TREAT - COUP DE GRACE

rockdoc

Just for the record, have you guys heard the amazing Jaded Heart bonus track 'Under the skies of Africa'? I think it's a 'IV' bonus track. Anyway, that's what 'Skies of Mongolia' reminds me of. Both songs are freakin' superb and I like the lyrics a lot in both. Nothing wrong with being a little exotic. ;)

Come on Geoff, it's OK to admit that Coup De Grace gives you an erection every time you play with it...I mean play it.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the record, have you guys heard the amazing Jaded Heart bonus track 'Under the skies of Africa'? I think it's a 'IV' bonus track. Anyway, that's what 'Skies of Mongolia' reminds me of. Both songs are freakin' superb and I like the lyrics a lot in both. Nothing wrong with being a little exotic. ;)

Come on Geoff, it's OK to admit that Coup De Grace gives you an erection every time you play with it...I mean play it.

It certainly does and I'd never for a moment deny it. :)

Yes I have that song. The single best song that band ever wrote...

Ok, Im gonna get some shit for this :anon: But this CD doesnt excite me. At All!! Im sorry it just doesnt. I mean its good music, dont get me wrong. I do love melodic rock. But Im more excited about the harder stuff like Pretty Maids or Masterplan :banger:

Like GlamJunkie prefers his glam, I just prefer harder Rock & Metal. I have several Treat CDs. Like I said I do like them, just not as much as you guys. Thats for sure! :D LOL And of the Treat Cds I do have I prefer the one with Mats Leven singing over ALL the others. ;)

So Id never say this one is MY CD of the year. Nope not even a close 10th place. :whistle:;) LOL

Still waiting for the Japan release of this. All my TREAT discs are Japan pressings, I just can't break the streak.

Just found out it doesn't get released until June...brutal.

I think it's time to break the streak.

Still waiting for the Japan release of this. All my TREAT discs are Japan pressings, I just can't break the streak.

Just found out it doesn't get released until June...brutal.

I think it's time to break the streak.

I know, but I hate to buy it twice.

Ok, Im gonna get some shit for this :anon: But this CD doesnt excite me. At All!! Im sorry it just doesnt. I mean its good music, dont get me wrong. I do love melodic rock. But Im more excited about the harder stuff like Pretty Maids or Masterplan :banger:

Like GlamJunkie prefers his glam, I just prefer harder Rock & Metal. I have several Treat CDs. Like I said I do like them, just not as much as you guys. Thats for sure! :D LOL And of the Treat Cds I do have I prefer the one with Mats Leven singing over ALL the others. ;)

So Id never say this one is MY CD of the year. Nope not even a close 10th place. :whistle:;) LOL

A fellow Treat doubter!

I just think lot of you hear something I don't with this band. I will be downloading the track many reviewers agree is the standout, 'We Own The Night', as it does sound good. The others bits and pieces have heard don't work for me though. Just not a band I can get into. Bring on Crashdiet and H.E.A.T.

This is a good cd IMO and has many great songs but overall it's not as good as I was expecting with all the hype and the 100/100 over at Melodicrock.com. Like the WET maybe that score got my expectations to high. I have found the WET much better on repeated spins and so far prefer that disc to the Treat but as I said I do like the Treat disc a lot but I've heard better this year but then again I'm not the biggest AOR fan in the world either.

This is a good cd IMO and has many great songs but overall it's not as good as I was expecting with all the hype and the 100/100 over at Melodicrock.com. Like the WET maybe that score got my expectations to high. I have found the WET much better on repeated spins and so far prefer that disc to the Treat but as I said I do like the Treat disc a lot but I've heard better this year but then again I'm not the biggest AOR fan in the world either.

Nor I, but this is hardly AOR, cousin.

I also have to retract my comments about 'Heaven can wait.' I was spinning the CD on the weekend and found myself really enjoying that song. Definitely NOT a filler like I said, just a grower. I like it. More than 'Breathless,' perhaps.

And yeah, Tim, I agree no doubt that 'Under the skies of Africa' is one of Jaded Heart's best songs ever.

A fellow Treat doubter!

I just think lot of you hear something I don't with this band. I will be downloading the track many reviewers agree is the standout, 'We Own The Night', as it does sound good. The others bits and pieces have heard don't work for me though. Just not a band I can get into. Bring on Crashdiet and H.E.A.T.

Wow... a ground swell of rebellion against the dictatorhsip that is Treat.

Maybe the 3 of us could stage a coup to oust Treat from it's ruling seat.

Not likely. In fact, after listening to the CD again at work today, I've decided to simply cut to the chase and permanently ban anyone who doesn't love this disc.

Well, ok maybe that's a bit harsh, but dang how can you not love this CD? It keeps growing on me the more I listen to it, and I loved the blasted thing to begin with!

-Dan

Not likely. In fact, after listening to the CD again at work today, I've decided to simply cut to the chase and permanently ban anyone who doesn't love this disc.

Well, ok maybe that's a bit harsh, but dang how can you not love this CD? It keeps growing on me the more I listen to it, and I loved the blasted thing to begin with!

-Dan

backed...Crashdiet is quite bland in comparison. A good rocking album with nice riffs, but the songs arent that memorable. A grower.

But Treat is a classic.

-Dan

Backed, it's not far from being flawless IMHO. I've even started to like that "I'm Not Runnin'" song that you Backstreet Boys fans love. :P

-Dan

Backed, it's not far from being flawless IMHO. I've even started to like that "I'm Not Runnin'" song that you Backstreet Boys fans love. :P

Its Not Over you mean ;-)

-Dan

:lol: Nice plan. I like it. Bye, Lindsay, we'll keep in contact via email. ;)

Seriously, though, I fully agree. Everytime I spin it I love it more, and the couple of tracks I thought were weaker are all becoming more enjoyable to me too. Splendid CD!

Bit of a dilemma for me. I don't like Treat at all and don't get what the fuss is about. I got rid of 'Weapons of Choice' pretty sharpish as I only liked about 3 tracks on the whole thing. Thing is, I've been listening to the samples on HH and like quite a few tracks on this one. Not sure whether to stick to my guns or go against my instincts and pick it up. (Nothing to do with my impending ban, Dan) I genuinely think 'The War Is Over', 'All In', 'Roar', 'We Own The Night' and 'Breathless' sound really good. I think I need a drink...

I finished my 3rd spin today and it's growing on me. I really like it but don't put it on the pedestal that everyone else does but I do think it's a very good disc. Here's how I rate the songs:

1. We Own the Night

2. Paper Tiger

3. Skies of Mongolia

4. The War is Over

5. Breathless

6. Heaven Can Wait

7. All For Love

8. No Way Without You

9. I'm Not Runnin'

10. Roar

11. A Life to Die For(I don't hate this ballad but for some reason it reminds me of the boybands like Backstreet Boys)

12. Tangled Up

13. All In

14. Prelude: Coup De Grace

If you insist. I'd rank them like this:

1. We Own the Night

2. Paper Tiger

3. All For Love

4. Skies of Mongolia

5. A Life to Die For

6. No Way Without You

7. The War is Over

8. Tangled Up

9. All In

10. Roar

11. I'm Not Runnin'

12. Heaven Can Wait

13. Breathless

1. We Own the Night

2. Paper Tiger

3. All For Love

4. Skies of Mongolia

5. A Life to Die For

6. No Way Without You

7. The War is Over

8. Tangled Up

9. All In

10. Roar

11. I'm Not Runnin'

12. Heaven Can Wait

13. Breathless

Why bother? They are all magic, other than the filler prelude.

1. We Own the Night

2. Paper Tiger

3. All For Love

4. Skies of Mongolia

5. A Life to Die For

6. No Way Without You

7. The War is Over

8. Tangled Up

9. All In

10. Roar

11. I'm Not Runnin'

12. Heaven Can Wait

13. Breathless

"Heaven Can Wait" and "Breathless" should be higher and "All In" is a song that I haven't been able to get into yet.

1. We Own the Night

2. Paper Tiger

3. All For Love

4. Skies of Mongolia

5. A Life to Die For

6. No Way Without You

7. The War is Over

8. Tangled Up

9. All In

10. Roar

11. I'm Not Runnin'

12. Heaven Can Wait

13. Breathless

"Heaven Can Wait" and "Breathless" should be higher and "All In" is a song that I haven't been able to get into yet.

Yeah, I agree. Those 2 should be higher... if I were listing the tracks from weakest to best.

1. We Own the Night

2. Paper Tiger

3. All For Love

4. Skies of Mongolia

5. A Life to Die For

6. No Way Without You

7. The War is Over

8. Tangled Up

9. All In

10. Roar

11. I'm Not Runnin'

12. Heaven Can Wait

13. Breathless

Yeah, I agree. Those 2 should be higher... if I were listing the tracks from weakest to best.

"All In" should be at the bottom IMO. "Tangled Up" is also a weaker tune, but "Heaven Can Wait" and "Breathless" would've been right near the top of my list. Fave song still has to be "A Life To Die For"...

Well one thing's for sure, we are all in agreement on Nos 1 & 14 ;-) (except Tim...I though you didnt like sappy BSBs type ballads??)

Everything else in between is pretty damned good too........