The Scorpions Finally Got Stung!

metaltrekman

This is from the official Scorpions website:

Important Message to our Fans

It was always our pleasure, our purpose in life, our passion and we were fortunate enough to make music for you - whether it was live on stage or in the studio, creating new songs. While we were working on our album these past few months, we could literally feel how powerful and creative our work was – and how much fun we were still having, in the process. But there was also something else: We want to end the Scorpion’s extraordinary career on a high note. We are extremely grateful for the fact that we still have the same passion for music we’ve always had since the beginning. This is why, especially now, we agree we have reached the end of the road. We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years.

We want you, our fans, to be the first to know about this. Thank you for your never-ending support throughout the years! We uploaded the very first snippets from our new album for you.

And now… let’s get the party started and get ready for a “Sting in the Tail”!

See you on the world tour,

Yours

Scorpions

scorpionssting1.jpg The new CD is due to be released in March 2010.

Although they say it will be a couple years, its still sad news. An end to a real legendary Rock Band! :(

Whatever. They will continue to tour and make music. Just a lame attempt to bump sales of the new album and "Farewell" tour. I don't buy it. I will however buy the new album and take in the tour if they come anywhere close. Love the Scorpions. Great band.

If they do do it I reckon it'd be cool. I've continued to enjoy them, especially the last CD, but better to go out while the going's good rather than just deteriorate into crap. Looking forward to the new disc.

Not really news. How many times have Kiss, Harem Scarem, and Thunder quit, unquit, requit, etc.?

If they do actually hang it up and stay done, I would have the utmost respect for them.

All that said, it will be interested to hear the new album, because their last one was my CD of the Year for 2007.

-Dan

All bands have a lifes span, I understand Kiss's days are now looking numbered...... unless they replace someone in the band :(

The Scorpions quiting is indeed as I've enjoyed alot of their music.

They will be back maybe not in a year but they will be back !! Like someone said early it will sell a few extra copies of the new disc .........

Not really news. How many times have Kiss, Harem Scarem, and Thunder quit, unquit, requit, etc.?

The more times Thunder "unquit" the happier I become !!!!!!!!

I'm waiting for the next Thunder "unquit" big time :lol:

Would be nice if they toured here before they buggered off..

Totally backed :tumbsup:

They already said the tour will take a few years to complete.

We finish our career with an album we consider to be one of the best we have ever recorded and with a tour that will start in our home country Germany and take us to five different continents over the next few years.

• 2 months later...

I have to admit that Im not quite as overcome with glee as some are on this board...........

First off, 4 songs with the word rock in the title doesnt bode well....but I found myself quite liking Raised On Rock (despite the corny sambora styled whining....jees havent we heard enough of that sound??).....however the other three are cliche ridden garbage that I didnt even make it to the end of.............ho hum

As for the rest.

Well credit where credits due, 'The Good Die Young' has a decent chorus, but is ruined by the almost spoken verses and the guys strong accent (a problem ive always had with the Scorps).

'No Limit' is a good tune with a nice solo.....as is 'Turn You On' which was by far the highlight for me...decent paced tune with a great verses and a killer solo.

The 2 ballads are nice ehough as well, if a little too laid back for me.....the end of Sly is nice though with a good vocal.

Overall I quite like it but there are just so many better releases around at the moment that Im not sure this will get too many repeat spins.

Cheers

Totally agree, Glen. I heard the MP3's and it was enough for me to fork out the au$13.95 for the Aussie pre-order, but I'd be totally lying if I said I was blown away at all. As I was saying in another thread, it picks up where 'Crazy World' left off, but back in 1990 'Crazy World' was a pretty average CD, and by today's standards, as you say, there are a lot of better CDs out at the moment too. I don't think this one is as good as 'Humanity Hour', or 'Face the heat' from back in 1993. And like you say, the ballads everyone rates so highly were just bland to me. I am looking forward to getting the real thing (hopefully early this week) where I'll give it some good proper spins to get a well-versed opinion on it.

Sure it's a good solid rock album, but it definitely reminds me why as much as I like the Scorpions, they were only ever a midde-of-the-pack kind of band to me.

'The Good Die Young' has a decent chorus, but is ruined by the almost spoken verses and the guys strong accent (a problem ive always had with the Scorps).

Totally backed !! I've heard/seen this song in a show on TV two nights ago. Man, that was bad !! You would think that after 40 years (!!) in business this Klaus Meine would be able to sing without an accent ! Hey, and this is coming from a German ...!

I never was a big fan of the Scorps - probably for this reason - and the only release I ever thought was great is "Humanity Hour 1".

I love this new album.

In my opinion It is much better than Humanity hour(sure not one of my favs Scorpions Cd).

I hope they were lying when they said It's their last album

Like Kiss and Ozzy It's better if It's only a commercial idea

I was interested to read in the booklet that Anders Wikstrom helped write 'Lorelei' and 'The best is yet to come.'

Fave tracks so far are 'No Limit' and 'Turn you on.'

I really like this new disc.

It's not my fav from the band but it's a solid Hard Rock album to go out on, that is if they really do retire. I don't think this is a great disc but it is very good and there really isn't any songs I don't like.