The New Nelson Album

melodicrockoz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good sounding track from an upcoming release. Decreed, White Widdow and now Nelson...2010 came in with a bang (Reckless Love, Treat, Crazy Lixx, Crashdiet) and is ending with a boom.

I'm not suprised seeing a mixed bag of love and hate for Nelson. I bet ya, if they didn't have that really long platinum blond hair...the hair which gets Widda all excited inside, there would be more love for them. After The Rain was an AOR gem back in the day. In 1990, they were treated like boy band with all the teen girls reading mags with their pictures and wanting do them. At the same time the teen boys were spitting on those mags and wanting to kick their pretty boy asses.

I'm not suprised seeing a mixed bag of love and hate for Nelson. I bet ya, if they didn't have that really long platinum blond hair...the hair which gets Widda all excited inside, there would be more love for them. After The Rain was an AOR gem back in the day. In 1990, they were treated like boy band with all the teen girls reading mags with their pictures and wanting do them. At the same time the teen boys were spitting on those mags and wanting to kick their pretty boy asses.

very agreed, just a guess though, the haters are prob guys who wish they could grow thier hair to be like nelson instead of having hair like vanilla ice lol

Great band. 'After The Rain' was (and still is) excellent and I love 'Life' aswell, which was a criminally ignored album. If the new disc mixes stuff between these 2, i'll be very happy

Each to their own. My dislike of Nelson has nothing to do with their hair, I just can't stand the music. First impression of the song in this thread is that it's really weak. I like some AOR, but seem to remember Nelson being incredibly soft, almost a pop band.

Each to their own. My dislike of Nelson has nothing to do with their hair, I just can't stand the music. First impression of the song in this thread is that it's really weak. I like some AOR, but seem to remember Nelson being incredibly soft, almost a pop band.

That first disc was no more light than say Journey or Bad English and in some places rocked much more than those bands IMO.

And Imaginator was heavier, hence the record label temporarily shelving it and making the band record the lighter 'Because they can'.

As you say though, they really were not that much softer than most other AOR style bands, and were heavier than others.

Nelson, Winger and Trixter got a lot of shit back in the day, and it was mostly because of the bands image (or age in Trixters case) that people predjudged them. I bet a lot of people who used to complain about them back in the day either never heard them, or actually liked some of the stuff, but were too 'cool' to admit it.

For me 'After The Rain' is a masterful AOR album.

James, Im amazed you think this is lightweight, almost pop. Songs like 'Fill You Up' or 'Just Desire' rock like a bastard! Cant wait to see these guys at Firefest!

Cheers

I actually thought "Life" was their best album. They seemed to try to copy the acoustic-style of "After the Rain" with "Because They Can" and it worked pretty well, but "Life" was a more traditional AOR disc IMO and would rather see them follow that path.

imo (for what it's worth,... probably not much) it was stuff like nelson and trixter that spelt the end for hard rock on mainstream radio and tv. it light, it's fluffy, it's manufactured and it's way to clean. everything bands like motley crue aren't. they remind me of one the community church bands, or some manufactured boy band.

i'd take Trixter over Nelson though... as cheesy as their stuff is, it's catchy. in fact, you'll find some trixter on my shelves, but never any Nelson.

not saying they're not talented museos, just that they are the enemy of sleazy hard rock!

That first disc was no more light than say Journey or Bad English and in some places rocked much more than those bands IMO.

Everyone's already agreed anyway, but only because it's so true. I always compared Nelson to the very highly regarded Tyketto. Okay, maybe Tyketto rocked a little harder in places, but there are a few songs on each CD which are interchangeable, imo. Sadly for me they're all the fillers. :lol:

But yeah, like them or not Nelson are no more lightweight than most 80's melodic rock / AOR bands.