What albums do you keep meaning to buy...

Being a student with little money i'm constantly going to CD stores or shopping online and adding a myriad of albums to my basket (or in todays case, my arms :P) and having a bill of about £70 a time, having to narrow it down to about £20 I usually find myself ditching albums i've been meaning to get for awhile...bearing in mind we're in a recession and it would appear that few people are in a position to splash out on CD sprees (although it wouldnt surprise me if some of you prioritise that over the important things)

I'm sure im not the only one that has to make these hard decisions, what are the albums you guys keep meaning to purchase? for me it's gotta be Kings of Leon - Only By The Night, The Doors - The Doors and the Point Break and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas soundtracks....these albums always end up getting ditched because theres just so much stuff out there I want!!!

Case in point, today i found:

Metallica - Black Album

Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue

Michael Jackson - Bad

Kings of Leon - Only By The Night

Foreigner - Greatest Hits

Journey - Don't Stop Believin: the Very Best Of

Faith No More - The Ultimate Definitive Very Best Of

Aerosmith - Oh Yeah: Greatest Hits

W.A.S.P - W.A.S.P and The Last Command double CD set

after spending about an hour fondling said CDs (and annoying my less musically inclined lady friends in HMV xD) I ended up with Michael Jackson, Alice In Chains, Faith No More and Aerosmith....still not sure I made the best choice there :s

Anyone else? :)

Honestly mate, with options like that you'd be better off going online and trying your luck on ebay, or even Amazon in the UK is decent isn't it? I'm pretty sure a CD like Treat, Crazy Lixx or Crashdiet's newies would probably make you a hell of a lot happier than scraping the barrel with any of that crud. ;) Looks like a real tough selection there. Me, personally, I'd have bought lunch instead. :lol:

As for the thread, can't really answer this. I guess close to my whole want list is a list of CDs I keep putting off buying. Some I can get, but just don't want to spend that much money on them because: ( a ) I don't have it and ( b ) I will not spend more than about au$20 on a CD. :)

Honestly mate, with options like that you'd be better off going online and trying your luck on ebay, or even Amazon in the UK is decent isn't it? I'm pretty sure a CD like Treat, Crazy Lixx or Crashdiet's newies would probably make you a hell of a lot happier than scraping the barrel with any of that crud. ;) Looks like a real tough selection there. Me, personally, I'd have bought lunch instead. :lol:

As for the thread, can't really answer this. I guess close to my whole want list is a list of CDs I keep putting off buying. Some I can get, but just don't want to spend that much money on them because: ( a ) I don't have it and ( b ) I will not spend more than about au$20 on a CD. :)

Heh heh, while its not exactly the sorta stuff i was seeking out a couple of years ago its all stuff ive been interested in, just sorta skipped over when i started getting into the lessar known bands :P

A list as long as my di....arm basically, which is gradually being chipped away at as time goes on.

Any older releases like some of the ones you mention above, I always always go to Amazon and get them dirt cheap from various sellers there (very often for small change) - sometimes 2nd hand maybe, but generally always in very good condition, saving myself a packet, which I can invest in new releases, which geneally come pretty thick and fast (back to where we started from ;) )

I didn't own APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION on CD till about two months ago... had it on cassette for years and years but every time I had a CD copy in my hand thinking "maybe it's time to upgrade," I'd always find something else that I wanted more and I'd end up throwing it back thinking "next time."

Being a student with little money i'm constantly going to CD stores or shopping online and adding a myriad of albums to my basket (or in todays case, my arms :P) and having a bill of about £70 a time, having to narrow it down to about £20 I usually find myself ditching albums i've been meaning to get for awhile...bearing in mind we're in a recession and it would appear that few people are in a position to splash out on CD sprees (although it wouldnt surprise me if some of you prioritise that over the important things)

I'm sure im not the only one that has to make these hard decisions, what are the albums you guys keep meaning to purchase? for me it's gotta be Kings of Leon - Only By The Night, The Doors - The Doors and the Point Break and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas soundtracks....these albums always end up getting ditched because theres just so much stuff out there I want!!!

Case in point, today i found:

Metallica - Black Album

Alice In Chains - Black Gives Way To Blue

Michael Jackson - Bad

Kings of Leon - Only By The Night

Foreigner - Greatest Hits

Journey - Don't Stop Believin: the Very Best Of

Faith No More - The Ultimate Definitive Very Best Of

Aerosmith - Oh Yeah: Greatest Hits

W.A.S.P - W.A.S.P and The Last Command double CD set

after spending about an hour fondling said CDs (and annoying my less musically inclined lady friends in HMV xD) I ended up with Michael Jackson, Alice In Chains, Faith No More and Aerosmith....still not sure I made the best choice there :s

Anyone else? :)

That AIC is killer IMO and the Metallica is pretty much essential but how could you pass on that WASP? Great stuff IMO.

So many but to little money:

Reckless Love - S/T

Pretty Maids - Future World(had it on cassette and love it)

Pretty Maids - Red Hot and Heavy

Pretty Maids - Sin Decade(Had is recorded on a tape and love it)

Savatage - Power of Night

Kix - S/T

Kix - Cool Kids

Bombay Black - Mercy

Gamma Ray - Powerplant

WASP - Headless Cross(Have it on cdr and love it)

Keel - S/T(Have the mp3s and cassette but have been waiting on a remaster)

Stratovarius - Destiny

Junkyard - Sixes, Seven & Nines(have is on cassette)

Gotthard and Harem Scarem - Their entire catalog

I hope to have two releases within a week or so that I kept putting off getting for one reason or another. I have these release on both tape and LP but never got them on CD.

Marillion - "Misplaced Childhood"

Motorhead - "Ace Of Spades"

Another that I've had in hand on a couple of occasions and put back is G'N'R ~ "Lies". I'm sure at some point I will upgrade from my LP.

One that immediately comes to mind is Meatloaf - Bat Out Of Hell. I've had that disc in my hand and put it back more times than I can count.

I hope to have two releases within a week or so that I kept putting off getting for one reason or another. I have these release on both tape and LP but never got them on CD.

Another that I've had in hand on a couple of occasions and put back is G'N'R ~ "Lies". I'm sure at some point I will upgrade from my LP.

If your interested i have a copy of Ace Of Spades remaster up for trade.

Cds that i pass on are most of Queen and Iron Maiden as i have them on tape,cdr and mp3 files as well as Paranoid-Black Sabbath remaster that i need to replace my cdr copy but too many other cds grab my attention.These cds i can pick up now for $10 but i have a lack of funds because of so many living expenses and it's killing me.

If your interested i have a copy of Ace Of Spades remaster up for trade.

Thanks for the offer but I have a copy of both the Motorhead and Marillion disc on the way now. I decided when the chance came to get them this time I wouldn't pass on them. :beerbang:

The three that come to my mind are:

Reckless Love - Reckless Love

Ratt - Infestation

Scorpions - Sting In The Tail

Even after owning thousands, there are still at least hundreds of albums that I'd love to own one day though...

So many but to little money:

Reckless Love - S/T

Pretty Maids - Future World(had it on cassette and love it)

Pretty Maids - Red Hot and Heavy

Pretty Maids - Sin Decade(Had is recorded on a tape and love it)

Savatage - Power of Night

Kix - S/T

Kix - Cool Kids

Bombay Black - Mercy

Gamma Ray - Powerplant

Keel - S/T(Have the mp3s and cassette but have been waiting on a remaster)

Stratovarius - Destiny

Junkyard - Sixes, Seven & Nines(have is on cassette)

Gotthard and Harem Scarem - Their entire catalog

Rush - All remastered studio albums

Freight Trane Jane - Hallucination

Judas Priest - The other remastered titles I'm missing(Ram it Down, Painkiller, Unleashed in the East and Priest Live)

• 2 weeks later...

I keep meaning to get the Toronto albums on CD .... but I never get around to it (doesn't help that I have them on vinyl I guess), this month I swear I'll get at least one!

Thunder - Backstreet Symphony

Been in my Amazon Shopping Basket for at least a year, had it on tape years ago and need to get it one CD. Great album, but for some reason I just haven't made myself buy it yet.

I keep meaning to get the Toronto albums on CD .... but I never get around to it (doesn't help that I have them on vinyl I guess), this month I swear I'll get at least one!

Well.......just scored the 1st 3 albums (so my vinyl will get a rest now!), I'll get Girl's Night Out at a Later date I think

A couple of Uriah Heep ones and one day I want to also update from vinyl Ellen Foley "Night Out"

Did you mean W.A.S.P. - THE HEADLESS CHILDREN, or Black Sabbath's HEADLESS CROSS? :blink::D

Did you mean W.A.S.P. - THE HEADLESS CHILDREN, or Black Sabbath's HEADLESS CROSS? :blink::D

Haha. Not sure what happened there. I think that must of been the day I was loading a bunch of my Tony Martin era Sab discs into my Itunes so yeah I meant "Headless Children" not "Cross". :lol:

Or maybe it's a mix cd with the lyrics of the WASP disc mixed with the music of the Sabbath disc. :anon:

Well.......just scored the 1st 3 albums (so my vinyl will get a rest now!), I'll get Girl's Night Out at a Later date I think

I really need to pick up "Lookin For Trouble".....not sure about the other 3.....I have "Head On' on vinyl but I remember not liking it much....of course its been years since I listened to it....