• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• heaven&hell

• Geoff

• Faron

• Glen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just ordered Keel's Streets... on mighty vinyl! This when?    

Witness - Show Me What You Got. Witness - When it Comes From the Heart. Here's two from a beyond killer album! Female Fronted Melodic Hard Rock at it's best from '88.    

Their best album - Has a real 80s metal feel to it. New single sounds great also. 

• 2020 Gold Donors

All this talk about Power Ballads made me feel sentimental. As i've stated before, I'm just a romantic at heart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2020 Gold Donors

Been listening to some old school female fronted stuff. I've always been a fan of the female front. This album is an absolute killer. 

10 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Been listening to some old school female fronted stuff. I've always been a fan of the female front. This album is an absolute killer. 

agreed, great album

• 2020 Gold Donors

Firstly, I don't mind this.

Secondly, huge apologies to Dan, who I'm sure will consider this sacrilege.

• 2020 Gold Donors

Which one do you prefer? As much as I love Paul Laine, I definitely prefer Zinatra's version. 

Edited by Darkstone
  • 2020 Gold Donors

One of my favourite Rolling Stones tracks is included on the new "The Dead Daisies" covers album. The original is sensational, but it's great to have a Hard Rock version that kicks arse. This is why I love cover songs.

Edited by Darkstone
  • 2020 Gold Donors

Survivor - Didn't know it was love.

It's being covered by Perfect Plan apparently, but i can't hear it for another 2 days. I find this "premiere countdown" on youtube that Frontiers has employed very annoying. I know they're trying to build anticipation, but just post it when it's ready FFS. That being said, I've mentioned before how covering Jimi Jamison is a very big ask. The original is perfection, so we'll see how they go.

Edited by Darkstone
  • Like 1
  • 2020 Gold Donors
On 8/27/2019 at 4:11 PM, Darkstone said:

Survivor - Didn't know it was love.

It's being covered by Perfect Plan apparently, but i can't hear it for another 2 days. I find this "premier countdown" on youtube that Frontiers has employed very annoying. I know they're trying to build anticipation, but just post it when it's ready FFS. That being said, I've mentioned before how covering Jimi Jamison is a very big ask. The original is perfection, so we'll see how they go.

Well I've heard Perfect Plan's version and I have to say they've done a great job. If the original is a 10, then this version is a 9.9. I know a lot of people don't get the point of cover songs, particularly those that cover iconic songs, but I love them. I consider them tributes to the music we love and this version is a great tribute to Survivor snd Jimi Jamison.

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• These guys are exceptionally good. Love it. 
    • For Karpet-Muncher, new song 'Do It All Again'.    
    • Listened to this EP today and this is my gear. Absolutely love this one - every song is amazing. Immediately googled to see if they have a new album coming out this year, but can't see anything scheduled. I did notice they have a new single, which is as brilliant as the stuff on the EP; Great find, mate. These guys are next level, and I will be keeping tabs on anything new they might release. 
    • Release date: 13th August 2021 Catalogue No: ESM356   For all Westcoast/AOR fans out there. From Escape Music: Escape Music is pleased to announce the signing of the West-coast artist Doug Brons with his brand new album titled PULL The first 500 copies will include a post card hand signed by Doug Brons, a limited edition of 500 copies only! Doug Brons was born into a musical family in Santa Rosa CA in 1963. He first started learning the piano with the help of his grandfather and it was from there where he blossomed into a great singer / songwriter. In High school Doug formed a band with his brother that drew influences from Toto, EWF, Chicago, Michael McDonald, Christopher Cross and Roby Duke and then later in his teens opened for such acts as Steve Archer, The Call, John Fischer and Denny Correll. Through the mid eighties into the nineties Doug Was caught up in family life but came back in 2016 and recorded “Soulscripted” which was produced by Tom Hemby in 2017 and features Amy Grant, Bill Champlin, Michael Omartian and John Schlitt. “Timepiece” was released in 2019 which features Bill Champlin, Pat Coil, Michael Whittaker and Tom Hemby. This brings us to “Pull” where Doug draws on his original influences and we are presented with 11 beautifully written tracks that have a West Coast vibe mixed in with a great AOR feel. This is so easy to listen to, just sit back and enjoy the music..   Track List:  Father Show Us For Love Tell Me Everything Look Up Not The Only One Again Coming Home Don’t Let Go We Are The Patriots Talk Too Much Faith Hope Love   Doug Brons – Keyboards & Vocals Tom Hemby – Drum Programming & Guitars Mark Dowdy – Drum and Guitar Programming Graham Dowdy - Guitar Dan Needham – Drums Pat Coil – B3, Keyboards                        
    • Yeah, I like We Were Sharks. Their last album as absolute killer. New one is very good, very consistent. Not as good as the last one - but good stuff.  I enjoyed the first Holding Absence album and saw a lot of potential on it, but admittedly it was just one tune I've shared a few times that really blew me away. The new album is significantly better in every single way, though. My favourite off the debut; Yep, the dudes are all about atmosphere. Massive part of what draws me to them. 
    • From Frontiers: Current The Dark Element (and ex-Nightwish) vocalist Anette Olzon is set to release her new solo album, "Strong" via Frontiers Music Srl on September 10, 2021. “'Parasite' is a song about those who create disaster in this world with their lies, their schemes, their greed and hate. Hiding their intentions behind a respectable facade,” says Anette Olzon of the albums' first single. “Living in a world of a bit of chaos with a pandemic, crazy politics, violence, social media behavior and people venting their opinions upon others all the time is the foundation behind the idea of the lyrics for the album. Musically, I wanted a much heavier album, yet with strong melodies and took my inspiration from bands I like such as Dimmu Borgir and In Flames,” she continues. This will be Anette's second solo album, following 2014's "Shine," and offers a harder, faster musical offering compared to the debut. More importantly, "Strong" stakes a claim for Anette’s well-deserved standing as one of the world's top female metal vocalists.  The music for "Strong" was written and composed together with acclaimed Swedish guitarist and producer Magnus Karlsson. Together, Anette and Magnus managed to create an outstanding collection of songs which showcase Anette’s enormous vocal range alongside Karlsson’s incendiary riffs. The songs are heavy, but still quite melodic and contemporary in their approach to the genre style. Additionally, "Strong" is mixed by Jacob Hansen (Pretty Maids, Volbeat, The Dark Element, etc.).  All in all, “Strong” is an album that masters the borders between heaviness and hookiness, all while showing an artist who doesn't rest on her laurels, but heads boldly into the future.    Tracklist: 1.  Bye Bye Bye 2.  Sick Of You 3.  I Need To Stay 4.  Strong 5.  Parasite 6.  Sad Lullaby 7.  Fantastic Fanatic 8.  Who Can Save Them 9.  Catcher Of My Dreams 10.  Hear Them Roar 11.  Roll The Dice    LINE-UP: Anette Olzon - Vocals Magnus Karlsson - Guitars Anders Köllerfors - Drums Johan Husgafvel – Bass    facebook      
    • Oh man, I thought this was the good Dallas dude and I got excited. That is a nice song, but I can't say I'm a fan of those vocals whatsoever. Cool tune, though. 
    • Jesse James Dupree - Foot Fetish Eurythmics - We Too Are One + 5 (Special Edition)
    • Line-up: John Dallas - Vocals and Rythm Guitars Tom Angeles - Lead Guitar Black Sam Francisco - Bass Andy Philadelphia - Drums and Keyboards   There fixed it.
    • Don't have many physical purchases anymore but this will be one I'll have to have 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.