Song of the Day

66 mustang

• 2023 Gold Donors

This upcoming Sunday is Mothers Day here in OZ. I remember seeing this clip when it first aired live on the iconic Aussie TV show "Hey Hey It's Saturday". Pure Class! 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another great 80's soundtrack song. I'd love to hear Mr. Strid work his magic on this one.

Edited by Darkstone

First thing I was Hoff head, I was think was butchered version of Ted Mulry  ( RIP ) Gang's " Jump In My Car " that the Hoff done.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Brian Howe's unfortunate passing got me listening to some old school Bad Company. This track however features the legendary Paul Rodgers on vocals. This track is as cool as fuck. I was surprised to see that there aren't too many covers of this iconic song. I found two that are worthy. The "Five Finger Death Punch" version is great and even though the second one is more of an independent thing with a female vocalist, it still has that nice cool bluesy vibe. It's my preferred one of the covers.

Edited by Darkstone

In the ashes of the daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn 
Your restless soul keeps running freeeeeeeeeeeeee,
It's like asking the wind to belong to meeeeeeeeeeee
You won't let me gooooooooooooo, but you'd better knoooooooow

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

This album was one of my greatest blind purchases back in the day. Not strictly a blind purchase because Steve Plunkett's name associated with the album made it easier. Needless to say, when I heard the album I was thrilled. One of my favourites. I could have thrown a dart at the album to pick a song of the day TBH. 

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors

Picture - Diamond Dreamer.

I saw this Dutch band mentioned on the main site's "new comments" section. I was unfamiliar with them. Great old school Metal. This track is from the 1982 album of the same name. Pump this one up as loud as you can

• Like 1

I LOVE this song.
Love how there is a guitar solo only one minute in.
Chorus at the start and the end, with verses in the middle
Ian Moss sings the first two verses and then Jimmy Barnes the third

Kind of can be interpreted as a good sum up of 2020 so far.

Edited by CureTheSane

• 2023 Gold Donors
16 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

I LOVE this song.
Love how there is a guitar solo only one minute in.
Chorus at the start and the end, with verses in the middle
Ian Moss sings the first two verses and then Jimmy Barnes the third

Kind of can be interpreted as a good sum up of 2020 so far.

Yeah, great track. John Farnham's version is pretty epic also. What a great Lead Vocal combination Ian Moss and Jimmy Barnes were. Here's another Legendary track that i've always loved.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Another iconic Aussie Rock band are the "Hoodoo Gurus". Always loved these guys and they have many hits that are part of Australian culture. This is one of their later hits. I love the progression of this song. The way it keeps building up and up. It's a masterpiece actually. 

Edited by Darkstone

Never much of a Hoodoo Gurus fan
Good Times was great
1000 Miles Away was good
The rest - meh.

And for me When The war Is Over is uncoverable.
Johnny Farnham or not, nothing touches the opriginal.

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 6/6/2020 at 11:46 PM, CureTheSane said:

Never much of a Hoodoo Gurus fan
Good Times was great
1000 Miles Away was good
The rest - meh.

And for me When The war Is Over is uncoverable.
Johnny Farnham or not, nothing touches the opriginal.

You can't tell me you haven't been pissed off your face singing enthusiastically along to "Like Wow Wipeout" at some time in your life. They have many great tracks apart from their commercial hits also. 

Nah, but at a Painters And Dockers show at the Palace I was very drunk.

They encouraged the crowd on stage only to have bouncers come along and push everyone back into the crowd every 30 seconds or so.
I waited for the last exodus, and jumped up and started screaming into a microphone. Didn't really know the words.
Before I knew it I saw a bouncer getting ready to clear the stage so I decided to stage dive instead (on my own terms)
Never seen a bunch of people part like the red sea from that angle before.
and the drop was actually pretty ral, around 5 or 6 feet.
Anyway, I landed and bounced up and didn't feel the pain until the following day.

wasn't a real fan of this band either. Not sure why we were at the show.
probably had nothing better to do.

• 2023 Gold Donors
19 minutes ago, CureTheSane said:

Nah, but at a Painters And Dockers show at the Palace I was very drunk.

They encouraged the crowd on stage only to have bouncers come along and push everyone back into the crowd every 30 seconds or so.
I waited for the last exodus, and jumped up and started screaming into a microphone. Didn't really know the words.
Before I knew it I saw a bouncer getting ready to clear the stage so I decided to stage dive instead (on my own terms)
Never seen a bunch of people part like the red sea from that angle before.
and the drop was actually pretty ral, around 5 or 6 feet.
Anyway, I landed and bounced up and didn't feel the pain until the following day.

wasn't a real fan of this band either. Not sure why we were at the show.
probably had nothing better to do.

Fuck me mate. You'd have to be very, very drunk to attend a "Painters and Dockers" show. One Aussie band that I could absolutely not stand. That clip you posted is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Always has been.  

11 minutes ago, Darkstone said:

Fuck me mate. You'd have to be very, very drunk to attend a "Painters and Dockers" show. One Aussie band that I could absolutely not stand. That clip you posted is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Always has been.  

Yeah I was drunk a lot back then. Binge drinking for fun.
Barely do these days, maybe 3 or 4 times a year.
We have the 12 Pubs Of Christmas every early December with a large group of people. then There's new years eve and a couple of otehr times during the year.
Still binge drink to get drunk :)

Also we were starved for concerts.
Americans don't know what it was like.
I saw the Eurythmics & Cyndi Lauper at different times because it was better than nothing lol

• Thanks 1