Song of the Day

66 mustang

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another nod to our Canadian friends. This track was apparently released all the way back in '86 in Canada. It was then re-released in 1990. That's when I first heard it. 

For some reason all my other mates hated it. I think it was the fact that it was from a non-Metal/Hard Rock band. I've never been a fan of these guys at all and I couldn't name another one of their tracks, but I've always loved this one and still do.

• 2023 Gold Donors

XYZ - Lonely Without You.

Heard this original demo again today in my rotation. I've posted it before, so I thought i'd bump my original post. I still can't for the life of me, understand how the original arrangement didn't make it on either one of their first two albums. Fuck, I love this song. 

On 12/5/2018 at 2:45 PM, Darkstone said:

I'm very late to the party with this XYZ demos disc. I didn't even know it existed. What an absolute cracker of a track this is.The version on Rainy Days is great, IMO this original version is far superior and more "XYZish".

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Guns n' Roses - Don't Cry (Alternate Lyrics).

When the "Illusion" albums came out, I could only afford one. "Illusion II" was the better album and "You Could Be Mine" plus "Civil War" sealed the deal. That meant that I was/am far more familiar with and prefer the alternate version of "Don't Cry". 

The lines

"And when you're in need of someone, my heart won't deny you

So many seem so lonely with no one left to cry to, baby"

get me everytime I hear it.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Aztec Camera - Somewhere in My Heart.

A Rock/Pop song from 1987 that I've always loved.

Back when every Rock/Pop band included a Saxaphone. 

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I was late to the party when it came to "Armored Saint". This was the first track I heard, but what a track.

I was also lucky enough to hear it for the first time back in the day whilst watching this awesome video.

The twin guitar solo attack is a killer.

• 2023 Gold Donors

AC/DC - Night Prowler.

Happy Halloween....... I guess.

We've definitely embraced it here (commercially, at least), but it's popularity is nothing compared to the US of course. 

You don't hear this one very often, but this would come close to being my favourite AC/DC track. It's certainly up there.

The last track on Bon Scott's last album.

Three members on the cover are still current and the only reason the other two aren't is because they're dead!

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Vinnie Vincent Invasion - That Time of Year.

This one popped up in my rotation today. Any time you hear this track, it's automatically "Song of the Day".

As close to perfection as it gets.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's three from "The Fabulous Thunderbirds". Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I love these guys.

The guitarist is Jimmie Vaughan, Stevie Ray's brother. I love the solo on "Wrap It Up". Ridiculously short and simple, but perfect.

Any fans of "Married With Children" (possibly my favourite TV show of all time) should recognize the second track.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 10/31/2020 at 4:23 PM, Darkstone said:

AC/DC - Night Prowler.

Happy Halloween....... I guess.

We've definitely embraced it here (commercially, at least), but it's popularity is nothing compared to the US of course. 

You don't hear this one very often, but this would come close to being my favourite AC/DC track. It's certainly up there.

The last track on Bon Scott's last album.

Three members on the cover are still current and the only reason the other two aren't is because they're dead!

An AC/DC "Mork & Mindy" Tribute on the "Highway to Hell" album??

I've been waiting to see if anyone noticed the massive "Morky & Mindy" reference at the very end.

It's very strange, but Bon says "Shazbot" and "Nanu Nanu" very clearly.

Seriously. 

Edited by Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

Here's two from the "Roxy Blue" debut. I love this album and it really hit the spot for me when it was released in '92.

Little did I know that the end was near for "our music".

• 2023 Gold Donors

Flame  - Don't Look Down.

I remember picking this album up in a bargain bin not long after it was released. I new nothing of the band and the cover art was a bit dodgy, but it was only $2, so I thought why not? I couldn't believe how good the album was and when I got to this track I was in heaven. 

5 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Flame  - Don't Look Down.

I remember picking this album up in a bargain bin not long after it was released. I new nothing of the band and the cover art was a bit dodgy, but it was only $2, so I thought why not? I couldn't believe how good the album was and when I got to this track I was in heaven. 

Not heard these guys before - Will definitely be checking them out. Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

Yeah great album  :)

Aordave89 if you're checkin em out their album is self titled and their debut release called "Blaze" was re-released by Zrecords a few years ago..both very good discs.

The above track appears on both releases..original and reworked versions.

Edited by lettard
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, lettard said:

Yeah great album  :)

Aordave89 if you're checkin em out their album is self titled and their debut release called "Blaze" was re-released by Zrecords a few years ago..both very good discs.

The above track appears on both releases..original and reworked versions.

Much appreciated mate I will check them out, definitely interested in the ZRecords release.