Stefan

W.E.T - Earthrage

15 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

After one quick listen, I think "Elegantly Wasted" is my favourite tune, if only for the subject matter. ;}

Good tune.  I almost wish that song had another verse or something though....Feels a little short for some reason even though it's 3 minutes long.  Maybe it's the kind of abrupt ending it has that is making it feel short to me.  Interesting song though.

My copy should be arriving Friday, can't wait to give it a spin    

Mine came this morning,im at work atm but I'll be blastin it as soon as I get home :)

On 3/14/2018 at 6:45 PM, Glen said:

sounding more like Eclipse than WET to me but that's hardly surprising 

Erik can do no wrong imo. 

Erik can do no different. IMO. It's not terrible but it's just the same as the rest. I'm kind of getting bored of his style. Needs to learn a few new tricks.  

Pleased to report that this is more varied.

Probably about half the album is like a more melodic Eclipse, granted.............but that's not a surprise. But there are a few which break it up a bit.

My early favs are not the singles as well which is always nice.

Great job.

I'm not going to try to compare to the previous 2, but looking at what's scheduled to be released this year I'd be amazed if this doesn't make top 5. 

I'm just going to come out and say it:

This is the album of the year. 

3 minutes ago, Mafisen said:

So far ;)

5 hours ago, Mafisen said:

4 hours ago, Glen said:

So far ;)

Agreed

Can't see how this will be topped. Best album from start to finish that I have heard for several years. 

Some great albums yet to come in 2018.

difficult to know where this would have placed last year. There was some awesome stuff last year. Top 10 for sure, but top 5 not so sure. 

Listened to it tonight and I was not disappointed.  My favorite tracks at the moment are "Burn", "Elegantly Wasted" and "Dangerous".  While it might end up in my top 5 this year, I initially feel it is a notch or two below their prior releases, with Rise Up still being my favorite. 

13 hours ago, Mafisen said:

Can't see how this will be topped. Best album from start to finish that I have heard for several years. 

I predict that Vega, to be released shortly, will topple it already.

I also think it's quite good. Definitely not too Eclipse-ish. Vocals aside, I actually hear a lot more of JSS in this album than I feel like I've heard in the first two. He sounds like more than just the voice this time. Could be wrong, but it's the vibe I get. 

Good, strong album, and I'm looking forward to more listens. 

Really enjoying this,its one of those albums that just goes by and before you know is over,love Elegantly Wasted.

I agree with Geoff though that Vega could topple it,from the 2 tracks they have released so far its heading in the right direction.

38 minutes ago, lettard said:

I agree with Geoff though that Vega could topple it,from the 2 tracks they have released so far its heading in the right direction.

Vega is nice, but I don't think they can top this

14 minutes ago, Invisible_man said:

Vega is nice, but I don't think they can top this

+1

This gets better every spin. 

Vega will of course be awesome as it always is but for me I suspect NFO will topple it.

But only a madman would predict anything other than top 5. it's great all the way through....a rare thing these days. 

1 hour ago, Glen said:

it's great all the way through....a rare thing these days. 

Yeah,thats what I meant about it being over before you know it,because there isn't a dud on this imho :)

Really is great all the way through. 

Quite a collection of music in their three albums....Really cover just about everything in the spectrum between AOR and melodic hard rock and they do it all really well. 

I don't know if it'll be my favorite album this year....I do really, really like Shiraz Lane....but both are basically perfect IMO and really couldn't ask for more.

And still some fantastic stuff coming with Maverick, Station and Midnite City :)

I'm just glad we're getting such awesome new music to listen to :headbanger: 

Even I like this one, so you know it's good. ;}

SO good!

I agree...It's pretty damn good!

My favourite track which I no one has mentioned yet is ''Kings Of Thunder Road''...love that chorus. 

58 minutes ago, zacharyamelie said:

I agree...It's pretty damn good!

My favourite track which I no one has mentioned yet is ''Kings Of Thunder Road''...love that chorus. 

love that track. 

Vega has never quite done it for me. I've always found them too smooth. The latest single has more edge and if the album is in the same vein, it could be a contender.

Full album. I guess it will be taken down shortly.

Sounds good, I'll have to pick it up...I had passed on it but it rocks hard enough to work for me...