Night Ranger vs. Tesla

Night Ranger vs. Tesla  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Was enjoying the 'battles' being posted and thought of one while answering some of the others. It was interesting because one band has more releases than the other...and..there is a time element involved as well....but...we'll see how it plays out!!

That was hard - two of my fave bands

Went for -

Mechanical Resonance - Tesla

Midnight Madness - Night Ranger

Psychotic Supper - Tesla

Bust a Nut - Tesla

Man in Motion - Night Ranger

Forever More - Tesla

Oh how easy was that one. I like Tesla a fair bit, but Night Ranger a whole lot more.

Night Ranger 5 - Tesla 1

Dawn Patrol - Night Ranger

7 Wishes - Night Ranger

Big Life - Night Ranger

Man In Motion - Night Ranger

Forever More - Tesla

I`ve only heard one Tesla album - Mechanical Resonance, so went for Night Ranger on all counts, especially as I love all their albums and they are one of my favourite bands along with quite a few others :tumbsup:

Oh how easy was that one. I like Tesla a fair bit, but Night Ranger a whole lot more.

Night Ranger 5 - Tesla 1

7 Wishes - Night Ranger

Big Life - Night Ranger

Man In Motion - Night Ranger

Forever More - Tesla

Backed

Psychotic Supper - Tesla

Bust A Nut - Tesla

F.M.A.J. - Tesla

Forever More - Tesla

Huge Night Ranger fan and not really familiar with anything by Tesla. I suppose I should give them a listen, but I doubt they can sway my allegiance.

I've never heard many of the Night Ranger cds listed besides the last one and some greatest hits live cd I have so I voted for Tesla on all counts. Tesla is one of my favorite bands so it wouldn't of mattered if I had heard all of the Night Ranger releases or not. Tesla is IMO one of the best bands to come out of the 1980's if not the best band.

I've never heard many of the Night Ranger cds listed besides the last one and some greatest hits live cd I have so I voted for Tesla on all counts. Tesla is one of my favorite bands so it wouldn't of mattered if I had heard all of the Night Ranger releases or not. Tesla is IMO one of the best bands to come out of the 1980's if not the best band.

I agree. Tesla on nearly all accounts. I took Man in Motion over Five Man. I know their version of Signs is probably their most identifiable hit but it's never been one of my personal faves. Plus I really like Man in Motion. Big Life came close to Bust a Nut but I love Tesla too much to give Night Ranger the edge there.

Cool poll.

Tesla across the board.

Mechanical Resonance~ Best debut album EVER.

Great Radio Controversy~ Not one bad song on it.

7 Wishes~ Just to give NR a little respect. Great album and my fave from the band.

Bust A Nut~ Probably my least fave of the stellar Tesla catalog but hardly a bad album.

Five Man Acoustical Jam~ Groundbreaking at the time.

Forever More~ Tesla just keeps churning out fine music.

To sum it up, Tesla is the better band. No doubt. But I do love the Night Ranger.

Wow, it took a while for posters to start making sense... I couldn't believe those first few replies! :lol:

And curse you, Jim, for cheating. I had to chose 'Man in Motion' because that's a pretty cool album, and how could I not chose it above a (albeit quite good) live acoustic disc?

But for the rest, Tesla by billions and billions of miles each time. No contest for me. :)

Mechanical Resonance~ Best debut album EVER.

That sounds like an argument waiting to happen... :popcorn:

Jokes and opinions aside, I am absolutely floored by this:

Midnight Madness (1983) [ 11 ] [50.00%]

Great Radio Controversy [ 11 ] [50.00%]

I like 'Midnight Madness' just fine, but to compare it (let alone favourably???) to 'Great Radio Controversy' is out of this world, imo.

Tesla got a clean sweep from me.

Same here...

Although I like Night Ranger... (Dawn Patrol & Midnight Madness are good albums), Tesla takes this one on all counts.

I like 'Midnight Madness' just fine, but to compare it (let alone favourably???) to 'Great Radio Controversy' is out of this world, imo.

Well mate, opinions differ - Midnight Madness is f awesome in my book.

Well mate, opinions differ - Midnight Madness is f awesome in my book.

Awesome or not, 'Great Radio Controversy' is amazing. An indisputable classic of the genre... imo. :)