What's a spinnin' in your CD player?

House Of Lords - 'Big Money' ; man this shitty production job hurts this one for me.

i agree on the production.

But how bad is it compared to the new Shy ? which one's better ?

Frankly, I haven't got the Shy disc yet so can't compare, but at least Bai Bang won the award!

House Of Lords - 'Big Money' ; man this shitty production job hurts this one for me.

Frankly, I haven't got the Shy disc yet so can't compare, but at least Bai Bang won the award!

I'll be honest, mate. Bai Bang's biggest problem was reaching for the stars and falling short. But as a stand-alone production job, it's maybe not quite as bad as I feared. It just doesn't sound like 'Adrenalize,' which is what it sounds like they were aiming for. And it's worst crime is that it's inconsistent throughout the CD.

Tim disagrees, but I think the production job on the Shy CD is MUCH better than HOL. There's nothing as much "wrong" with the production on the Shy CD, it's just that the vocals are a little low in the actual mix, and preference is given to the ballsy music. Which isn't altogether such a dreadful thing, considering it's musically excellent. HOL is just weak all around. I think they forgot they had a drummer in the band?

Tim disagrees, but I think the production job on the Shy CD is MUCH better than HOL. There's nothing as much "wrong" with the production on the Shy CD, it's just that the vocals are a little low in the actual mix, and preference is given to the ballsy music. Which isn't altogether such a dreadful thing, considering it's musically excellent. HOL is just weak all around. I think they forgot they had a drummer in the band?

Yeah other way around for me. The SHY sounds awful IMO, very nearly spoils some amazing songs it's so muddy. You just can't hear what the guys singing nor make out the keyboards. The HOL is thinner-sounding and easier to listen to for me. Perhaps I care a little less though as it's not as good as the SHY disc...

np:- WORK OF ART - In Progress

I'll be honest, mate. Bai Bang's biggest problem was reaching for the stars and falling short. But as a stand-alone production job, it's maybe not quite as bad as I feared. It just doesn't sound like 'Adrenalize,' which is what it sounds like they were aiming for. And it's worst crime is that it's inconsistent throughout the CD.

Shy > Bai Bang > HOL > Mitch Malloy

Pretty much sums it up - none are that great though - production wise

Haha... is Mitch Malloy that bad? :lol: I agree with you on the other 3, but haven't heard the Mitch Malloy CD (just the MP3s) to judge that one accurately yet. Even the MP3's sound better than HOL to me, though. ;)

Primal Fear - JAWS OF DEATH

Saint - TIME'S END

Barren Cross - RATTLE YOUR CAGE

Danzig - III: HOW THE GODS KILL

Nuclear Assault - THIRD WORLD GENOCIDE

Ramones - LOUD, FAST RAMONES: THEIR TOUGHEST HITS

The Poor - WHO CARES

Mr. Big - LEAN INTO IT

Shy - s/t (fuckin' awesome !!)

Vega - Kiss of Life (fuckin' fuckin' awesome !!!)

Sorry, but I'm completely overwhelmed ........... !

Issa - 'Sign of angels' ; definitely has a much better sound and vibe to the new one. Heavier production and no doubt a lot of the best songs she's recorded yet - and I admit that they're not all the best by any stretch of the imagination. The first 3 songs I can give or take either way, but once 'River of love' kicks in this album is stunning.

Okay i'm not very sure about this. I don't think Shy's production is really bad but I need to get the disc first. HoL is relatively poor but isn't as bad as Bai Bang i suppose. The Bai Bang felt like i'm listening to an old dusty tape, the sound is a bit wavy, you know, like an ocean wave lol weird

Mitch Malloy disc is on the way as we speak, probably will reach my shore in 1-2 weeks, so will comment on that later, but on a premature conclusion, I probably will say Shy > Mitch Malloy > HoL > Bai Bang

Okay i'm not very sure about this. I don't think Shy's production is really bad but I need to get the disc first. HoL is relatively poor but isn't as bad as Bai Bang i suppose. The Bai Bang felt like i'm listening to an old dusty tape, the sound is a bit wavy, you know, like an ocean wave lol weird

Mitch Malloy disc is on the way as we speak, probably will reach my shore in 1-2 weeks, so will comment on that later, but on a premature conclusion, I probably will say Shy > Mitch Malloy > HoL > Bai Bang

The problem with the MM is that the vocals are buried.

Kimball / Jamison - S/T

Metallica - And Justice For All

Iron Maiden - S/T

Iron Maiden - Killers