ago, PeterS said:

Who likes Inglorious? Seem to remember they've been pretty well universally panned. 

What was that female vocalist that you could use to keep dogs at bay some liked? Something to do with somebody in Vega?

Issa?

I agree that no one likes Inglorious. Same with Radio Sun too, though. I never met anyone who liked them.