W.E.T - Earthrage

Stefan

15 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

After one quick listen, I think "Elegantly Wasted" is my favourite tune, if only for the subject matter. ;}

Good tune.  I almost wish that song had another verse or something though....Feels a little short for some reason even though it's 3 minutes long.  Maybe it's the kind of abrupt ending it has that is making it feel short to me.  Interesting song though.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 3/14/2018 at 6:45 PM, Glen said:

sounding more like Eclipse than WET to me but that's hardly surprising 

Erik can do no wrong imo. 

Erik can do no different. IMO. It's not terrible but it's just the same as the rest. I'm kind of getting bored of his style. Needs to learn a few new tricks.  

Pleased to report that this is more varied.

Probably about half the album is like a more melodic Eclipse, granted.............but that's not a surprise. But there are a few which break it up a bit.

My early favs are not the singles as well which is always nice.

Great job.

I'm not going to try to compare to the previous 2, but looking at what's scheduled to be released this year I'd be amazed if this doesn't make top 5. 

Some great albums yet to come in 2018.

difficult to know where this would have placed last year. There was some awesome stuff last year. Top 10 for sure, but top 5 not so sure. 

Listened to it tonight and I was not disappointed.  My favorite tracks at the moment are "Burn", "Elegantly Wasted" and "Dangerous".  While it might end up in my top 5 this year, I initially feel it is a notch or two below their prior releases, with Rise Up still being my favorite. 

13 hours ago, Mafisen said:

Can't see how this will be topped. Best album from start to finish that I have heard for several years. 

I predict that Vega, to be released shortly, will topple it already.

I also think it's quite good. Definitely not too Eclipse-ish. Vocals aside, I actually hear a lot more of JSS in this album than I feel like I've heard in the first two. He sounds like more than just the voice this time. Could be wrong, but it's the vibe I get. 

Good, strong album, and I'm looking forward to more listens. 

Really enjoying this,its one of those albums that just goes by and before you know is over,love Elegantly Wasted.

I agree with Geoff though that Vega could topple it,from the 2 tracks they have released so far its heading in the right direction.

This gets better every spin. 

Vega will of course be awesome as it always is but for me I suspect NFO will topple it.

But only a madman would predict anything other than top 5. it's great all the way through....a rare thing these days. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

it's great all the way through....a rare thing these days. 

Yeah,thats what I meant about it being over before you know it,because there isn't a dud on this imho :)

Really is great all the way through. 

Quite a collection of music in their three albums....Really cover just about everything in the spectrum between AOR and melodic hard rock and they do it all really well. 

I don't know if it'll be my favorite album this year....I do really, really like Shiraz Lane....but both are basically perfect IMO and really couldn't ask for more.

And still some fantastic stuff coming with Maverick, Station and Midnite City :)

I'm just glad we're getting such awesome new music to listen to :headbanger: 

I agree...It's pretty damn good!

My favourite track which I no one has mentioned yet is ''Kings Of Thunder Road''...love that chorus. 

58 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

I agree...It's pretty damn good!

My favourite track which I no one has mentioned yet is ''Kings Of Thunder Road''...love that chorus. 

love that track. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Another Robert Mason post, but this time I really do feel a connection with it. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but my name is Dustin.  Everybody calls me Dusty, so when I saw the new Warrant album (Rockaholic) featured not only one of my favourite vocalists, but also included a track called Dusty's Revenge, I couldn't believe it. I then find out that it's a concept album about a "Rockaholic" called Dusty. For obvious reasons, I love this album. Here's a couple of tracks.      
    • Harpsichord.    I thought of it and it was random, so there you go.
    • From their FB page: Alcatrazz wish to make the following announcement: Back in late 2020 the brilliant Doogie White came in to help us out with our then already booked live dates after the departure of the previous vocalist (those dates were ultimately postponed to late 2021 due to the Covid lockdowns). We all had a GREAT time...and thus, one thing led to another and before we knew it we had made two fantastic albums and toured considerably in a nearly 4 year period. Now our schedule is getting busier and busier, as is Doogie's with his very fine solo work... and with that, the inevitable clashing of dates in our respective diaries, and needless to say, the impossibility of him being able to be in two places at one time. We remain on very very good terms with Doogie and cannot thank him enough for his contributions to the band, he is very welcome on our stage anytime, as are all past Alcatrazz alumni. Current Warlord vocalist and someone already known to many Alcatrazz fans (as co-producer and also contributing songwriter for Alcatrazz's past 3 albums) Giles Lavery will be stepping up for the 2024 live dates - and with that we will be reintroducing many songs from the Alcatrazz past, including some not played in many years. Giles's first show is 22nd of March in New Orleans, lets all make him feel welcome and please lets also give a massive thank you to our dear friend Doogie White for everything he gave to this band since 2020, he is a true pro and a great person! Doogie has a video message to the fans that we will share later today as well. Jimmy, Gary, Joe, Larry.
    • Maybe it's because I've heard GnR a couple thousand times by now, but I much prefer "Fall to Pieces" by Velvet Revolver over "Sweet Child o Mine" at this point in my life.   
    • I'll have to investigate that Durbin. I'd count Striker and Mick Mars among the best metal releases as well now that I think about it. 
    • Haven't picked up Saxon yet, but as far as metal goes, I love the new Durbin album as well.
    • I wasn’t thrilled with the singles as they came out, other than “The Serpent and the King”, but I’ll be damned if they haven’t grown on me while listening to them as part of the cohesive package that is “Invincible Shield”. I broke down and picked up the Target exclusive to get the three bonus tracks, and I enjoy them too. Overall, a damn fine addition to the JP discography. Is it better than “Firepower“? I’m not there yet, but time will tell. 🤔 This one and Saxon have set the bar pretty high for metal this year. 👍
    • Agree with this. Though I think you should check out Firepower. You can get it real cheap new everywhere. It is molten. I'm also enjoying Invincible very much and 2024 new music as a whole.
    • I remember my early days on the internet joining a group on Yahoo (yeah thats how long ago it was) and the woman who created the group was trying to persaude me how great Creed was, so much so that she sent me the first two albums on CD. I had no idea what they sounded like. When I played them all I could think is that they sounded like Pearl Jam, and I fucking hate Pearl Jam. I ended up trading them for something better. I can't remember the ins and outs of it, but I somehow shared my CD collection online and she noticed straight away that the Creed CDs were not listed. She asked me why and I said I sold them as really did not like them, and got something I did like. She never spoke to me again after that

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.