Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

'The Ruins' ; got this ages ago and finally got around to viewing it today. I must say, I kind of regret getting the "unrated" version, as there were a few parts here that I would happily have preferred to be cut out. Namely, a very detailed scene of a dude having his legs amputated from the knees down. Really not enjoyable to watch at all. Terrible, in fact. Anyway, though, I guess the movie was okay-ish. The blonde girl was really sexy too, so that was nice. The story was basically about a group of kids stuck on an old ruined building surrounded by killer weeds and unable to leave for being shot by locals. I thought it'd be a dark cave movie which I'd have hated, so I'm glad it wasn't what I expected. Kinda worth watching...

'Sherlock Holmes' ; got this one for my wife and it's definitely more her type of thing rather than something that interests me. It was watchable and I guess I did enjoy it enough to get through, but it's not the type of thing I'd go out of my way to see.

"Live and Let Die" (1973)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlbaxJ4iAn4

Roger Moore's first turn as James Bond is a funky attempt to mix the traditional Bond derring-do with the then-current "Blaxploitation" craze, as 007 travels from Harlem to Louisiana to the Caribbean on a hunt for a voodoo-worshipping drug kingpin. As with most of the Moore 007's, there's an equal mix of action and light comedy. Oh, and a very young Jane Seymour (yowza!) provides the eye candy this time around.

'The Ruins' ; got this ages ago and finally got around to viewing it today. I must say, I kind of regret getting the "unrated" version, as there were a few parts here that I would happily have preferred to be cut out. Namely, a very detailed scene of a dude having his legs amputated from the knees down. Really not enjoyable to watch at all. Terrible, in fact. Anyway, though, I guess the movie was okay-ish. The blonde girl was really sexy too, so that was nice. The story was basically about a group of kids stuck on an old ruined building surrounded by killer weeds and unable to leave for being shot by locals. I thought it'd be a dark cave movie which I'd have hated, so I'm glad it wasn't what I expected. Kinda worth watching...

The book is superb, so my expectations were low on a quality movie translation, but I must say it was still enjoyable even with my mind going all the time about this charecter being different or that scene being added or ???

RED (Retired: Extremely Dangerous)

Good fun flick; Bruce Willis is perfect as the retired CIA agent just trying to live his life. :tumbsup:

Seven

That is a total classic and the twist omg didn't see that comin'.Have you seen this on blu-ray yet?If so what's it like?

Hi Dave, this is one of my favourite thrillers, I like the fact that`s it`s what you don`t see that is shocking.

The picture on the Blu-ray is excellent, really clear, very pleasently surprised :tumbsup:

Need to pick it up then,cheers mate.

Change It Up

Phantasm

Star Wars-The Complete Saga- Blu-Ray...looks great,although watching them all back to back you realize how old the 1st 3 movies are...

Really looking forward to buying/watching these on Blu-ray but waiting for the price to plummet.

Star Wars-The Complete Saga- Blu-Ray...looks great,although watching them all back to back you realize how old the 1st 3 movies are...

Really looking forward to buying/watching these on Blu-ray but waiting for the price to plummet.

Yeah I was planning on waiting as well but...need overcame common sense... :lol:

"Goldfinger" (1964)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdQoSK9wibU

In his 3rd film adventure, James Bond battles the criminal mastermind Auric Goldfinger, who's got an ambitious plan to invade the gold depository at Fort Knox.

Widely considered to be the best Bond film, this one pretty much set the template for the series that is still in use today - lots of action, cool spy gadgets, 'n' hot babes. Hard to believe that this movie is almost 50 years old, it's held up very well!

"House on Haunted Hill" (1999)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2iNhDApGEY

High-tech update of the 1950s classic is pretty damn good in its own right, as a group of people accept a challenge to spend the night in a supposedly-haunted former insane asylum in order to win a million dollar prize. Geoffrey Rush, Famke Janssen and Chris Kattan chew the hell out of the scenery and there's plenty of cool gore effects. Neat stuff.

Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore

Liked it just like the previous one.

My kids love the "C&D" movies, we own both of'em on DVD. I thought "Kitty Galore" was fun, but I liked the first one better cuz Mr. Tinkles was definitely the superior feline villain. ("EVIL...does NOT...wear a BONNET!")

Kick Ass

Been meaning to watch this for ages and finally got round to seeing it this week. The film really does kick ass, even my wife (who thought it was a bit silly for the first 45 minutes or so) said it was good at the end. Hugely enjoyable film and for me the most bearable Nicolas Cage performance I've ever seen!

THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO (2009)

the original Swedish flick that's translated into Hollywood movie, Blomkvist was portrayed by Daniel Craig, but haven't watch this version, but all I can say from the original movie is not bad, I've seen people rated it quite high, but to me it's a good one, but not really great. The reason is probably I've seen hundred times plot like this and I expect a lil bit of wicked and twisted plot toward the end, but I didn't find any. So like you expect from a typical detective/crime drama thing, this is what you'll get.