Song of the Day

66 mustang

I'm digging this. Very 70s/80's.

I lasted 33 seconds before shutting it off. That has all the musicianship of a chimpanzee fucking around with Pro Tools. This guy's lyrics are below the level of atrocious. For example, give a read to this slice of fluff from another of his lame tracks:

"You can count on me like one two three

I'll be there

And I know when I need it I can count on you like four three two

You'll be there

'Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah"

Talk about yer shit aimed at the lowest common denominator. You couldn't pay me to listen to anything that little shit sings over a backing track puked out of a computer. Precisely what's wrong with what the industry tries to pass off as music today - zero musicianship.

personally I think its one of the best pop songs of the last 10 years. Absolutely love it.

Glen, I knew you had it hidden somewhere.

Good taste that is... ;)

Nice choice. Best song on that album... love it. There's something I just really like about this band, even if they don't blow my mind with every song. But a compilation of their 10 best songs would be nothing short of absolutely outstanding.

Nice choice. Best song on that album... love it. There's something I just really like about this band, even if they don't blow my mind with every song. But a compilation of their 10 best songs would be nothing short of absolutely outstanding.

Yep a very good band and its probably my favourite on that album too

They have a new album coming out in January, which I have high hopes for !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqyT8IEBkvY

I lasted 33 seconds before shutting it off. That has all the musicianship of a chimpanzee fucking around with Pro Tools. This guy's lyrics are below the level of atrocious. For example, give a read to this slice of fluff from another of his lame tracks:

I'll be there

You'll be there

Talk about yer shit aimed at the lowest common denominator. You couldn't pay me to listen to anything that little shit sings over a backing track puked out of a computer. Precisely what's wrong with what the industry tries to pass off as music today - zero musicianship.

Just one other thing. The guy plays drums, piano, guitar and bass.

Just for the record ;)

• My Little Pony

I'll be there

You'll be there

Just for the record ;)

Nope. It's Pop music, which means it isn't real, which means it's inherently shit.

• My Little Pony

Can't get enough of this, at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-we4wA0xehU

You are playing it safe, buddy, but you killed me! :wub::wub::wub:

I'm glad I can still get you aroused.

I'll be there

You'll be there

Just for the record ;)

I think you left out pianosaurus. I doubt the little turd's name comes up whenever actual musicians sit around discussing people with proficiency on any of those instruments.

• My Little Pony

I'll be there

You'll be there

Just for the record ;)

I think you left out pianosaurus. I doubt the little turd's name comes up whenever actual musicians sit around discussing people with proficiency on any of those instruments.

A lot of names wouldn't come up. That doesn't prove/disprove anything.

• My Little Pony

As i said before just look on you tube...all the evidence u need.

Seems v odd to hate on someones talent just because its not a style of music you like.

Precisely my thoughts.

What I've been saying for what feels like an eternity.

Seems v odd to hate on someones talent just because its not a style of music you like.

I stated his lyrics suck and that truly lousy song sounded like shit, and I have zero interest in anything he does because I find what he produces to be pure garbage. So because I don't like his crappy music, and don't find what he does to be remotely pleasurable to my ears, you take the politically correct stance that I'm "hating on someone's talent because I don't like their style of music". Wrong. It's the music itself, as well as the style I don't like. In my opinion, I'd rather listen to artists I feel are much more talented, and actually play things in genres that don't annoy the hell out of me. My opinion - I don't like him, and his crappy music. You have your own opinion, but to carry on as if people have to appreciate shit you happen to like simply because you like it is just another shining example of the pretentious bullshit you level against those daring to disagree with you. If that's something that bothers you, well, tough shit. I'll continue to offer my opinion on things I like and dislike, and again, if you don't like it, too bad. I really don't need your endorsement on anything anyway, so spare me the high and mighty opinion of your taste and lofty opinion of yourself. Your clique members might buy your holier-than-thou attitude. I don't. I'm just too old school to give a good goddamn about a-holes, who think they know it all, and expect everyone to see things from their self-righteous point of view.

Lol.

You stated zero musicianship which is just plain wrong mate. Live with it.

You also called him a little shit which seems a tad harsh to me.

You started this with your totally over the top reaction - a simple 'i dont like it' will do in future and then no one gets offended.

:)

lol. Haven't seen an e-battle on this site for a while. Carry on, gents. ;)

Anyway, finally had a song of the day to share after a desert of recent listening decisions;

'Hard times at Waltham High' - Waltham

I stated his lyrics suck and that truly lousy song sounded like shit, and I have zero interest in anything he does because I find what he produces to be pure garbage. So because I don't like his crappy music, and don't find what he does to be remotely pleasurable to my ears, you take the politically correct stance that I'm "hating on someone's talent because I don't like their style of music". Wrong. It's the music itself, as well as the style I don't like. In my opinion, I'd rather listen to artists I feel are much more talented, and actually play things in genres that don't annoy the hell out of me. My opinion - I don't like him, and his crappy music. You have your own opinion, but to carry on as if people have to appreciate shit you happen to like simply because you like it is just another shining example of the pretentious bullshit you level against those daring to disagree with you. If that's something that bothers you, well, tough shit. I'll continue to offer my opinion on things I like and dislike, and again, if you don't like it, too bad. I really don't need your endorsement on anything anyway, so spare me the high and mighty opinion of your taste and lofty opinion of yourself. Your clique members might buy your holier-than-thou attitude. I don't. I'm just too old school to give a good goddamn about a-holes, who think they know it all, and expect everyone to see things from their self-righteous point of view.

Not my cup of tea, but I don't feel compelled to lose my shit because someone posted the song.

I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, and he's a hell of a lot more talented than me in every way musical :)