And we're back!... well sort of...

heavyharmonies

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the biggest difference will be that things are in different places than they were before.

For example, what was the "View New Topics" link at the top (which is what I bookmark) is now the "Today's active content" link at the bottom of the home page.

I'm going to try and figure out how to add that link to the top of every page like it was before.

On the upside though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKNN0

Ohhh... This is gonna take some getting used to. I do like how when you "quote" someones entry it shows each persons response in a different color. Hehe... that way it is easier for me to ignore certain member's posts... :lol:

wow...this is hard to get use to. where do i click just to see all of the latest posts like on the old forum?

Read my reply a few posts up. It's at the bottom of the front page of the board. I'm going to try to figure out how to add that link at the top of every page, but for now, just bookmark that link.

There's also the "View New Content" link at the top right of every page, but that's slightly different. It's the newest posts since your last visit. It gets reset every time you leave and come back.

-Dan

I like the features so far, but not a fan of the colors... I'm sure that can be changed somewhere

Coincidentally I just noticed that the visible number of posts of each member is not identical to the number in the user profile. Why is this ? And which one is correct ?

wow...this is hard to get use to. where do i click just to see all of the latest posts like on the old forum?

Looks like Dan put a link at the top right for "View New Content". That seems to take you to the equivalent of "View New Posts".

I like the look. A couple of things:

- The 'View last unread post' is not working on older threads. I do notice it works on threads I have looked at today, since the format has changed. So that'll take a little while to settle in and it's only very minor.

- The new 'Search' feature seems to be very good.

- Is it just my computer here at work or does the forum run very slow for anyone else? What I mean is, opening a thread, posting a reply and navigating away is all very slow. Maybe just me?

Otherwise, looks good. :)

on the old sytem there was a section under your profile or controls where you could add "notes". is this section still there?... as this is where i used to keep my tradelist stored.... but i cannot see it....

UPDATE: found it.... in the my settings, then manage notes tab.

on the old sytem there was a section under your profile or controls where you could add "notes". is this section still there?... as this is where i used to keep my tradelist stored.... but i cannot see it....

Follow this path:

My Profile ----> Edit My Profile ----> "Settings" tab ----> Manage Notes :drink:

Follow this path:

My Profile ----> Edit My Profile ----> "Settings" tab ----> Manage Notes :drink:

cheers! just saw that too.

Wowser... this is a bit different!

Yep. As I work with it though, I think I like it. It's a bit more polished, some of the functions seem to run faster, the embedded media is a win, and I love the alternating nested quote colors - that really enhances readability.

- Is it just my computer here at work or does the forum run very slow for anyone else? What I mean is, opening a thread, posting a reply and navigating away is all very slow. Maybe just me?

Yep, definitely just here at work. Runs quick and smooth at home, but same thing here at work today. Slow as all hell to open posts, post replies and navigate away. Shithouse computer system at work... :(

Default setting seems to be to open links in the current tab instead of a new one, which isn't as good, but it's a miniscule quibble. The only thing that is really annoying is the smilies - the way they are laid out now is a lot worse, much harder to use.

Overall it looks good though.

:tumbsup:

Oh yeah, the smilies are gone? I'm sure they're easily found but I can't even see them. Oh well, I'll just use the ones I know then. :)