Tiger Woods Injured In Crash

T-BONE

Interesting...

Tiger Woods: Speculation rampant as crash questions persist

Tiger Woods' car crash was still a big story this morning.

"There are a lot of questions we don't have answers for," CNN's Susan Candiotti said. And that has left a lot of room for speculation in the blogosphere and on the air. One question: Would he appear at a charity golf tournament next week?

Inga Hammond of Golf Channel told CNN that she had not talked to the golfer and that he had "circled the wagons with his family and his friends and his advisers" after the accident. Hammond said we could learn more Tuesday, when Woods has a news conference scheduled for his Chevron World Challenge tournament in Thousand Oaks, Calif.

"Everyone needs to give Tiger Woods the benefit of the doubt in this situation," Hammond said. "He's not one of those athletes who has been in trouble before either with the law or his sport. He's really been a model citizen."

Still, he makes headlines at whatever he's doing.On early Friday morning, Woods hit a fire hydrant at the end of his driveway in Isleworth, then a tree in a neighbor's yard.

Candiotti noted that the Florida Highway Patrol hadn't had a chance to talk to him at the accident scene (he had gone to the hospital) or later at his home (his wife said he was asleep). They plan to talk to him this afternoon. The patrol's report said alcohol was not a factor in the crash.

His representative says Woods is in good condition. But there were troubling reports about his state after the accident.

"Police say when that they got there ... that he was lying on the ground and his wife was hovering over him," Candiotti said. "They described her as being frantic. They described his injuries as having a lot of cuts on his lips and some blood in his mouth." When they asked Woods questions, he was "mainly incoherent, seeming to slip in and out of consciousness," Candiotti said.

Anchor T.J. Holmes wanted to know what Woods was doing out so early Friday morning or where he was going. "We don't know the answer to that," Candiotti said. She said the police chief said there was no indication of domestic problems before the crash.

Holmes wanted to know more about Woods' wife, Elin Nordegren Woods, taking a golf club to the damaged vehicle to get him out. Candiotti said that Elin bashed the rear window. "The front window of the car was not damaged, so it's unclear to us how he got the cuts on his lip and the blood inside his mouth," Candiotti said.

So there was more room for speculation.

Golf Channel's Hammond noted that Elin doesn't talk to the press.

Without her comments, there was room for more speculation.

What of possible marital problems?

"There have been no public signs whatsoever," Hammond said. "I just think any young married couple with kids that are that young will have disagreements and when they have them it's usually at night."

Hammond added that Woods is known for sleeping four to five hours a night and that he often works out early in the morning.

WFTV-Channel 9 talked to golfer Chris DiMarco about what had happened to Woods. "Everybody thinks about what would get them out of their house at 2:30 in the morning," DiMarco said. "Obviously, 2:30 in the morning, nothing good is going to happen anyway. So I can only speculate. I don't think I've ever left my driveway at 2:30 in the morning. Even if it's a fight or whatever, there's a couch."

Speculate -- that's basically all people can do on this story.

I saw this story yesterday when I was home for lunch.

It makes you wonder what the hell he was doing that late and how the hell he hit a fire hydrant in the first place.

I can only speculate that him and the mrs. got into a fight over something stupid and he drove away pissed off and lost control.

Sounds like an odd story.. but seriously give the guy a break. I love how they are questioning what he was doing out at that time... WHO CARES! Its none of anyones business. It doesnt matter what time of day someone goes for a drive, they shouldnt have to tell the media.... "Oh hi tv guy, is it ok i just pop down and get a coke from 7/11... just need to have a thinking drive.."

This also kinda reminds me of Sachin Tendulkar (spelling?)...Indian cricket star, who can only go for drives in the early hours of the morning otherwise hes mobbed by fans...

Tiger just blew off the cops for an interview again today for the third time. Pretty soon, they'll just arrest him for interferring with an ongoing investigation. What makes these celebrities always think they're above the law?

I notice this morning he's complaining about all the rumours circulating. Well that's what happens when you don't tell anyone anything (including the police) - everyone speculates. I have zero sympathy for these celebs who get all the attention when they want it & then complain when everyone's interested in their private life....

Tiger just blew off the cops for an interview again today for the third time. Pretty soon, they'll just arrest him for interferring with an ongoing investigation. What makes these celebrities always think they're above the law?

it was a one car accident on private property, by law he is not required to say anything. now I hear the police are trying to get a search warrant???? this is quickly getting out of hand and becoming a witch hunt.

Yeah, I don't really get the big deal either. Why does anyone feel he needs to answer to them? Leave the dood alone to make love to his sexy Swedish wife and sexier Aussie mistress.

Elin & Tiger Woods walked into a dentist's office.

Elin says to the dentist, " Doc , we're in a heck of a hurry. We have

two friends sitting out in the car waiting for us to go play golf, so forget about the anesthetic. I don't have time for the gums to get numb.. I just want you to pull the tooth, and be done with it! We have a 10:00 AM tee time at the best golf course in town and it's 9:30 already. I just don't have time to wait for the anesthetic to work!'

The dentist thought to himself, "My goodness, this is surely a very brave young lady asking to have a tooth pulled without using anything to kill the pain.

So the dentist asks, "Which tooth is it?"

Elin turns to Tiger and says, "Go ahead, open your mouth honey, and show him!"

Tiger Woods has made an official announcement on his website that after this weeks events, he's changing his name to "Cheetah Woods"

Who gives a fuck!! There's more important things in the World.

Exactly.

I feel sorry for the wife but in my jaded and bitter view of the world I just look at it in a way that she probably wasn't providing what her husband needed so he got it elsewhere. It's not how I roll and it's not how a lot of dudes roll, but I'm way past the point in life where I'd look down on someone who does roll this way. Just let the dude do what he wants and it's no business of ours.

Fuck golf..........boring fuckin' sport to watch and a frustrating shit of a game to play...no wonder he wanted to whack his balls into another hole :whistle:

When we played golf after work many years ago with the boys, the rules were we would play nine holes and it was a can per hole :chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug::chug: .....nothing like having an esky strapped to your buggy :lol:

Fire crackers were another thing used on several occassions to throw at your playing partners during the game !!!!!!!

Now imagine the US Masters played with those rules......John Daly would be a certainty to win if that was the case :lol:

Who gives a fuck!! There's more important things in the World.

Exactly.

I feel sorry for the wife but in my jaded and bitter view of the world I just look at it in a way that she probably wasn't providing what her husband needed so he got it elsewhere. It's not how I roll and it's not how a lot of dudes roll, but I'm way past the point in life where I'd look down on someone who does roll this way. Just let the dude do what he wants and it's no business of ours.

Backed.

Tiger Woods back in the hospital...

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/vid...cident/1182383/

"Help me"

"I'm scared"

"She is so strong"

:rofl2: