Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

The Colour of Magic (2008)

I dove into the world of Ankh-Morpork for a second time. Good quirky fantastical fun. I really should read Terry Pratchett's work. I'd probably enjoy it.

"Scorpions: Forever and a Day" (2015)

The German hard rock legends look back on their decades-long career as they prepare for their "farewell" concert in a cool documentary loaded with vintage clips and good stories. In addition to the band members themselves, famous fans and contemporaries like Paul Stanley, Don Dokken, Anders Frieden of In Flames, Alex Skolnick, and many others make brief appearances to give props to the Scorps.
The bulk of the film is in German (with English subtitles), which might be a deal breaker for some, but it didn't detract from my enjoyment of the flick.

"Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" (2015)

Two slacker scouts sneak out of a camping trip in the middle of the night to attend a party back home - and wind up smack in the middle of an outbreak of the Undead. Yeah, I hate when that happens too. Fortunately the skills they've learned in scout survival training come in handy for battling flesh-eaters!
This fast-paced, gory, ultra-violent and raunchy horror comedy may not be a classic for the ages, but it was entertaining for a one-night rental.

"Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse" (2015)

Two slacker scouts sneak out of a camping trip in the middle of the night to attend a party back home - and wind up smack in the middle of an outbreak of the Undead. Yeah, I hate when that happens too. Fortunately the skills they've learned in scout survival training come in handy for battling flesh-eaters!

This fast-paced, gory, ultra-violent and raunchy horror comedy may not be a classic for the ages, but it was entertaining for a one-night rental.

Seen this one a couple of times and it is rather well done and quite humorous.

Bridge of Spies Tom Hanks in a Coen brothers film directed by Steve Speilberg, need I say more? I will, a very well done film with gobs of nostalgia.

Finding Dory

Not sure the distaste with this one as it was as expected, well animated and a similar adventure to Finding Nemo. A who's who of voice over actors and we get the original team together for some added laughs(watch the film through the credits). I enjoyed it as did the kids.

• My Little Pony

Hunt for the Wilderpeople (2016)

I had been waiting to see this for a good minute. Save the upcoming Star Wars film, this was the only thing I was looking forward to all year. It most certainly did not disappoint. Easily the best film I've seen all year. Taika Waititi has fast become one of my favourite directors.

"Mallrats" (1995)

Two slackers (Jason Lee and Jeremy London) get dumped by their girlfriends on the same day, so they hang out at the local mall and plot revenge - with some help from Jay and Silent Bob and comics legend Stan Lee.

Kevin Smith's uneven follow up to the still-brilliant "Clerks" has its share of funny bits, but after a while it begins to feel like an hour-long TV episode that's been padded out to feature length.

Intro'd the kids to The Guardians of the Galaxy and now my son is watching it again...

Tis a fine film for what it is curious as to what part 2 will be like.

RIPD was a fine movie. Shockingly Men In Black like on all levels. Never read the comic however.

Keith c'mon Clerks is epic no doubt but why no love for Mallrats? That movie is FULL to the brim with hilarity. From the "kids on the escalator" to Ben Aflecks affinity for relating someplace uncomfortable "Like the back of a Volkswagen" to Priscilla Barnes and her extra assets. My word it is too good...

Keith c'mon Clerks is epic no doubt but why no love for Mallrats? That movie is FULL to the brim with hilarity. From the "kids on the escalator" to Ben Aflecks affinity for relating someplace uncomfortable "Like the back of a Volkswagen" to Priscilla Barnes and her extra assets. My word it is too good...

(shrugs) I dunno. Lord knows I love me some Kevin Smith (fellow Jersey slacker done good!) and Mallrats had its moments to be sure, but it runs outta gas about an hour in. I just don't think it's aged very well.

Finally startin' to feel like Fall around here... which means it's time to start setting the Halloween movie mood...

"Dark Night of the Scarecrow" (1981)

A posse of local yokels kill a mentally handicapped man they mistakenly suspect of murdering a little girl. Soon the rednecks are being picked off one by one by a vengeance-seeking spirit hiding in the body of a scarecrow. This made-for-TV flick does a nice job of setting a creepy mood and features a great performance by Charles Durning as the leader of the posse.

"Tales From the Crypt" (1972)

Five strangers are drawn to the catacombs beneath a cemetery, where a mysterious Crypt Keeper (Sir Ralph Richardson) spins their tales of woe in this campy British anthology flick from the great Amicus Studio, based on stories from the EC horror comics of the 1950's.

"Mountain of the Cannibal God" (1978)

Ursula Andress is totally slummin’ it as a wealthy woman who heads into the jungles of New Guinea to find her missing scientist husband in this Italian cannibal flick. As you might expect, lotsa lush jungle scenery, animal cruelty, gore, nudity and violence follow. “Mountain…” obviously had a bigger budget than your average Z-grade Italian cannibal movie but it’s still sleazy as hell. Enjoyable trash that will make you feel like you need a shower when it’s over.

"The House on Sorority Row" (1983)

A group of sorority sisters pull a prank on their mean ol' housemother which backfires fatally. When they try to cover up their crime so they can proceed with their big graduation bash, things get worse as someone starts picking the guilty parties off one by one. A mostly forgotten but effective lil' slasher/mystery flick that takes a while to get goin' but features some truly sick moments when it finally kicks into gear.

"Def-Con 4" (1985)

The crew of an orbiting defense satellite watches helplessly from space as nuclear war breaks out across the globe. When they return to Earth a few months later they land in the middle of a conflict between a militia run by a crazed dictator and radiation-scarred "Terminals."

This flick starts out pretty promising but devolves into yet another crappy "Mad Max" post apocalypse wanna-be once the astronauts return "home."

Don't be sucked in by the badass poster art for this flick, because it bears no resemblance to any events in the movie...

Def-Con4.jpg