I am on a roll

AlphaMale

5 brand new threads and not a single reply in any of them.

fozzy thread in videos: 26 views/0 replies
bormann thread in aor: 35 views/0 replies
astra thread in metal: 15 views/0 replies
farmikos thread in aor: 22 views/0 replies
weapon thread in aor: 25 views/0 replies

And you guys wonder why it is dead around here. When you do try to spread the word about new bands somebody on here might like, it goes totally ignored.

Disappointing to say the least. And something that never used to happen at all.

That's all. :violin2:

• 2023 Gold Donors

I 'll reply to this thread ! I've been busy with other things and haven't bought any new music this year.I hope to correct that tomorrow ! Plus,I'm having trouble keeping up with the old bands !

Nothin' personal. I'm just a grumpy, jaded old prick who ignores most new stuff....

When I get I do get to the forum with any time to spare on my hands I always check out all the new music threads and try to comment on them all. Hopefully I get to these ones sooner rather than later... :)

I check out the new post (threads) everyday, but don't always reply. Will do from now on, don't won't to see this site slowly fade away.

If the bands didn't blow, I'd reply ;)

That's just it. I think 100% of the people here would agree that they'd rather have someone reply and say they don't like a band/song, then have the thread completely ignored. I think this was discussed before.

I don't slag on anyone who doesn't like a band I post. It's all about finding someone who might like it. I slag a few bands that other people post that I don't like but at least I reply to said thread.

When threads gets many views but no replies, it's almost insulting.

That's just it. I think 100% of the people here would agree that they'd rather have someone reply and say they don't like a band/song, then have the thread completely ignored. I think this was discussed before.

I don't slag on anyone who doesn't like a band I post. It's all about finding someone who might like it. I slag a few bands that other people post that I don't like but at least I reply to said thread.

You can't look at it that way. Anybody that even half way knows you knows you are a cool guy. Not everyone likes the same thing. I get rubbed the wrong way from time to time and probably rub some the wrong way as well. But I'm cool with 98% of the peeps on here but I don't always reply to all threads.

When you get the morning paper do you read every page? Nope, because some things don't interest you.

It's all good in the hood...now wait for Geoff to start making sick comments about rubbing from my post. He's gay like that :)

You can't look at it that way. Anybody that even half way knows you knows you are a cool guy. Not everyone likes the same thing. I get rubbed the wrong way from time to time and probably rub some the wrong way as well. But I'm cool with 98% of the peeps on here but I don't always reply to all threads.

When you get the morning paper do you read every page? Nope, because some things don't interest you.

It's all good in the hood...now wait for Geoff to start making sick comments about rubbing from my post. He's gay like that :)

I was just gonna say the same/similar thing.

I did check out that new Fozzy and was so saddened by its repulsiveness that I lost all ability to chain together a cohesive thought and muster up the motor skills to type...

• My Little Pony

I do most my surfing on my phone. I typically don't listen to songs posted through my shitty phone speakers, as more often than not, it has given me the wrong impression of what I was listening to. With that said, if something didn't interest me, chances are I won't give it a try once I'm home on my computer. Furthermore, I noticed some of your threads don't have any songs, anyway. If I don't recognize the band or its members, and I don't have something to sample, there's even a slimmer chance of me leaving my tuppence.

Now, you are fortunate, because you've caught me in a uncommon situation. I've been away from home for a week, and only have my phone to access internet. With a lot of free time in the evenings, and not much to do, I've succumbed to listening to the posted tracks on my shitty phone. However, there is a triage here, and Brother Firetribe takes priority. Streaming the album as I type this. Sounds great!

i post a hell of a lot in the threads that interest me.

Do you really want someone going 'hey that's shit' ??

I'll check out those threads above...........

I was just gonna say the same/similar thing.

I did check out that new Fozzy and was so saddened by its repulsiveness that I lost all ability to chain together a cohesive thought and muster up the motor skills to type...

Yeah I avoided the Fozzy thread because I would rather pull all my nails out than listen to a single minute of any of the bands releases....simply awful stuff IMO....and like others on here I do not like making negative comments about what might be potentially someone's favorite band...I've learned the hard way that people can get very upset when you take a shot at their favorite band/musician... :lol:

Haha, some very polite people here. ;)

Just one last thing on this thread from me. The main reason that I personally reply to every music thread I open, is to leave a trail of what I have and have not heard, and what I thought of it. I don't know about y'all's memories, but there is so much music around and so much else going on in daily life. I see threads here all the time that get bumped about bands I cannot remember if I have heard yet or what I thought of them. Every time I do this, I open the thread and look for my comment to remind me where I am at with this band. If there's no comment, I listen and then make a comment, so I can reference it next time.

I know a lot of people here think stuff like that, and rating albums is really gay. But you guys must just have photographic memories, because I find stuff like this is perfect for keeping in check how you feel about the billions of pieces of music that exist on the planet. My only regret is that I did not start rating and keeping a database of music from the first day I ever bought my first cassette tape. ;)

Haha, some very polite people here. ;)

Just one last thing on this thread from me. The main reason that I personally reply to every music thread I open, is to leave a trail of what I have and have not heard, and what I thought of it. I don't know about y'all's memories, but there is so much music around and so much else going on in daily life. I see threads here all the time that get bumped about bands I cannot remember if I have heard yet or what I thought of them. Every time I do this, I open the thread and look for my comment to remind me where I am at with this band. If there's no comment, I listen and then make a comment, so I can reference it next time.

I know a lot of people here think stuff like that, and rating albums is really gay. But you guys must just have photographic memories, because I find stuff like this is perfect for keeping in check how you feel about the billions of pieces of music that exist on the planet. My only regret is that I did not start rating and keeping a database of music from the first day I ever bought my first cassette tape. ;)

Great points Geoff. :)

LOL, I was going to say something to the effect the bands blow to, just to be a genius, well bro ya know, sadly I might truly think all those bands suck, I wouldn't say suck, If that Astra disc is anything like the ST disc, i'll for sure pick it up if it is.

LOL, I was going to say something to the effect the bands blow to, just to be a genius, well bro ya know, sadly I might truly think all those bands suck, I wouldn't say suck, If that Astra disc is anything like the ST disc, i'll for sure pick it up if it is.

Not thinking they are the same Astra. This Astra mixes prog/metal/hard rock. Not a bad disc.