Tony Harnell Quits Skid Row

T-BONE

Difficult not to spot the elephant in the room... :whistle:

From their TNT's facebook page " Best wishes for a great new year with new possibillities...."

I've already offered my car + gas to the organizers of my local fest.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got no idea in the world who the guy is and can't get much from those snippets, but the fan response appears to be, uh, great.

It would look like a strange choice on paper given the band he's been in.... but this guy has a set of pipes. I only heard a snippet of 18 & Life and Piece of Me and he seems to do Bach quite effortlessly even with the crappy video capture.

I'm excited as I think he's a good fit. Shame the band can't write or record anything anymore tho!

• My Little Pony

Started listening to those clips and then thought, "Wait, what the phuk am I doing? I don't give a shit about this band anymore." That's how bored I am right now. I'm waiting for my chicken to thaw, so I watched some shitty live recordings of Skid Row with another new singer to kill time. That's depressing.

Very strange choice indeed but as I recall seeing him 8 years ago with Dragonforce, he has some pipes, although I must say, why don't mend things with Bach ?

You may possibly be the only person on the planet who doesn't know why Skid Row refuse to take Bach back. :)

Very strange choice indeed but as I recall seeing him 8 years ago with Dragonforce, he has some pipes, although I must say, why don't mend things with Bach ?

You may possibly be the only person on the planet who doesn't know why Skid Row refuse to take Bach back. :)

He's one of two.

Does it actually have anything to do with the whole KISS thing? Bach supposedly booking a gig for Skid Row to open for KISS in the mid-90's, Bolan thinking they were too big to be opening for anyone, and hence kicking Bach out the band. Is that a true story? And then Skid Row opened for KISS about 5 years later.

I can't in a million years believe it's all over something this petty, so what's the part of the story Nightrain and I don't know about??

The Kiss things seems to be the one that was the final straw, but also Bach said he wouldn't sing the new songs brought to him by the band. The band told him to quite. He said no. He was fired.

Also during the Kiss thing he apparently told on of the band mates he's 'kick their ass'

Ironically Skid Row Supported Kiss on the Farewell tour - must have really pissed of Bach

From what the band have said, there was much more over the years that the eventually relieved themselves of when Bach left.

It's been 20 years now, so a fair amount of time.

The band says that since then, there have never been any talks of reuniting.

Lots of people want it, and it is in the press every year (usually initiated by Bach), but if the band are turning for half a million dollars for a 2 show reunion, then you can bet the issues are pretty deep rooted.

Snake has said that he has no relationship with him because of drams and stress that was created, so I guess that's where he stands.

I like some of Baz's solo stuff, never really took to any Skid Row after Slave. A couple of decent tracks on Subhuman Race, but that's about it.

I like some of Baz's solo stuff, never really took to any Skid Row after Slave. A couple of decent tracks on Subhuman Race, but that's about it.

It's funny how there's some bands who pull so much weight based on so little material. I love Skid Row as much as the next guy, but yeah, it's all based purely on those first two albums. I agree that there is a tiny handful of good songs from 'Subhuman Race,' I even like a few from 'Thickskin' too... but Bach's solo material is 95% average as hell and the rest of Skid Row's stuff is garbage.

Anyway, nothing about the break up seems that bad, but I guess for there to seemingly be no chance at all of a reunion - when if any of them have any brain at all, they'd know that's the only possible way on the planet they will ever have anyone really interested in their material again - there must be something deeper beneath the surface that's more personal to the band members that we don't really know about.

Anyway, respect to the best thing that came out of their post-Bach years;

He's one of two.

Does it actually have anything to do with the whole KISS thing?

Apparently, Sebastian Bach is simply one of the most irritating, prima donna, adult ADHD inflicted man-children ever to set foot on God's green earth, and the Skid Row guys just don't want to put up with his shit ever again.

Supposedly they've received some lucrative reunion offers over the years but they won't even entertain the possibility. You almost have to admire their resolve. You gotta REALLY hate somebody to keep turning down that kind of cash. :D

Most TNT is weak. All of their best songs could just about fill a disc imo.

Thank you. I've never understood what all the whoop-de-doo is about TNT, thought I was the only one. :D

• My Little Pony

It's funny how there's some bands who pull so much weight based on so little material. I love Skid Row as much as the next guy, but yeah, it's all based purely on those first two albums.

Yeah. It's odd. Especially with a band like Skid Row, when you consider the majority of their work is forgettable.

He's one of two.

Does it actually have anything to do with the whole KISS thing?

Apparently, Sebastian Bach is simply one of the most irritating, prima donna, adult ADHD inflicted man-children ever to set foot on God's green earth, and the Skid Row guys just don't want to put up with his shit ever again.

Supposedly they've received some lucrative reunion offers over the years but they won't even entertain the possibility. You almost have to admire their resolve. You gotta REALLY hate somebody to keep turning down that kind of cash. :D

Freddy has it bang on. On one hand I admire the Skids for not letting dollar signs compromise their ethics but I would also think that if money isn't a concern, how 'bout simply getting together for those people who made Skid Row what they are/were; us the fans. One day it will be too late.

The Kiss things seems to be the one that was the final straw, but also Bach said he wouldn't sing the new songs brought to him by the band. The band told him to quite. He said no. He was fired.

Also during the Kiss thing he apparently told on of the band mates he's 'kick their ass'

Ironically Skid Row Supported Kiss on the Farewell tour - must have really pissed of Bach

From what the band have said, there was much more over the years that the eventually relieved themselves of when Bach left.

It's been 20 years now, so a fair amount of time.

The band says that since then, there have never been any talks of reuniting.

Lots of people want it, and it is in the press every year (usually initiated by Bach), but if the band are turning for half a million dollars for a 2 show reunion, then you can bet the issues are pretty deep rooted.

Snake has said that he has no relationship with him because of drams and stress that was created, so I guess that's where he stands.

I knew most of the reasons but Slash once departed from GNR because he had a dispute with Axl regarding his guitar works being taken out and also against Axl's demand on putting 3 guitarists in one band but it's been 20 years and broken things like that finally mended and that's what I'm trying to say with Skid Row.

Both of them had move on since 1995 and create something on their own and while we agree all of them mostly sub-par, actually in reality, they're not doin' too bad cash-wise I guess (Skid Row and Bach each still did more than 50 tours a year I guess) but I believe they'll be ten-fold commercially successful when back together again and perhaps at least one good reunion album like RATT did will be enough for us :D

In this age where economy isn't doing really great in US and Europe post-2008 crash, you should capitalize this kinda opportunity because in 3-4 years, who knows, one of em isn't gonna be strong enough to play on stage and should rest in bed, nobody knows about it but fact stated that in the last couple of months, at least 5-6 famous names were gone for good.

I'm as keen as the next guy to have these classic bands reform eg. Van Halen, Guns, Skid Row, Ratt etc. However, I'm not interested in seeing them live usually due to the singers of the bands I like not having the range anymore. Then there's how do a bunch of around 50 something's deliver songs about getting laid on the weekend....

My advice, especially for a band like Gunners is to record and not tour. Axl will be able to deliver something with enough takes, green tea, cocaine...whatever. The gigs on the other hand will be horrific. Sure they'll make some $$ but the call will go out ... as JSS once sang...'retire or die'!

I'll remember them how they were thanks - live and disc

Yeah I'm pretty much the same for the most part.

Unless they can offer up something unique, they're generally just beating a dead horse (pun intended) and hurting their legacy.

I never saw GNR live. Soon after they toured I heard the live CD's and was pretty happy with the decision.

And that was as good as they were gonna sound live, and it pretty much sucked.

I don't expect nor do I need a vocalist to hit every note like they did in their heyday. I'm hitting a rock show to have a good time. If the band is tight and the singer is giving it all he's got, they'll get their point across. I've seen plenty of concerts and the only one I can recall walking out of dissappointed was Gramm in Foreigner at an outdoor festival just before his bout with cancer. Melodies were indecipherable and he struggled mightily before having Jones sing two songs.

I'll remember them how they were thanks - live and disc

Yeah I'm pretty much the same for the most part.

Unless they can offer up something unique, they're generally just beating a dead horse (pun intended) and hurting their legacy.

I never saw GNR live. Soon after they toured I heard the live CD's and was pretty happy with the decision.

And that was as good as they were gonna sound live, and it pretty much sucked.

I saw them early 90s. Excellent gig.