nyoilers

Dave Grohl Haters

I'm sure everyone likes a few Foo Fighters songs - I put half a dozen on the mixes I made for travel with my wife in the car. There's some decent stuff in their catalogue, no doubt, but they're still just them. Like Lindsay says - rock-by-numbers, boring radio rock band.

The way I'd put it best is they're an okay band to listen to if you have to listen to them (eg. if the radio is on). If you don't need to be listening to them, though, I certainly would not choose to do so.

As for being great live, I'm sure One Direction are very active when they play live. I'm sure the majority of popular bands play a good live show, but that personally means nothing to me at all if I don't connect with the songs. I'd personally much rather see a band play brilliant songs live without being amazing, rather than seeing a band play average songs in an amazing way.

Truth is One Direction are probably shit live but there you go.

I dont love every Foo Fighters release, but there are always at least 4-5 very good to excellent songs on each album, and that makes them worthwhile checking out.

If I was to make a 15 track best of cd for the car it would be great....and those 15 songs live will blow your balls off.

Trust me.....

Just one other thing.........

I must have seen close on 100 bands at Firefest and some of them have been good, some of them have been terrible.

But as good as most of those bands are and as much as I love them bands, if you were to put the Foo Fighters live in Rock City they would blow the place off the face of the earth.

Fact.

Nickelback,Matchbox 20 and Bon Jovi are more pop oriented than the Foo Fighters.Where I live in NY you will never hear the Foo Fighters played on the same station as Bon Jovi or Matchbox 20.BJ and M20 will be played on classic rock or adult contemporary stations while The Foo will be on active rock.

Geoff,if you've ever heard of Hotel California by The Eagles than you've heard Joe Walsh's guitar playing.

Glen,if you've ever heard of Hotel California by The Eagles than you've heard Joe Walsh's guitar playing.

I think you meant to direct that towards Geoffery. And he's probably never heard that song. He has no patience for Classic Rock.

Glen,if you've ever heard of Hotel California by The Eagles than you've heard Joe Walsh's guitar playing.

I think you meant to direct that towards Geoffery. And he's probably never heard that song. He has no patience for Classic Rock.

I've heard the song... regrettably. Haha, nah, it's okay for bland radio rock... kind of like Foo Fighters! ;)

But yeah, okay, fair enough if that's who he is. Still never heard of him. I always thought Eric Clapton was The Eagles' guitarist, wasn't he? What do I care anyway... not my type of music at all.

Nickelback,Matchbox 20 and Bon Jovi are more pop oriented than the Foo Fighters.Where I live in NY you will never hear the Foo Fighters played on the same station as Bon Jovi or Matchbox 20.BJ and M20 will be played on classic rock or adult contemporary stations while The Foo will be on active rock.

They're played one after the other on the 'rock' stations over here.

Foo fighters look far heavier than they sound.

I've heard the song... regrettably. Haha, nah, it's okay for bland radio rock... kind of like Foo Fighters! ;)

But yeah, okay, fair enough if that's who he is. Still never heard of him. I always thought Eric Clapton was The Eagles' guitarist, wasn't he? What do I care anyway... not my type of music at all.

Seriously?! I appreciate it might not be your thing, but ... seriously?? :yikes:

Just picked up the new Foo Fighters for $4.87 at Walmart's.Great deal !

I loved the sound city film He seems a genuine guy with a passion for music. Whether you like his music , or not, surely that counts for a lot?

Yeah that was a cool documentary, I like the guy he seems to have a lot of passion for his music but the Foos are just not for me. I've tried liking them but I just find them boring.

Seriously?! I appreciate it might not be your thing, but ... seriously?? :yikes:

Geoffers..... are you guys so cut off in Oz :D 10 solo albums not counting live releases, The Barnstorm album or the James Gang albums. Never mind Eagles. Seriously his solo his stuff is some of the moist diverse stuff I have ever heard from a guitarist .... probably because he cares about songs and not (as most guitarists incessantly insist on doing) just showing off his chops!

Geoffers..... are you guys so cut off in Oz :D 10 solo albums not counting live releases, The Barnstorm album or the James Gang albums. Never mind Eagles. Seriously his solo his stuff is some of the moist diverse stuff I have ever heard from a guitarist .... probably because he cares about songs and not (as most guitarists incessantly insist on doing) just showing off his chops!

Honestly not even heard the name before. And won't ever hear his music either. ;)

Geoff,you should youtube ILBT's by Joe walsh.It's worth the 3 minutes !

Great set list that Dave played for his birthday bash ! Plus he got help from David lee Roth,Paul Stanley,Slash,Alice Cooper.....

This is a great song by Joe Walsh: