New Ratt album

Leykis101

The new album 'Infestation' should be out in March. The first single 'Best Of Me' sounds very promising based on the short clip I heard. A world tour as well? Hopefully they come back to Australia.

610dKNgjukL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

backed!

The last time they played Melbourne with Winger in support, Ratt rocked the house! :beerbang:

Wanted to go to this one but was not cashed up enough :crying: .I'm excited about the new album and will buy it and i also liked the last album.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Blabbermouth:

Californian rockers RATT have set "Infestation" as the title of their new album, due in March 2010 via Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records. The band's first studio CD in 10 years was produced by Michael "Elvis" Baskette, whose credits include PUDDLE OF MUDD, CHEVELLE, SALIVA, LIMP BIZKIT, ALTER BRIDGE and THREE DAYS GRACE, to name a few. The effort — which has been described by singer Stephen Pearcy as a cross between 1984's "Out Of The Cellar" and 1985's "Invasion Of Your Privacy" — marked the first time the group had stepped outside of Los Angeles to track a new CD in 20-plus years.

Talk about an oxymoron... NO CHANCE the dude who produced Puddle Of Mud and Saliva is up to producing a combo between Out Of The Cellar and Invasion. This is nothing more than a marketing gimmick from Pearcy to push his project tot he Ratt-hangers-on (like me).

Just tell us the truth, Stephen, you, like Jon Bon Jovi, are un-interested in your 80's roots. It's okay, I have Out Of The Cellar and can spin it anytime I want. Just don't package a piece of shit in a tuxedo and try to pass it off as anything more than that.

Obviously I have little to no faith this one will be worth the price of a free download onto a cheap CD-R. On the other hand, I, perhaps more than anyone on this site, hope to be proven 100% wrong. Unfortunately, other than Def Leppard's Euphoria my batting average is pretty darn good... which is actually sucks!

Sounds like a cross between the Reach For The Sky and Detonator albums, which isn't bad at all

From Blabbermouth:

Californian rockers RATT have set "Infestation" as the title of their new album, due in March 2010 via Loud & Proud/Roadrunner Records. The band's first studio CD in 10 years was produced by Michael "Elvis" Baskette, whose credits include PUDDLE OF MUDD, CHEVELLE, SALIVA, LIMP BIZKIT, ALTER BRIDGE and THREE DAYS GRACE, to name a few. The effort — which has been described by singer Stephen Pearcy as a cross between 1984's "Out Of The Cellar" and 1985's "Invasion Of Your Privacy" — marked the first time the group had stepped outside of Los Angeles to track a new CD in 20-plus years.

Talk about an oxymoron... NO CHANCE the dude who produced Puddle Of Mud and Saliva is up to producing a combo between Out Of The Cellar and Invasion. This is nothing more than a marketing gimmick from Pearcy to push his project tot he Ratt-hangers-on (like me).

Just tell us the truth, Stephen, you, like Jon Bon Jovi, are un-interested in your 80's roots. It's okay, I have Out Of The Cellar and can spin it anytime I want. Just don't package a piece of shit in a tuxedo and try to pass it off as anything more than that.

Obviously I have little to no faith this one will be worth the price of a free download onto a cheap CD-R. On the other hand, I, perhaps more than anyone on this site, hope to be proven 100% wrong. Unfortunately, other than Def Leppard's Euphoria my batting average is pretty darn good... which is actually sucks!

Wow mate, that's extremely harsh without having heard the thing yet. Ratt never has and hopefully never will have anything in common with any of those bands musically, and just because a producer has produced those bands there's no reason for him to make Ratt sound like them too. I'd like to think that after being in the game for as long as they have, Ratt will sound how they want to sound. I have to admit, that even though all those bands suck, all their albums are very well produced (it's the bands who write the bad songs - not the producer), so if anything I'm happy Ratt have a good producer on board and this album will at least sound excellent. Now it's up to Ratt to write the good tunes.

If what Ty says is right, I'm amazingly excited. Based on their recent live gig in Sydney I thought they'd opt for the fast paced less melodic route, but a cross between 'Reach for the sky' and my favourite Ratt album, 'Detonator', sounds like magic to me.

From Blabbermouth:

Wow mate, that's extremely harsh without having heard the thing yet. Ratt never has and hopefully never will have anything in common with any of those bands musically, and just because a producer has produced those bands there's no reason for him to make Ratt sound like them too. I'd like to think that after being in the game for as long as they have, Ratt will sound how they want to sound. I have to admit, that even though all those bands suck, all their albums are very well produced (it's the bands who write the bad songs - not the producer), so if anything I'm happy Ratt have a good producer on board and this album will at least sound excellent. Now it's up to Ratt to write the good tunes.

If what Ty says is right, I'm amazingly excited. Based on their recent live gig in Sydney I thought they'd opt for the fast paced less melodic route, but a cross between 'Reach for the sky' and my favourite Ratt album, 'Detonator', sounds like magic to me.

I agree on the producer statement. The Taking Dawn disc was produced by the guy that worked many Nu Metal bands but they don't sound Nu Metal at all.

From Blabbermouth:

I agree on the producer statement. The Taking Dawn disc was produced by the guy that worked many Nu Metal bands but they don't sound Nu Metal at all.

You only have to look at the wide variety of styles a guy like Michael Wagener has worked on, to see that the producer doesnt have to change the sound of a band.

I mean, does Megadeth sound like Poison?

Does Extreme sound like Motley Crue?

From Blabbermouth:

You only have to look at the wide variety of styles a guy like Michael Wagener has worked on, to see that the producer doesnt have to change the sound of a band.

I mean, does Megadeth sound like Poison?

Does Extreme sound like Motley Crue?

Yes!!!

On a similar note, did Howard Benson and Chris Lord-Alge also produce 80's / early 90's hard rock albums? They appear to produce 90% of the modern rock bands I listen to and their names are so familiar to me for some reason.

Howard Benson produced a sh*t load of bands...

Yeah, that's what I thought. He's still going very strong today too.

On a similar note, did Howard Benson and Chris Lord-Alge also produce 80's / early 90's hard rock albums? They appear to produce 90% of the modern rock bands I listen to and their names are so familiar to me for some reason.

Howard did Tuff "What Comes Around Goes Around" among many many other late 80's/early 90's hard rock albums.

Howard did Tuff "What Comes Around Goes Around" among many many other late 80's/early 90's hard rock albums.

Nice. So then he could be used on the reverse side of the argument. He produced a heap of 80's / early 90's style hard rock albums, but the albums he produces now don't sound like those albums. They still sound awesome, but every band is different.

Holy shitballs, just went to wikipedia. Here's the list of Howard Benson-produced albums to prove my point:

Allison Iraheta - Just Like You (2009)

Apocalyptica - Worlds Collide (2007)

Adema - Unstable (2003)

AM Radio - Radioactive (2003)

Art Of Dying - Untitled (2010)

Bang Tango - Psycho Café (1989)

Blindside - Silence (2002); About a Burning Fire (2004); [TBA] (2010)

Body Count - Violent Demise: The Last Days (1997)

Cold - Year of the Spider (2003)

Crazy Town - Darkhorse (2002)

Creed - Full Circle (2009)

Daughtry - Daughtry (2006); Leave This Town (2009)

Dead By Sunrise - Out of Ashes (2009)

Depswa - Two Angels and a Dream (2003)

Dislocated Styles - Pin The Tail On The Honky (2001)

The Ernies - Meson Ray (1999) (Who wrote the song "Mr. Benson and the Meson Ray" about him)

Far Too Jones- Shame and Her Sister (2000)

Fefe Dobson - Sunday Love (2004-2006)

Flyleaf - Flyleaf (2005); Memento Mori (2009)

Gavin DeGraw - Gavin DeGraw (2008)

Grinspoon - Thrills, Kills & Sunday Pills (2004) - Aussie band. Haha.

Halestorm - Halestorm

Hawthorne Heights - [TBD] (2009)

Head Automatica - Popaganda (2006)

Hoobastank - The Reason (2003); Every Man for Himself (2006); For(N)ever (2009) Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted (2009)

Kilgore Smudge - Blue Collar Solitude (1995)

Less Than Jake - Hello Rockview (1998); In With the Out Crowd (2006)

Lucky Boys Confusion - Throwing The Game (2001)

Mae - Singularity (2007)

Meg & Dia - Here, Here and Here (2009)

Masi - Downtown Dreamers (1988)

Meriwether - Sons of Our Fathers (2008)

Motörhead - Bastards (1993); Sacrifice (1995); Overnight Sensation (1996); Snake Bite Love (1998)

My Chemical Romance - Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge (2004);

The New Meanies - Three Seeds (1998)

Papa Roach - Getting Away With Murder (2004); The Paramour Sessions (2006)

PAX217 - Twoseventeen (2000)

P.O.D. - The Fundamental Elements of Southtown (1999);Satellite (2001); Payable on Death (2003)

Pretty Boy Floyd - Leather Boyz with Electric Toyz (1989)

The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus - Lonely Road (2008)

Reveille - Bleed The Sky (2001)

Relient K - Five Score and Seven Years Ago (2007)

Saosin - Saosin (2006)

Seether - Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces (2007)

Sepultura - Against (1998)

Single File - Common Struggles (2009)

Slammin' Watusis- Kings of Noise Epic Records EK44488 (1989)

Sound The Alarm - Stay Inside (2007)

Skillet - Awake (2009)

Skindred - Babylon (2002)

Switched - Subject to Change (2002)

Systematic - ''Pleasure to Burn''''(2003)

Theory of a Deadman - Gasoline (2005), Scars & Souvenirs (2008)

The All-American Rejects - Move Along (2005)

The Buzzhorn - Disconnected (2002)

The Ernies - Meson Ray (1999)

The Starting Line - Based on a True Story (2005);Direction (2007)

Third Day - Revelation (2008)

Three Days Grace - One-X (2006), Life Starts Now (2009)

Trust Company - ""True Parallels"" "(2005)"

Tuff - What Comes Around Goes Around (1991)

Vendetta Red - Sisters of the Red Death (2005)

Zebrahead - Waste of Mind (1998); Playmate of the Year (2000); Phoenix (2008)

Howard Benson has also produced these songs:

Acceptance - Different (2005)

Chris Cornell - Long Gone (2009) (Newer version made for the music video)

Cold - Gone Away (2002)

Fefe Dobson - Don't Let It Go to Your Head (2005)

Hawthorne Heights - "Come Back Home" (2007)

My Chemical Romance - Desert Song (2006)

The Panic Channel - Blue Bruises (2006); Half Hearted (2006)

The Used & My Chemical Romance - Under Pressure (2005)

+ Southgang's 'Tainted Angel' (and who knows how many others) album is missing from the list.

There's no way you can tell me all those bands sound the same, and if he can produce modern rock albums as well as 80's style hard rock albums, no reason this other guy can't. :)

Here's the FULL track streaming from the blabbie site

Scroll down a little and click play on the player...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermo...wsitemID=134459

Wow, what a super pleasant surprise. I was not expecting something like that at all. Man, if they can maintain that standard for the full disc this will no doubt be the surprise of 2010. Pearcy sounds good, Blotzer sounds thunderous again, killer production and great guitarwork... just sounds like Ratt at their best to me.

Only minor negative I'd say about the clip is the small backing vocals, but I wouldn't comment on them in full until I'd heard the track properly in my stereo.

Great stuff.

And not that anybody asked my opinion, but the album cover blows chunks... :puke:

rattinfest.jpg

Agreed. If they are trying to recapture the sound of Out Of The Cellar why not try for a similar album cover as well. Album covers never go wrong with scantily clad women on the front IMO. :tits: