Passion - s/t

Stefan

56539220_395586104354465_524040311383523

From Frontiers:

BREAKING NEWS: Frontiers Music Srl is excited to announce the signing of Passion, a new UK band created by former Night By Night vocalist, Daniel Rossall aka 'Lion Ravarez’.

Inspired by the hard rock giants of the 80’s and 90’s, the idea of forming a new band sparked in Rossall's mind when he collaborated on a song in 2017 with other former members of Night By Night. The resulting song, which could be described as amalgamation of early '90s classic hard rock with '80s AOR, was so encouraging that it pushed Rossall to create a whole albums worth of material.

Rossall decided to send some of the demos he was working on to Frontiers and said demos immediately sparked the interest of the label who eagerly signed PASSION to the label’s roster.

"Passion is very honored and proud to be a new member of the Frontiers family,” says Rossall "It's a great pleasure to be among friends, influences, and other dedicated artists who all look to deliver the best music possible. We are very excited for the release of the debut album and cannot wait to perform these songs for rock fans all over the world. This is a fantastic musical opportunity for us and I would like to thank Frontiers for providing a platform to deliver our music to the right audience. Let's ROCK!"

While Rossall played most of the instruments on the album and produced it, make no mistake, PASSION is a band. 2019 will see "The Rise of Passion" with Lion Ravarez on lead vocals, Weston James Jr. on bass and backing vocals, Chance Vanderlain on guitar and backing vocals, and Bobby Laker on drums. An absolute must for fans of AC/DC, Aerosmith, KISS, Danger Danger, Foreigner, Journey, Ratt, Van Halen, and the like.

Be sure to follow the band on social media to receive album updates:

www.facebook.com/passionbanduk

Edited by Stefan

• 4 months later...

cat_album_cover_PASSION%20cover_5db015a1

From Frontiers:

We are thrilled to announce a January 24, 2020 release of the debut album from the UK's Passion! First single & video + more details coming soon....

Tracklist:
1. Intensity
2. Trespass On Love
3. Too Bad For Baby
4. Lost In The Dark
5. Back
6. Victims Of Desire
7. We Do What We Want
8. Built To Please
9. She Bites Hard
10. Big Game

Edited by Stefan

• 5 weeks later...

Okay but not overly exciting me initially.  It's a well done tune but just wish it had a little more bite or edge or something.

Reminds me a bit of Perfect Plan style-wise.

Keeping eyes on this though.  Would like to hear a few more songs. 

Love that,his def lep influences are certainly coming through,dont hear the Perfect Plan comparison myself,think its more Danger Danger as he sounds a bit like Ted Poley on this to me...which is great,and a wee bit of Jagged Edge towards the end.

Will now look forward to 24th JAN  :)

Edited by lettard

On 9/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, lettard said:

Liked the Night By Night cd...and this definitely looks the part...so please please please please please be good.

This is not the same singer that appeared on the album, that was Henry Rundell. Daniel was the singer prior to the album and can be seen on the video for Time to escape (although you would barely recognise him compared to the new video).

I saw Dan last year perform with Ben Christo's side project, Shot Through The Heart, which is an 80s hair metal cover band. Was great seeing him back behind the microphone as I always slightly preferred his vocals to Henry's in Night By Night.

Glad to finally have him back. (and despite the different name, that bassist looks a lot like Johnny Thornton from Night By Night as well)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, lettard said:

Thanx for the info :drink:  didn't even realise that.

Listen to the video track and then listen to the album track and you will hear the difference. I also have a version of The Moment with Dan on vox too, and I always preffered that version as well. I liked Henry on vox but deep down had always wanted Dan to stay on vox.

Edited by Captain Howdy

• 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Another Robert Mason post, but this time I really do feel a connection with it. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but my name is Dustin.  Everybody calls me Dusty, so when I saw the new Warrant album (Rockaholic) featured not only one of my favourite vocalists, but also included a track called Dusty's Revenge, I couldn't believe it. I then find out that it's a concept album about a "Rockaholic" called Dusty. For obvious reasons, I love this album. Here's a couple of tracks.      
    • Harpsichord.    I thought of it and it was random, so there you go.
    • From their FB page: Alcatrazz wish to make the following announcement: Back in late 2020 the brilliant Doogie White came in to help us out with our then already booked live dates after the departure of the previous vocalist (those dates were ultimately postponed to late 2021 due to the Covid lockdowns). We all had a GREAT time...and thus, one thing led to another and before we knew it we had made two fantastic albums and toured considerably in a nearly 4 year period. Now our schedule is getting busier and busier, as is Doogie's with his very fine solo work... and with that, the inevitable clashing of dates in our respective diaries, and needless to say, the impossibility of him being able to be in two places at one time. We remain on very very good terms with Doogie and cannot thank him enough for his contributions to the band, he is very welcome on our stage anytime, as are all past Alcatrazz alumni. Current Warlord vocalist and someone already known to many Alcatrazz fans (as co-producer and also contributing songwriter for Alcatrazz's past 3 albums) Giles Lavery will be stepping up for the 2024 live dates - and with that we will be reintroducing many songs from the Alcatrazz past, including some not played in many years. Giles's first show is 22nd of March in New Orleans, lets all make him feel welcome and please lets also give a massive thank you to our dear friend Doogie White for everything he gave to this band since 2020, he is a true pro and a great person! Doogie has a video message to the fans that we will share later today as well. Jimmy, Gary, Joe, Larry.
    • Maybe it's because I've heard GnR a couple thousand times by now, but I much prefer "Fall to Pieces" by Velvet Revolver over "Sweet Child o Mine" at this point in my life.   
    • I'll have to investigate that Durbin. I'd count Striker and Mick Mars among the best metal releases as well now that I think about it. 
    • Haven't picked up Saxon yet, but as far as metal goes, I love the new Durbin album as well.
    • I wasn’t thrilled with the singles as they came out, other than “The Serpent and the King”, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t grown on me while listening to them as part of the cohesive package that is “Invincible Shield”. I broke down and picked up the Target exclusive to get the three bonus tracks, and I enjoy them too. Overall, a damn fine addition to the JP discography. Is it better than “Firepower“? I’m not there yet, but time will tell. 🤔 This one and Saxon have set the bar pretty high for metal this year. 👍
    • Agree with this. Though I think you should check out Firepower. You can get it real cheap new everywhere. It is molten. I'm also enjoying Invincible very much and 2024 new music as a whole.
    • I remember my early days on the internet joining a group on Yahoo (yeah thats how long ago it was) and the woman who created the group was trying to persaude me how great Creed was, so much so that she sent me the first two albums on CD. I had no idea what they sounded like. When I played them all I could think is that they sounded like Pearl Jam, and I fucking hate Pearl Jam. I ended up trading them for something better. I can't remember the ins and outs of it, but I somehow shared my CD collection online and she noticed straight away that the Creed CDs were not listed. She asked me why and I said I sold them as really did not like them, and got something I did like. She never spoke to me again after that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.