TREAT - COUP DE GRACE

rockdoc

Yeah, my obvious bias aside, I think this is an excellent CD. Excellent level of musicianship, good variation in songs, good hooks, great production. To each their own, but even if I wasn't a fan of the type of music I'm pretty sure I'd have to admit this is a pretty awesome CD.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

& ISNT THE BONUS TRACK ON THE JAPANESE PRESSING "Turn The Dial" JUST ROCKING!!!! :beerbang:

that it is............

Give it to me please.

Oh yeah this rocks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzgES2kpFT4

Who can send this to me? PLEASE!

& ISNT THE BONUS TRACK ON THE JAPANESE PRESSING "Turn The Dial" JUST ROCKING!!!! :beerbang:

that it is............

Give it to me please.

Oh yeah this rocks!

Not sure where I have this MP3, but I have it somewhere as this is one of the most played songs on my Ipod - love it. Smokes a lot of what was on the CD (all of which I love anyway). If no one else can help you out shoot me your email address and I'll hunt this mofo down.

Excerpt from Blackadder script:

Edmund: Look, there's no need to panic. Someone in the crew will know how to steer this thing.

Captain Rum: The crew, milord?

Edmund: Yes, the crew.

Captain Rum: What crew?

Edmund: I was under the impression that it was common maritime practice for a ship to have a crew.

Captain Rum: Opinion is divided on the subject.

Edmund: Oh, really?

Captain Rum: Yahs. All the other captains say it is; I say it isn't.

This seems strangely appropriate. Replace Captain Rum with me, 'having a crew' with 'liking Treat' and 'all the other captains' with 'everyone else on HH...

:whistle:

Classic quote mate - love me a bit of Blackadder.

Hate to say it, but Treat were pretty weak live :-(

That said, Coup De Grace is a great album, and by far their finest moment IMO.

Classic quote mate - love me a bit of Blackadder.

Hate to say it, but Treat were pretty weak live :-(

That said, Coup De Grace is a great album, and by far their finest moment IMO.

Agree, their best work for sure! My # 2 of 2010.

that it is............

Give it to me please.

Oh yeah this rocks!

Not sure where I have this MP3, but I have it somewhere as this is one of the most played songs on my Ipod - love it. Smokes a lot of what was on the CD (all of which I love anyway). If no one else can help you out shoot me your email address and I'll hunt this mofo down.

How the hell could they exclude this track from the standard release? Probably the best track!

• My Little Pony

that it is............

Give it to me please.

Oh yeah this rocks!

How the hell could they exclude this track from the standard release? Probably the best track!

C'mon guys. Really? Great track--no doubt--but not the best.

that it is............

Give it to me please.

Oh yeah this rocks!

C'mon guys. Really? Great track--no doubt--but not the best.

Agree, great track but not the best on this awesome album. Maybe 4th-5th favorite track.

Story with most bonus tracks - always seem to be great and you are left scratching your head why they werent included?!

The 2 HEAT bonus tracks this year are prime examples.

Story with most bonus tracks - always seem to be great and you are left scratching your head why they werent included?!

The 2 HEAT bonus tracks this year are prime examples.

Agree

• 5 weeks later...

Dammit, this news just in from their FB-page:

Swedish melodic rock legends Treat is celebrating their 30th anniversary in 2013 and now announces some mouthwatering news for all their fans.

Treat releases a special 30th anniversary edition package, containg a best of-album with two brand new songs and two previously unreleased songs, and their latest album “Coup de Grace”, regarded as a masterpiece by Classic Rock Magazine and voted “Melodic rock album of the year 2010” with an extra track.

Treat also plans a big tour, that kicks off with some major festival gigs in the summer, and sees them rockin´on the road in to the autumn.

Then it´s over.

For good.

”We have a saying in Sweden: You should always leave the party when you have the most fun”, says guitarist and songwriter Anders Wikström who formed the band back in 1983 together with singer Robert Ernlund.

Say what? Treat is breaking up!

Treat has never been a more tight knit rock’n’roll unit than now, and the band is brimming with creativity and excitement. That´s why the band now chooses to call it a day; they want to, as they put it, ”end on a high note”.

”We´re doin’ it out of love and respect for our fans”, Anders Wikström says. ”We quit before they ask us to get the hell out. We want Treat´s legacy to be pure rock´n´roll happiness!”

The decision to close down operation is most amicable, and kind of grew upon the five in the band, but when the decision was made, the band almost immediately started making plans for the farewell party next year.

”We´re going out with a bang and will give our fans a ride they didn´t even knew they wanted.”, says Anders Wikström.

Treat, who released their classic debut album ”Scratch and Bite” back in 1985, now also introduces the new bass player Fredrik Thomander, who’s for years been close to The Band Of Brothers that Treat are: Fredrik has been co-writing songs with the band, mixed ”Coup de Grace” and has already done some gigs as a Treat Brother.

Anders Wikström (guitar and vocals), Robert Ernlund (lead vocals), Jamie Borger (drums), Patrick Appelgren (keyboards and vocals) and Fredrik Thomander (bass and vocals) take Sweden on a turbo charged rock´n´roll journey in 2013.

There’s many ways to say goodbye.

”We wanna party with our fans”, says Robert Ernlund and adds: "The Treat´s on us"

Oh man, what a bummer. I thought people were already speaking of a new album all but wrapped up? :(

I'm confused about the best of too. What was 'Weapons of Choice?' Was that an official release? And will the unreleased songs be two that were already included on that?

Anyway, what a downer. Sounds like by the end of it all I'll just have a nice extra Treat album on my Ipod, with these bonus tracks, the 'Weapons of Choice' bonus tracks and 'Turn the dail.' Man, what a shame, even if I can't really blame them for their logic. I personally still think they had plenty of great songs in them, though, and weren't in danger of damaging their legacy if they maintained the quality of the excellent 'Coup De Grace.'

Oh man, what a bummer. I thought people were already speaking of a new album all but wrapped up? :(

I'm confused about the best of too. What was 'Weapons of Choice?' Was that an official release? And will the unreleased songs be two that were already included on that?

Anyway, what a downer. Sounds like by the end of it all I'll just have a nice extra Treat album on my Ipod, with these bonus tracks, the 'Weapons of Choice' bonus tracks and 'Turn the dail.' Man, what a shame, even if I can't really blame them for their logic. I personally still think they had plenty of great songs in them, though, and weren't in danger of damaging their legacy if they maintained the quality of the excellent 'Coup De Grace.'

Yes, shitty news!

No offense as I'm a fan, and have been since the 80's, but Treat doesn't really have a legacy to protect, do they?

I mean we (on this site) love them, and I'm sure they were big in Scandinavia back in the day, but they're not Def Leppard (for instance). I mean they didn't have vids in constant rotation on MTV, they didn't grace the covers of Circus or Hit Parader Magazines, and I never heard Dick Clark talk about them :) Again, not saying they weren't (aren't) great, but the legacy thing is a bit of a stretch in my opinion.

Now, wanting to go out on top... that's a cool gesture I suppose. I mean COUP really was (is) fantastic and I NEVER imagined Treat would come back so strong... and I don't think I'm alone with that assumption....but they certainly proved me wrong!

Sad we won't have the opportunity to hear another full-length, new album.

Bizarre....although I was only into Treat up to around Organized Crime ... it only seems like yesterday when I picked up Too Wild 12" by them in my local record shop. It came in a plain white sleeve with a Treat sticker on it, I thought it was some indie release, but when I got it home and opened it up it was on the Mercury label - Scratch and Bite came out a few months later...my fave Treat album (still got that one and Pleasure Principle) ....where does the flippin time go!