BAD CITY - Welcome To The Wasteland

zacharyamelie

Koogles told me about these guys and I checked out the audio on Youtube. FUCK ME!!! The production is HUGE!!!

Check out this Queen style track

The first lead off single

The newest single

A tribute to Paul Stanley? Insane gang vocals on this one

Beauty closer, with a great solo.

The ballad!!!

For fans Of Crashdiet and Crazy Lixx with even bigger bubble gum pop rock sound.

SHIT ME!!! It keeps getting better

That ''Call Paul Stanley'' track is laying me to waste. One of the best tracks of the year, sick vocals and production. DAMN!!!!

My mistake - i shouldve talked about these earlier. I heard a few clips a few wks back and ordered the cd straight away! They have alot of influences.. but damn this rocks!!

Produced by the Smashing Pumpkins guy.. so you can hear a slight thing in there, but otherwise mix Queen, with Hinder, with Crazy Lixx..

There's another thread somewhere where I mention that 'Fire in the pouring rain' is my favourite song of the year. Overall, great disc with some cool lyrics and a great vibe. The ballad, though, just slays me. Stunning lyrical melodies...

These kids are doing just fine! I like it. Wish all 18-25 year olds played in bands like this the world would be a much better place...

Here is the video for "Take Me For A Ride"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEYhapqsb3I

Great stuff!

And the video for "Wildlife"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrKgeYUqg2Y

• 2 months later...

I just became aware of these kids and yeah their pretty good. Not as good as some of the bands their being compared to but I like all of the songs and it's a good thing that kids this ages are into this kind of MHR. Also the disc is only $9.99 over at Amazon so that's a good deal for a good disc.

I just became aware of these kids and yeah their pretty good. Not as good as some of the bands their being compared to but I like all of the songs and it's a good thing that kids this ages are into this kind of MHR. Also the disc is only $9.99 over at Amazon so that's a good deal for a good disc.

Yeah, I got it for $10 here in Australia too. Benefits of being signed to a major label with huge distribution, I guess? I diggit.

One thing I really must say about this one, is keep listening. It seems that it really does get better with each spin when these tracks sink in.

Ok, I will try to give this more spins as suggested above but my "First Spin Impression" = thumbs down

I didn't hear the Crazy Lixx in there at all...with more spins maybe I'll pick up on it but it is gonna take a heck of a second impression to get me to like this me thinks.

• 4 months later...

Just heard the two Japanese bonus tracks on youtube, great stuff. :headbanger:

Any suggestions on how to get a hold of these two tracks? I'm not buying the Japanese edition as I already own the poor man's version.

They're not available on iTunes either

You've got mail.

One of my favorite albums of the last couple years. In fact, there are only a couple tracks I don't really care for but the rest of the album is simply awesome, Especially "Take Me For A Ride", "Fire In The Pouring Rain", and "Call Pall Stanley". Definitely one band I'd love to see live and I hope they stick with the same style on the next album they release.

• 1 month later...

Well I should've known it was too good to last. This was posted on the bands facebook page last night...

A few astute fans noticed that our singer is different than last time we came around. Say hello to Alec! He's been slaying it on this KISS tour and taking BadCity to a new level. BC kicked out Josh because he had a very serious personal conflict with the rest of the band, and we had to let him go. But let's not rain on the parade, the KISS shows are off to a BLAZING start, and we can't wait to see you people!

Their debut was such a great album. Now they have to go and start over with a brand new lead singer. :(

Very good cd. Hopefully the new singer does not change the style.