What CDs did you buy this week?

oderin1967

Picked up a few cheapies I've been meaning to get for awhile...

Crimson Glory - Transcendence

Dangerous Toys - Pissed

Union - The Blue Room

Blind Date - s/t

Is the Crimson Glory disc an MCA Records press or the RoadRacer press? Just idle curiosity on my part (I have both versions)

Roadrunner 1988, does that sound right?

Yup, that's the one. I forget if my copy is RoadRacer or RoadRunner right now, I think "RoadRunner" was the European office and they had to use "RoadRacer" for the U.S. office for a while cuz the Looney Tunes people didn't allow them to use the RoadRunner name, something silly like that

From schmankerl-records:

April Wine - Animal Grace

Garnet Ford - Postcard

Outrider - No Way Out

Rox Diamond - S/T

Heavy Pettin' - Big Bang

Reckless - Heart Of Steel

Red Dawn - Never Say Surrender

Waysted - Save Your Prayers

Michael Morales - S/T

Garnet Ford - Postcard

Received the same CD this morning ! :) Plus:

Martin Stenmarck - One

House of Mirrors - Nightflight to Paradise

the past two weeks

Survivor--REACH---good stuff

HOLords--world---GOOD

Last autumn's dream--not bad

Wig Wam--WWania---VERY COOL

TPoley---CDamage---LOVE IT

Warrant-BAgain---for some reason, really really love it

Zac Master-Take No Prisoners

Has this been re-released yet? Or were you lucky to get an original copy? I'm on a search for this CD myself... :)

Garnet Ford - Postcard

Received the same CD this morning ! :)

Cool, I do hope it's a good one !

Treat - Weapons Of Choice

Foreigner - Extended Versions (Live '05)

Ozzy Osbourne - Bark At The Moon ('95 Remaster)

Ozzy Osbourne - Just Say Ozzy

Original Soundtrack - Ladder 49

Got this for the fabulous 'Shine Your Light' track by Robbie Robertson - Awesome song!!!

Okay, much to the peril of many of my fellow HH traditionalist members, I will ist what CDs my beautiful girl :wub: and my brother have bought me for my birthday. Before anarchy is caused, please note that last year (when my CD purchasing ceased due to our home) overall I thought modern rock KILLED traditional melodic rock in terms of quality, and as my list of downloaded stuff that I need to buy started in mid-2005, most the bands on that list were the modern ones. 2006, already, has shown me that melodic rock is back on track and that list is gaining by the second. The biggest problem I faced, though, was that I could buy 2 modern rock albums I truly loved for the price of one melodic rock album I truly loved. Well, I made my decision and here's what's sitting in the mail currently, soon to be my delayed birthday pressies:

The Wedding - 'Wedding' (awesome stuff, not unlike Simple Plan's (admittedly awesome :anon: - sorry, but it really is... teeny boppers or not) recent 'Still not getting any'. Awful vocals, excellent songs and massive hooks!!! I only had half the album downloaded, so I cannot wait to hear the rest!!!)

A Day at the Fair - 'The Rocking Chair Years' (simply one of the best albums I have heard in recent times. There are solos, traditional hard-rock-scented tracks, massive choruses, one of the most stunning ballads I have EVER heard in 'This is why we don't have nice things' and overall I just find this disc essential IMO.)

Hinder - 'Extreme Behaviour' (I fell in love with this disc last year. Not quite as good as Hedley [man I wish I could find that one!!!!] but amazing songs anyway. Ecstatic to be getting this!)

Punchline - 'Action' (The only album I don't know at all. I have heard a few tracks off the net and this sounds right up my alley. Here's hoping it a winner. The "surprise" of the bunch.)

Houston Calls - 'A collection of short stories' (one of my most raved about discs of 2005. I ended up in love with this... and pretty much every track is excellent to me. 'Amtrak is for lovers', like I said 1000 times is still in my top 5 songs of 2005. Can't wait to own this one!!!)

Silverstein - 'Discovering the waterfront' (Another one I couldn't stop raving about. Brilliant disc, IMO - love each and every track.)

Funeral for a Friend - 'Casually dressed and deep in conversation' (In a bold move I bought 'Hours' for a good price a few weeks ago, and now I have this one. IMO, this album is just sensational and the better of the 2 and I cannot wait to have this make my Funeral for a Friend collection complete.:))

Jamisonparker - 'Sleepwalker' (I really, really dig this disc. At usd$4.99 I got it almost purely for 'Best mistake' alone... luckily I love the rest too though. :))

Ra - Duality (A brilliant album as many know and at usd$3.99 there was no way I was going to pass on this one. :))

So there it is!!! My birthday pressies and I'm excited. I cannot wait!!!

FYI, for those interested there are still 5 or 6 copies of Ra 'Duality' at usd$3.99 at secondspin.com. 1 copy of Cauterize's sensational debut 'So far from real' is sitting there at a criminally bargain price of usd$3.99 too. I think they sold out of Hinder at usd$4.99... but if you're interested in trying Jamisonparker (definately not for everyone) they have 9 copies at usd$4.99. I recommend the site personally - very, very good service... just wish they had Anberlin, Hedley, Bullet for my Valentine and Amber Pacific in stock. :(

A Day at the Fair - 'The Rocking Chair Years' (simply one of the best albums I have heard in recent times. There are solos, traditional hard-rock-scented tracks, massive choruses, one of the most stunning ballads I have EVER heard in 'This is why we don't have nice things' and overall I just find this disc essential IMO.)

Hinder - 'Extreme Behaviour' (I fell in love with this disc last year. Not quite as good as Hedley [man I wish I could find that one!!!!] but amazing songs anyway. Ecstatic to be getting this!)

Ra - Duality (A brilliant album as many know and at usd$3.99 there was no way I was going to pass on this one. :))

Hi Geoff,

I know that Hinder and Ra are extremely good (here our tastes do meet !! ;) ). But what would you compare Day at the Fair with ?

Is it worth to check it out for me ??

• 2023 Gold Donors

Tony Kishman - Catch 22

Pete Sandberg - Back In Business

Lillian Axe - Psychoschizophrenia (Japanese version with a bonus track)

Fortune - Storyline (Japanese version with OBI)

St. Clair - S/T

Innocent - S/T

Great White - Can't Get There From Here (Japanese version with a bonus track)

wolfmother

beyond fear

motojesus

iron maiden / maiden japan live 17 tracks fan club

wolfmother

I have been meaning to check this one out. How is it really? I have heard a cross of Zeppelin and the Black Crowes.....interested if that is the case.

Hi Geoff,

I know that Hinder and Ra are extremely good (here our tastes do meet !! ;) ). But what would you compare Day at the Fair with ?

Is it worth to check it out for me ??

Hey Bernd,

Hard to say. I would go out on a limb and say you'd definately enjoy a lot of the album, but not sure about the whole thing. There are some songs with big hard rock-sounding choruses and there are definately some throwbacks to traditional hard rock... even a small solo or two. My suggestion would be if you can find it cheap, check it out. I think you should like them, but then again you weren't into Cauterize (:(), so I can't say for sure. This isn't anywhere near as intense or "heavy" as Cauterize though. I think I'd check 'em out if I were you. Shoot my a PM if you want a tester and I'll send some tracks your way. :)

Only comparison I could give you is that they sound a little like Something Corporate. Do you know those guys? Also very, very good band, highly recommended.

I haven't bought a DAMN thing in a couple of weeks... I need to get my ass to a CD store!!