H.e.a.t - H.e.a.t II

tts42572

Kenny has an excellent voice and I think he does a damn good job - He oversings on parts absolutely but there must be an element of pressure and him also wanting to showcase his vocal. 

He’s never going to sing it exactly like Erik and nor would I want him to, I feel the new material next year is when we will get a real feel for the next chapter of H.E.A.T. Bring it on.

I think what this does for me is show that Kenny can sing with some aggression and belt it out a bit.  He'll never exceed Erik for me, but this still sounds good.

Agree that the most interesting thing will be to hear new music.  This song shows though that they should be able to keep the more aggressive production style they've went to on the past few albums and that Kenny can handle it.

Hearing this mostly settles it for me too in that the reason I didn't care much for those first 2 albums wasn't due to Kenny.  It was more just due to the wimpy, lite production of those albums and style.  I mean, Kenny sounds great here and I'd still dig this tune if this was the first time I'd ever heard it and Erik had never done it.

Looking forward to hearing new music.  

• Like 1

very nice.

I didn't think he was shouting, his voice has always been good.

I saw HEAT with Kenny about 10 yrs ago and was blown away back then but it's nice to hear he still has the strength in his voice to handle the meatier more recent stuff.

Defo looking forward to seeing them next Oct and of course new music 

2 more small observations :

1. they choose probably the most aggressive song vocally on the album. To prove a point? I think some of the other songs are easier to sing

2. Is it me or does his vocals seem slightly less accented? only a good thing right? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lettard said:

Sounds good to me...it ain't Erik...but we all knew that...didn't we? Kenny has always been a very good singer si I have no qualms at all with this.

That's about where I'm at with it. Definitely proves he can sing the rocking stuff but I don't know. Doesn't excite me very much.

I hope the new material will be good.

49 minutes ago, Glen said:

2 more small observations :

1. they choose probably the most aggressive song vocally on the album. To prove a point? I think some of the other songs are easier to sing

2. Is it me or does his vocals seem slightly less accented? only a good thing right? 

Totally agree on #1.  I think they chose the most aggressive song definitely to prove a point. 

Not sure about #2 though.  At least to my ears, I never noticed any accent on Erik's stuff.  Frankly, always felt like Erik had one of the "cleanest" swedish voices I've heard.  Kenny sounds good too though in that regard and no accent coming through for him either.

Definitely going to be interesting to hear the next album.  

17 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Totally agree on #1.  I think they chose the most aggressive song definitely to prove a point. 

Not sure about #2 though.  At least to my ears, I never noticed any accent on Erik's stuff.  Frankly, always felt like Erik had one of the "cleanest" swedish voices I've heard.  Kenny sounds good too though in that regard and no accent coming through for him either.

Definitely going to be interesting to hear the next album.  

no I meant kennys vocals slightly less accented.....than they were 10 years ago. 

Erik always clean to me too 

2 minutes ago, Glen said:

no I meant kennys vocals slightly less accented.....than they were 10 years ago. 

Erik always clean to me too 

Oh...okay.  Yeah, might be a little less accented.  I probably haven't really listened enough to those first 2 albums to have enough basis of comparison.

This sounds good though.

I think it sounds good. Looking forward to new songs  in this style with Kenny on vocals. My thought on this version with Kenny is that he gives me a Bruce Dickenson vibe, not that he sounds like Bruce, but how Bruce would take on a song like this.

Edited by The Rocker

56 minutes ago, The Rocker said:

I think it sounds good. Looking forward to new songs  in this style with Kenny on vocals. My thought on this version with Kenny is that he gives me a Bruce Dickenson vibe, not that he sounds like Bruce, but how Bruce would take on a song like this.

The mannerisms in the studio are very Bruce.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, heavyharmonies said:

Not bad. Still prefer Erik's vocals though. I'll reserve judgment until I hear more current material.

Same

Yeah, I diggit. This stuff's probably pretty new to the dude too. When he was HEAT they never did anything near this aggressive and were much more AOR than they are now. His solo stuff is very light/mellow too. Not sure what other projects he's done throughout his lifetime, but this could be the most aggressive music he's been a part of? 

• My Little Pony
On 12/13/2020 at 1:46 AM, Glen said:

one thing we can all agree on is he needs to cut his hair 

Who the fuck is saying this? No one is saying this. Don't be jealous Glen; it's not a good look for you. 

;}

• My Little Pony
On 12/12/2020 at 6:04 AM, tts42572 said:

I think what this does for me is show that Kenny can sing with some aggression and belt it out a bit.  He'll never exceed Erik for me, but this still sounds good.

Agree that the most interesting thing will be to hear new music.  This song shows though that they should be able to keep the more aggressive production style they've went to on the past few albums and that Kenny can handle it.

Hearing this mostly settles it for me too in that the reason I didn't care much for those first 2 albums wasn't due to Kenny.  It was more just due to the wimpy, lite production of those albums and style.  I mean, Kenny sounds great here and I'd still dig this tune if this was the first time I'd ever heard it and Erik had never done it.

Looking forward to hearing new music.  

Hoe. Lee. Fuck. 

Look who came around!

;}

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Who the fuck is saying this? No one is saying this. Don't be jealous Glen; it's not a good look for you. 

;}

hair past your arse is ridiculous mate

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony
On 12/12/2020 at 2:06 AM, Tabe said:

New video with Kenny singing "Rise":

They just officially released this version, so you should be able to add it on Apples, or the Spotifies, or wherever. 

16 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

They just officially released this version, so you should be able to add it on Apples, or the Spotifies, or wherever. 

It's apparently slightly different. At least that's what they said on their Facebook announcement. 

• My Little Pony
10 minutes ago, Tabe said:

It's apparently slightly different. At least that's what they said on their Facebook announcement. 

Huh. I haven't listened to it, yet.