Black Veil Brides

66 mustang

This sounds really good! Do they have a cd out?

You beat me to it. The new CD just came out today. $9.99 at Best Buy.

Since I'd only ever heard one of the tracks off the first CD on Octane, I picked up both CDs today.

I've added both of them to HH:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=5945&CDName=We+Stitch+These+Wounds&Letter=A

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=5945&CDName=Set+the+World+on+Fire&Letter=A

Their first CD, which came out last year, is a cross between HIM and Avenged Sevenfold. The use of distorted/growling vocals part of the time is a bit offputting at times.

I'm happy to say that those vocals are pretty much gone on the new CD. It is definitely a guitar-driven album.

Black_Veil_Brides_Set_The_World_On_Fire.jpg

Here are a couple of hi-res tracks:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/audio/bvb_loveisntalwaysfair.mp3

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/audio/bvb_rebellovesong.mp3

There's some filler, but overall I'm liking what I hear; am not all the way through the new CD yet.

What's funny to me is that some reviewers are criticizing the new album for bring too "retro" and "80s", wishing they had kept the more Avenged Sevenfold sound, yet to me the move is in the right direction and makes it more HH-worthy. Go figure.

wow, this is rare indeed. most of the time I find some "new" band, do a search on here and it has already been discussed. I figured they were already a thread dedicated to them here but no. It is very rare that I'm not late to the party for a band.

I checked this out over the weekend and that first song New Religion I swore I was listening to a slightly less powerful Metallica song. Guess he sorta sounds like Hetfield IMO. They certainly start off with a song that is sorta Metallica like with the speed drumming, fast, etc. After that it tones down in to something more HH like.

I never woulda thought Best Buy would have this. Might have to give this a few more listens and go spend a Rewards certificate that is somewhere in the back of the car...hopefully.

heard this yesterday, i'll say it's a good one. They're actually bordering between modern heavy metal style (A7X) and melodic rock, probably modern melodic metal ?

think will pick this one if i can find a second-hand cheap copy of it later :)

After more listens, they look like the crue but are very modern sounding.Aveng7fold?

I downloaded the whole album off of Itunes, but I'm only going to keep about half of it. The bonus track "Smoke and Mirrors" off Itunes was actually one of my favorite tracks on the whole thing.

Nice. Very cool. They look like the 2011 version of 'Shout at the devil' era Motley Crue. Looking forward to checking this one out.

Nice. Very cool. They look like the 2011 version of 'Shout at the devil' era Motley Crue. Looking forward to checking this one out.

Be forewarned though, while their look screams '80s Motley Crue, their sound doesn't. Don't get me wrong; I like it, but MC it ain't.

-Dan

Be forewarned though, while their look screams '80s Motley Crue, their sound doesn't. Don't get me wrong; I like it, but MC it ain't.

-Dan

Yeah, heard that song and melikes.

This band SUCK. Avenged Sevenfold, my arse. They don't even have 50% of the talent of those guys (though the lead-guitars are decent). Their first album was truly horrible and the production was lifeless, and the vocals are a total embarrassment. You guys that loved the Hair Metal stuff might enjoy some parts of it but I thought it was like a bunch of freaky schoolkids with zero talent raiding their mum's make-up drawer and chucking out some weak-as-piss songs.

Nb: Saw them last weekend live at Download and they were better live than on record.

This band SUCK. Avenged Sevenfold, my arse. They don't even have 50% of the talent of those guys (though the lead-guitars are decent). Their first album was truly horrible and the production was lifeless, and the vocals are a total embarrassment. You guys that loved the Hair Metal stuff might enjoy some parts of it but I thought it was like a bunch of freaky schoolkids with zero talent raiding their mum's make-up drawer and chucking out some weak-as-piss songs.

Nb: Saw them last weekend live at Download and they were better live than on record.

lol, another recommendation from Tim.....NOT!! ;-))

These guys have been all over the Kerrang channel everytime I turn it on (which isn't that often if i'm honest). Initially I I was just about to write them off as a bunch of Crue wannabees with the image etc, when the chorus of 'The Legacy' kicked in and my interest was peaked. I checked out the rest of the album and was quite pleasantly surprised, as there are some good songs spread throughout - good guitar player too. Not an album I will spend the full £'s on, but definitely worth a check out me thinks.

• 1 year later...

These guys got a new album coming out in January and while I wasn't too fond on their previous output (although I like all the songs in this topic), their new single sounds pretty damn good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtpOCbugylY

The difference between this band being really excellent and just good is pretty much up to the vocalist actually sounding like he cares. I really like the sound of this song and the vocals are possibly better than the last album, but I'm still not totally convinced. It is a very good tune... I truly hope the album delivers but I'm not sure it will with this vocalist. :(

Listening to that made my ears vomit. Not because I dislike the song - how can I tell if I do? But because of the sound quality. Is there two songs playing over each other? That truly sounds disgraceful. Sad thing is, I don't hear a half decent song amongst the rubble at all either. :(