Dave Grohl Haters

nyoilers

Grohl's cool. He needs to do another Probot record!!

I find him and his silly band extremely insignificant. If people are happy grovelling over such a generally average artist; good luck to 'em.

You wont find a better live band than the Foos.........I saw them at Brixton Academy (2000 cap) and they absolutely killed the place. Awesome gig.

I havent checked out their new album yet, but all their albums have been pretty good.

I especially like 'The Colour and The Shape'

Hate Nirvana all you like, but The Foo's are a great band, live as well as in the studio. If people put their 'Hate' to one side for a moment and actually listened to their albums (which a lot probably haven't) they would find some great songs and song writing on all of them. As Glen said, Live they are awesome too and could kick the ass of many a band. I'd much prefer to listen to some of their stuff than some of the total crap that gets bandied about everywhere else

• My Little Pony

Foo Fighters have always been a band I would turn up the radio for, but wasn't never interested enough to investigate further. I used to have a Japanese exchange student living with my family, and he introduced me to them. He had the album with "Monkey Wrench" on it. I played that song so many times. I still get excited when I hear it.

Foo Fighters have always been a band I would turn up the radio for, but wasn't never interested enough to investigate further. I used to have a Japanese exchange student living with my family, and he introduced me to them. He had the album with "Monkey Wrench" on it. I played that song so many times. I still get excited when I hear it.

How excited do you get?

He masturbates with a monkey wrench?? :whistle::shutup:

i group them with other radio-rock bands like Nickleback, Matchbox 20 and Bon Jovi these days. Yeah, its rock,... but pretty ordinary 'rock by the numbers'.

I find their song writing really 'boy band like' with inspirational stuff like 'hero', 'learn to fly', 'all my life', 'times like these'. Hardly ground breaking stuff... but as i said 'rock by the numbers'.

They're the Poison for the new generation.

I'm sure everyone likes a few Foo Fighters songs - I put half a dozen on the mixes I made for travel with my wife in the car. There's some decent stuff in their catalogue, no doubt, but they're still just them. Like Lindsay says - rock-by-numbers, boring radio rock band.

The way I'd put it best is they're an okay band to listen to if you have to listen to them (eg. if the radio is on). If you don't need to be listening to them, though, I certainly would not choose to do so.

As for being great live, I'm sure One Direction are very active when they play live. I'm sure the majority of popular bands play a good live show, but that personally means nothing to me at all if I don't connect with the songs. I'd personally much rather see a band play brilliant songs live without being amazing, rather than seeing a band play average songs in an amazing way.