Song of the Day

66 mustang

• 2023 Gold Donors

Good to hear in the thread dedicated to these guys that a new ep is hopefully on the way. Shame it's not an album, but i'd be happy enough with another 4 or 5 songs of the same quality as their first offering.

I'm digging this. Very 70s/80's.

I lasted 33 seconds before shutting it off. That has all the musicianship of a chimpanzee fucking around with Pro Tools. This guy's lyrics are below the level of atrocious. For example, give a read to this slice of fluff from another of his lame tracks:

"You can count on me like one two three

I'll be there

And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two

You'll be there

'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah"

Talk about yer shit aimed at the lowest common denominator. You couldn't pay me to listen to anything that little shit sings over a backing track puked out of a computer. Precisely what's wrong with what the industry tries to pass off as music today - zero musicianship.

A sublime song from a sublime album.. Thankyou Mr Steve Porcaro

Its pretty smooth but man, an album of that and i would be asleep lol

Will check it out on Spotify tho.

Thought you would have checked it out already!! It's a great album with some very fine songs...very laid back and probably not of much interest to alot of people on here, but very fine non-the-less and one of my favourite albums of this year so far

• 2 weeks later...

Tried again today but, alas, I can't. 20 years after the first time I've listened to this, and I still can't spin it in the stereo of my Impreza WRC. Total guitar playing, mighty solo and a chorus to die for. :wub::crying:

• My Little Pony

20 years after the first time I've listened to this, and I still can't spin it in the stereo of my Impreza WRC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPZOvXhJX8Y

I don't understand this comment. Why not?

20 years after the first time I've listened to this, and I still can't spin it in the stereo of my Impreza WRC.

I don't understand this comment. Why not?

I need to park that car, before become public enemy number one

I'm digging this. Very 70s/80's.

I lasted 33 seconds before shutting it off. That has all the musicianship of a chimpanzee fucking around with Pro Tools. This guy's lyrics are below the level of atrocious. For example, give a read to this slice of fluff from another of his lame tracks:

"You can count on me like one two three

I'll be there

And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two

You'll be there

'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah"

Talk about yer shit aimed at the lowest common denominator. You couldn't pay me to listen to anything that little shit sings over a backing track puked out of a computer. Precisely what's wrong with what the industry tries to pass off as music today - zero musicianship.

personally I think its one of the best pop songs of the last 10 years. Absolutely love it.