EVIL HOT

Fat Freddy

My favorite is Louisiana Hot Sauce. It's more than just hot, it adds flavor to the food. It tastes good on tacos, burritoes, and tostadoes. It's also good on red beans and rice and the sausages we fix with it. Can't remember what all else I put it on. In recent times I haven't been eating as much. The salsa that Bueno has is so good that it makes it hard to use anything but it. Think my bottle is about to go bad. Just doesn't taste right. Should get some more. I've tried others and I can't find anything that is as good. Tabasco is freakin hot but doesn't taste good and I think Texas Pete's is alright.

Too many sauces out there. I need to try some more.

Also, not sure if it's true or not, but check this free sauce out. I sent my info in.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one my next door neighbour always has a bottle of is Blair's After Death Hot Sauce. Me and my mate always have a little to dip stuff into before sticking our tongues out and trying to breathe cold air onto them :yikes: ...beer just seems to make it worse.

I heard somewhere if you have some sugar then it gets rid of the pain....but where's the fun in that huh?

Oooh yea, Blair's is friggin' LETHAL, Nick. I don't know if they're available where you are but here in the U.S. Blair's also sells red-hot potato chips that are truly dangerous. If you're feeling brave try the "Death Rain" variety (which I believe is the hottest variety...). First time I had those chips I thought the back of my head was gonna blow off... tears coming out of my eyes, snot running out of my nose, steam out of my ears... it was great!! :)

Bit late replying to this Freddy (apologies)...Nah we don't have the potato chips over here, nor the Blairs sauces ...at least I don't think anyway....My neighbours son works on ocassion in the U.S. and usually brings over a few bottles of the various things he can find. The Bairs on is the killer though...he's had it over a year and there's only a little gone from the bottle!!!

I bought some Crystal Hot Sauce today. I read about it last night. Too bad that I didn't have anything really good to try it on. Maybe I'll get some tacos soon.

Also, has anybody tried Gator Hammock Hot Sauce? I remember seeing a news story about it a while back and I forgot about it until I saw this thread.

The Bairs on is the killer though...he's had it over a year and there's only a little gone from the bottle!!!

That's cuz a little of the Blair's Death Rain sauce goes a looooooong way... he'll probably have that bottle for a VERY long time to come!!

My favorite burn would have to be Frank's Red Hot sauce. But I'm always interested in finding new ways to burn holes in my belly :angryfire: so I'll keep an eye out for it here in SD.

Agreed! I love Frank's Hot Sauce, as it has the ability to warm things up, without making everything else you're eating or drinking taste terrible. For example, I've had hot wings made using Dave's Insanity Sauce DAIN.gif

and the first 2-3 were good, but after that, the flavor of everything else (pizza, Coke, etc...) was ruined. No thank you! :P

Agreed! I love Frank's Hot Sauce, as it has the ability to warm things up, without making everything else you're eating or drinking taste terrible. For example, I've had hot wings made using Dave's Insanity Sauce DAIN.gif

and the first 2-3 were good, but after that, the flavor of everything else (pizza, Coke, etc...) was ruined. No thank you! :P

My wife got me a six-bottle gift set of Dave's Insanity Sauces for Christmas and some of'em are quite good. The Chipotle sauce has a nice smoky flavor, not too much burn. There is one sauce (Jalapeno I believe) that ranks pretty high on the thermo-nuclear heat meter though, that one gets used VERY sparingly...

I actually find "Frank's Red Hot" to be fairly mild as far as heat goes... it does have a nice flavor. Or maybe I'm just immune to it because I put it on nearly everything. :) My wife bought a 32 ounce bottle earlier in the Spring and said "This oughtta last you a while," and I'm 3/4 of the way through it already!

I actually find "Frank's Red Hot" to be fairly mild as far as heat goes... it does have a nice flavor. Or maybe I'm just immune to it because I put it on nearly everything. :) My wife bought a 32 ounce bottle earlier in the Spring and said "This oughtta last you a while," and I'm 3/4 of the way through it already!

I find it rather mild myself. I do love the taste of it but it's not that hot compared to other brands that are out there. I have something called "Johnny's Midnight Madness" that's made in Wyoming, it's fairly hot but also has great taste. It actually looks more like a BBQ sauce than a hot sauce.

Also, not sure if it's true or not, but check this free sauce out. I sent my info in.

Thanks for the Free Sample tip there, Jacob. I put my info in as well. When (if?) we get our free samples we can compare notes! :tumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, there seems to be some places to buy Dave's hot sauces online but there are f**king loads of different versions. :unsure: ......so could you guys advise me on the various types? :headbanger:

I have tried some of this stuff when I was younger as kind of a bet so I know the score, however now I'm much more HARDCORE so no p*ssy shit please....... :2up::banger::2up::lol:

Also advice on any other brands would be just as cool!!! :bowdown::flame::flame::flame:

Thanks for the Free Sample tip there, Jacob. I put my info in as well. When (if?) we get our free samples we can compare notes! :tumbsup:

I put my name in on the 14th. Still no sample in the mail though, along with other shit I haven't gotten but should have by now! :angry:

I am in the mood for some HOT wings so we are hitting BW3's tonight. Only bad part is I'll be paying the price tomorrow for sure. :butt::angryfire:

Actually after doing some searching I think this fits tomorrow morning better--cartman_fart.gif

I put my name in on the 14th. Still no sample in the mail though, along with other shit I haven't gotten but should have by now! :angry:

I am in the mood for some HOT wings so we are hitting BW3's tonight. Only bad part is I'll be paying the price tomorrow for sure. :butt::angryfire:

Actually after doing some searching I think this fits tomorrow morning better--cartman_fart.gif

I haven't gotten my sample yet either, but I can wait... you know the drill, generally you gotta wait 4-6 weeks for such things... since we're not paying for it they're probably not in a big hurry to send'em out...

I half expected to start getting a ton of spam e-mails from 'em since I had to enter my e-mail address, but so far that hasn't happened either, not that I'm complaining...

I haven't gotten my sample yet either, but I can wait... you know the drill, generally you gotta wait 4-6 weeks for such things... since we're not paying for it they're probably not in a big hurry to send'em out...

I half expected to start getting a ton of spam e-mails from 'em since I had to enter my e-mail address, but so far that hasn't happened either, not that I'm complaining...

Yeah I was a little worried after I gave my name and info for the sample and then they sent me to some religious page (did that happen to anyone else? :blink: ). But I never got any spam either, nor a confirmation that they received my request now that I think about it.

Hey there, there seems to be some places to buy Dave's hot sauces online but there are f**king loads of different versions. :unsure: ......so could you guys advise me on the various types? :headbanger:

I have tried some of this stuff when I was younger as kind of a bet so I know the score, however now I'm much more HARDCORE so no p*ssy shit please....... :2up::banger::2up::lol:

Also advice on any other brands would be just as cool!!! :bowdown::flame::flame::flame:

.....err just bumping so I don't get lost in the shuffle!! :P ....back to the hot stuff!

:flame::flame::flame::flame::flame::flame:

• 1 month later...

Sheeeeit, you're right Rick... I never got my free sample either! I forgot all about that!! F**kin' f**kers!

As long as I'm back in this thread, maybe I oughta take a swing at answering Slikk's query about Dave's Hot Sauces. I got a six-bottle gift set of Dave's Gourmet Sauces for Xmas, as of this writing I've only opened/tried three of 'em...

"Cool Cayenne Pepper" is a nice tasting spicy sauce. Not much in the way of heat, but has a nice "zingy" flavor. Goes good on chicken.

"Roasted Red Pepper" is made with Chipotle peppers, which are smoked, so it has a nice smoky taste to it. (I like this one on hamburgers or steak.) It has a bit of burn to it, nothing I can't handle though.

"Temporary Insanity" lives up to its name. YIKES this one is hot! There's even a warning on the side of the bottle that sez it's not recommended for people with heart/respiratory problems, and to keep it away from pets & children. YOWSA, one drop of this goes a VERY long way. It'll kick your ass if you're not careful so use sparingly!

Whenever I get around to opening/trying the other three bottles in the set I'll post my thoughts on'em!

Nice review Keef, thanks for posting that. I automatically (and wrongly) assumed that all the Dave's stuff was like Insanity, which I'm just not down wid. I remember somebody got me a bottle for a gift and I put like a teaspoon of that into some Chinese food I was making and I got through about half of it and I was just like "OK, fuck that" so I never got it again. I like heat (and a lot of it) but it's got to have flavor, Insanity's just heat and nuthin' else. <_<

P.S. I didn't get my free hot sauce either... :(

Haha, yes, a Teaspoonful of Insanity Sauce is definitely goin' a little overboard, BC...at most, a single drop would've done ya fine..

Of course, since I brought it up I may as well mention that since I had the Insanity Sauce on my mind, I busted it out last night after we cooked us up a mess o'steak on the grill and I put a little too much of the sauce on there... the first bite was like YIKES but after that it didn't bother me as much. I figure that first taste probably burned my taste buds right off. :) On the other hand, my sinuses were nice and clear! :)

• 2 weeks later...