Why is Pop AOR called Westcoast?

edwithmj

... and why do people who like it speak so ill of the current popular rock scene when it is so clearly a poorer form of music. ;)

It does amuse me to see people get testy over hard rock bands being put onto the site when all this kind of stuff is all over it. :)

I thought it meant west coast california area that the musicians are from??? hmmm

• My Little Pony
It has to do with the great gangsta wars between the eastcoast and westcoast melodic rock bands. Layin' down harmonies against one another. Fo shizzle.

Word!

They would also flip different hand signs depending on where they were from.

It has to do with the great gangsta wars between the eastcoast and westcoast melodic rock bands. Layin' down harmonies against one another. Fo shizzle.

Word!

As far as I understood it, the battles they had were actually love battles. Rather than murdering each other with weapons, they smothered each other with love.

• My Little Pony

Word!

As far as I understood it, the battles they had were actually love battles. Rather than murdering each other with weapons, they smothered each other with love.

A bit of an orgy? Is that what you're saying?

Word!

Indeed. An all male orgy.

• My Little Pony

Word!

I knew there was a reason I didn't listen to it. Were you and Matt at any of those?

Word!

I knew there was a reason I didn't listen to it. Were you and Matt at any of those?

No, they're for fat old dudes. Matt and I go to the all-male orgies with all the young hottiez with washboard stomachs.

I for some reason thought that fluffy, pink drinks were the prefered beverage of AOR/Westcoast listeners.

I'm sure it was something to do with the music of bands like the Beach Boys, that were based on the west coast, and as such, the light weight pop rock they were famous for became known as west coast!

• My Little Pony
Still waiting for a sensible answer.

Anyone?

Did we not give it to you? I thought Geoff and I layed it out simple enough for anyone to grasp.

Wow, that sounds wrong.

Still waiting for a sensible answer.

Anyone?

Can't believe you didn't consider Dan's answer "sensibile." :wacko:

Westcoast as a genre is pretty wide musically and can include such artists like thecool sounds of George Benson & Al Jarreau to the more lighter rock style of Airplay, David Roberts, Nielsen/Pearson, Jay Graydon and a lot of stuff inbetween like Robbie Dupree, Jay Ferguson, Greg Guidry etc etc. Basically it is another genre that has been bastardised over the years to include alot of AOR bands aswell. Alot of the true Westcoast artists probably wouldn't appear on the pages of HH in my opinion, but a few have sneaked in over the years.

Westcoast as a genre is pretty wide musically and can include such artists like thecool sounds of George Benson & Al Jarreau to the more lighter rock style of Airplay, David Roberts, Nielsen/Pearson, Jay Graydon and a lot of stuff inbetween like Robbie Dupree, Jay Ferguson, Greg Guidry etc etc. Basically it is another genre that has been bastardised over the years to include alot of AOR bands aswell. Alot of the true Westcoast artists probably wouldn't appear on the pages of HH in my opinion, but a few have sneaked in over the years.

ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............................ ;)

I nearly fell asleep writing it aswell mate. ;)

Ask a stupid question, get a boring answer.!! :lol:

I stroked my chin with interest as I read it! :unsure:

Nick... Are you sure that was your chin? :unsure:

:rofl2:

:rofl2:

It had stubble on it :eek: