Song of the Day

66 mustang

• 2023 Gold Donors

One of my favourite non "Heavy Harmonies" related tracks from the 90s. I don't know what arrangement would be used, but I think the soaring vocals would lend themselves well to a Rock Ballad cover.

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

One of my favourite non "Heavy Harmonies" tracks from the 90s. I don't know what arrangement would be used, but I think the soaring vocals would lend themselves well to a Rock Ballad cover.

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Listening to  soundtrack stuff today. If the "At the Movies" guys decide to do an "80s vol. II" and I think they will based on how popular their first foray into the 80s was, then these two tracks are big contenders hopefully. Not Hard Rock, but certainly what I would consider as AOR.

Still in our "Wheelhouse", but soft enough to benefit from a Hard Rock revamp.

There's also a nice connection between the two.

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 8/11/2020 at 11:36 PM, CureTheSane said:

Everyone's heard Maiden's cover of the Skyhoos song women In Uniform.
Came across this one of Horror Movie, which is also pretty cool.

Yeah, I've been aware of this for a while. Great version. The Red Symons "Red Faces" cameo at the end is genius. I was born in '72, so I was very young when Skyhooks were big, but I certainly remember them. Seeing them on "Countdown", etc. They're a big part of Aussie culture. It's funny that they were considered very cutting edge in those days. It's a shame they ended their legacy with the horrendous "Jukebox in Siberia".

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, I've been aware of this for a while. Great version. The Red Symons "Red Faces" cameo at the end is genius. I was born in '72, so I was very young when Skyhooks were big, but I certainly remember them. Seeing them on "Countdown", etc. They're a big part of Aussie culture. It's funny that they were considered very cutting edge in those days. It's a shame they ended their legacy with the horrendous "Jukebox in Siberia".

I was lucky to see them support AC/DC, this is when AC/DC came home from first time from England The opening before the Hooks was Split Enz. Jukebox was their first single of their album, which hard to find, for their  only comeback tour. I think they sold out the Laver stadium for three nights running.

Red was on the re run of Specks & Specks on Wednesday night. MMM Myf. 

R.I.P Shirley.

Edited by Doggy

• 2023 Gold Donors
32 minutes ago, Doggy said:

I was lucky to see them support AC/DC, this is when AC/DC came home from first time from England The opening before the Hooks was Split Enz. Jukebox was their first single of their album, which hard to find, for their  only comeback tour. I think they sold out the Laver stadium for three nights running.

R.I.P Shirley.

Split Enz, Skyhooks then AC/DC. What a show! You're a lucky man. Shirl is just as memorable from "Shirl's Neighborhood" to me as he is from "Skyhooks". I grew up with that show.

Of course,  the non Aussies here have no idea what we're talking about. 

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

This album for me is in the Hall of Fame. No question. I remember getting this when it first came out and it coincided with the release of cable TV down here. One show that I loved was "Parker Lewis Can't Lose". I remember one party scene where "Shake and Tumble" was playing in the background. I recognized it immediately. 

Around the same time, Roseanne released a straight to video movie co-starring Johnny Galecki called "Backfield in Motion" (Great movie BTW), Which featured "Love of a Lifetime" as it's main finale theme. Again, when I heard it I span out. It's not often we hear "our music" in popular culture. Those were the days. 

I've scoured youtube, but I can't find clips for either.

Edited by Darkstone

2 hours ago, Doggy said:

R.I.P Shirley.

Yeah, only time got to see them live was Rocktober 84 I think it was.
they headlined a massive lineup.
Remember duwing their set they crossed on the big acreen to Hey Hey It's Saturday.
molly spoke with Shirl and he was booed loudly having recently come out as gay.
Shows how much times have changed.
These days it is more like "nobody cares, stop making it something special,,,"

16 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Split Enz, Skyhooks then AC/DC. What a show! You're a lucky man. Shirl is just as memorable from "Shirl's Neighborhood" to me as he is from "Skyhooks". I grew up with that show.

Of course,  the non Aussies here have no idea what we're talking about. 

Norm the Kangaroo ruled. where Claude the Crow  ( must be Red in feathers ).

• 2023 Gold Donors

This popped up in my rotation today and it got me thinking. Apart from the odd George Lynch instrumental, is this the only "Dokken" song without Don singing Lead Vocals? 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Listening to the new "Mad Max" album today. It's okay, solid enough. Nothing really stood out for me though. It got me going through Michael Voss's back catalog. It's very rich. He's done some great stuff.

The Lonely Island Band - Jizz In My Pants

• 2023 Gold Donors

This one popped up on the radio at work today. One of my very favorite of many INXS tracks, though not often heard. It was overwhelmed by all the other monsters on the "KICK" album.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 8/14/2020 at 7:28 PM, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, only time got to see them live was Rocktober 84 I think it was.
they headlined a massive lineup.
Remember duwing their set they crossed on the big acreen to Hey Hey It's Saturday.
molly spoke with Shirl and he was booed loudly having recently come out as gay.
Shows how much times have changed.
These days it is more like "nobody cares, stop making it something special,,,"

Just to make it clear for the non Aussies, it was Molly, not Shirley who came out. I know, it's confusing. Although, the fact that Molly was gay wasn't exactly a National secret. 

I think there was more publicity and interest when he removed his hat for the final episode of Countdown. 

49 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Just to make it clear for the non Aussies, it was Molly, not Shirley who came out. I know, it's confusing. Although, the fact that Molly was gay wasn't exactly a National secret. 

I think there was more publicity and interest when he removed his hat for the final episode of Countdown. 

His hairline is receding all time, his brother has comb over on top of his head.

It was Elton John gave Molly's first hat, he didn't like what was happening to his old mate hair doing.

• 2023 Gold Donors
20 minutes ago, Doggy said:

His hairline is receding all time, his brother has comb over on top of his head.

It was Elton John gave Molly's first hat, he didn't like what was happening to his old mate hair doing.

Molly Meldrum is of course (amongst other things) a very famous St. Kilda supporter like you Doggy. Here's one that you'll like.

Another Aussie "In Joke".

Q: What do Molly Meldrum and the St. Kilda Football Club have in common.

A: They both have trouble staying on top of the ladder.

17 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Molly Meldrum is of course (amongst other things) a very famous St. Kilda supporter like you Doggy. Here's one that you'll like.

Another Aussie "In Joke".

Q: What do Molly Meldrum and the St. Kilda Football Club have in common.

A: They both have trouble staying on top of the ladder.

How to stop Richmond winning another premiership ?

Tell them that strip clubs are offering free drinks and entry.