TREAT - COUP DE GRACE

rockdoc

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Treat's new CD release date March 19 2010 on Frontiers . No song titles from what I have seen yet !! Should be great !!

Huh, where have I been? This is the first I've heard of this. Saaweeeeet! Who's doing lead vox, anybody know?

Treat's new CD release date March 19 2010 on Frontiers . No song titles from what I have seen yet !! Should be great !!

Huh, where have I been? This is the first I've heard of this. Saaweeeeet! Who's doing lead vox, anybody know?

I believe it is ROBERT ERNLUND ....

I believe it is ROBERT ERNLUND ....

Yes it's Robert the original singer.

This has been in the making for over a year I believe.

• My Little Pony
Treat played a unheard song at this years Firefest which I assume will be on their new album. The song I thought sounded like it was from 2nd half of Scratch n' Bite, in other words, good but no where near as great as Treat songs have known to be.

Hey! Scratch n' Bite is a great album. So long as they retain who they are, I so no reason to complain.

And, yeah, 2010 is gonna beat the shit outta '09!

Treat played a unheard song at this years Firefest which I assume will be on their new album. The song I thought sounded like it was from 2nd half of Scratch n' Bite, in other words, good but no where near as great as Treat songs have known to be.

Hey! Scratch n' Bite is a great album. So long as they retain who they are, I so no reason to complain.

SnB sure is a great album but I find pales in comparison to the rest of Treat's work.

To me that album was about Treat finding their own sound, defining who they are.

March? :( Man they're making us wait for this thing! :lol: Easily my most anticipated album for 2010... easily.

totally agree, It's two year at least that this new album should be out.

It's better wait long time and have something worth to wait, that wait little time and have nothing worth.

With Treat we are sure they always deliver good music.

SnB sure is a great album but I find pales in comparison to the rest of Treat's work.

To me that album was about Treat finding their own sound, defining who they are.

Backed, Scratch and bite is good enough but nothing so special. the other albums are all masterpieces

• My Little Pony

Backed, Scratch and bite is good enough but nothing so special. the other albums are all masterpieces

But, are you saying, if the new album is 'merely' Scratch n Bite quality, you won't be excited?

But, are you saying, if the new album is 'merely' Scratch n Bite quality, you won't be excited?

dont get me wrong, the thought of any new treat album excites me :beerbang::christmas::tumbsup:

dont get me wrong, the thought of any new treat album excites me :beerbang::christmas::tumbsup:

I'm sure It will be better (Go and I burn for you were so damn good),

Ok I agree with melodicrockoz.

Mmmm i really hope this one survives the hype.

& as for any comments about 2010 smashin 2009.......I do hope so, as my top 10 MHR for year end is looking pretty damned awesome i must admit.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Firstly - 14 tracks (well, 15 including prelude)! WOW!!! That is awesome

Secondly:

'Paper Tiger' ; sounds awesome. The lyrics are crazy odd, but killer song anyway.

'Roar' ; reminds me of the killer new tracks from 'Weapons of choice'. Love it.

'A life to die for' ; beautiful ballad. Love this one too. :)

'We own the night' ; Wowser... a song recorded especially for me. How nice. Absolutely bliss. Bet this will be one of my faves off the disc.

Overall, doesn't sound like we have anything to worry about here. Four great tracks, killer production - and balls! Good hard rocking songs which is positive. All sounds exactly how I'd want a new Treat album to sound.

I have to admit I've been a little underwhelmed by the new Stage Dolls and Wig Wam CDs, so looking forward to this one to get the year on track.

Oh, and if anyone sees well priced pre-order options for this come up, please do share. :)

This to me is already the album of 2010 :):beerbang:

I'm hoping so bad this tops my list at the end of the year. Those 4 songs are definitely better than anything I've heard this year, that's for sure.

I also kind of like the cover.

http://www.nehrecords.com/SHOP/TreatCoup.htm

Hmmm, might have to get used to that. :lol:

Anyway, what's up with the track list:

3. All In, Paper Tiger

4. Roar; A Life To Die For

Is this the name of 4 different songs? Are there 14 tracks overall on the CD?