Bon Jovi – Because we can

embrock

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. Not the 'classic' (whatever that means) Bon Jovi but good nevertheless. From the album 'What About Now' out March 26th.

427762_10151169927787000_994891620_n.jpg

Nah! I'm changing my mind. I love it!

I listened to it a few more times and take away the Bon Jovi name and you got a great song on your hands. Maybe a sucking Bon Jovi song but a great one on its own.

• My Little Pony

It's not terrible, like gener8tr claims it to be, but it didn't get me stiff, like Stefan appears to be. Quite forgettable.

Sounds OK to my ears..VERY Springsteen like vibe on the chorus...in fact he should have got him in to do some backing vox on it.

Sounds OK to my ears..VERY Springsteen like vibe on the chorus...in fact he should have got him in to do some backing vox on it.

Considering Jon still has a Springsteen poster hanging on his wall, this surprises me very little. I mean he even plays the same Telecaster for God's sake... why not ask Patti Scialfa out for dinner and drinks?

Some of you guys are getting soft in our old age. Bon Jovi would have been boo'ed off the stage opening for Ratt in 1985 had they played this song. This one will be covered by Mylie Cyrus on her next album, I guarantee :)

Considering Jon still has a Springsteen poster hanging on his wall, this surprises me very little. I mean he even plays the same Telecaster for God's sake... why not ask Patti Scialfa out for dinner and drinks?

Some of you guys are getting soft in our old age. Bon Jovi would have been boo'ed off the stage opening for Ratt in 1985 had they played this song. This one will be covered by Mylie Cyrus on her next album, I guarantee :)

All middle of the road BJ fans will lap this up. Alas I do believe that a return to their more rocking roots is unlikely to happen.

All middle of the road BJ fans will lap this up. Alas I do believe that a return to their more rocking roots is unlikely to happen.

You are correct, sir. The soccer-moms and their now early teenaged daughters love Jon, buy his t-shirts, bumper stickers, Keep The Faith lucky rabbit's feet keychains and $1,000.00 VIP seats at the Garden.

I'd buy a single copy of his new CD if it was good, and a scalper seat for $20.00 in the nosebleeds to see the band if they came to Portland. Easy choice as to his current target audience.

Please keep in mind, I was a HUGE fan at one time, so do not label me a hater... he simply left me (and those like me) behind, and I'm cool with that. When I want to wax nostalgiac I pull out Slippery and fade back in time to the summer of 1987. GOOD TIMES my friends!

You are correct, sir. The soccer-moms and their now early teenaged daughters love Jon, buy his t-shirts, bumper stickers, Keep The Faith lucky rabbit's feet keychains and $1,000.00 VIP seats at the Garden.

I'd buy a single copy of his new CD if it was good, and a scalper seat for $20.00 in the nosebleeds to see the band if they came to Portland. Easy choice as to his current target audience.

Please keep in mind, I was a HUGE fan at one time, so do not label me a hater... he simply left me (and those like me) behind, and I'm cool with that. When I want to wax nostalgiac I pull out Slippery and fade back in time to the summer of 1987. GOOD TIMES my friends!

AGREE!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really young too, 'cause I like it. Seriously, just a cool catchy tune, BJ or not.

Jeez the guys in the band are starting to look their age, though. Why is Hugh not in the film clips? What is the reason he has never become a permanent part of the band? I noticed the other day when reading through the liner notes that he actually plays as far back as on the Bon Jovi debut.

What's this new song called? Can't play it on my phone. Ta

Still the same one - 'Because we can' - just the official video this time around.