Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

Paranormal- Other than a few spooky scenes, it was like watching paint dry.

Law Abiding Citizen- Absolutely kick ass...Both Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx were really good!!

"TerrorVision" - intentionally campy 80s sci-fi/horror comedy cheez about a family whose new satellite TV system accidentally "beams in" a carnivorous bug-eyed alien being. Sooooo 80s it hurt.

Best part for me was early in the film when the kids watched a few seconds of W.A.S.P. playing "Tormentor" on TV while channel surfing. One of the characters wears a W.A.S.P. shirt for much of the movie too.

State of Play - With Russell Crowe & Ben Affleck. An excellent political thriller and one of the top movies I've seen this year.

Observe & Report - With Seth Rogen. A much darker but still comedic look at the life of a delusional Mall Security officer.

"Scarecrows" - a late 80s horror flick about a gang of bank robbers who parachute from their escape plane, only to land smack in the midst of an isolated graveyard that is patrolled by killer scarecrows. Dumb but fun hack-fest.

I used to love that movie. I forgot all about it

I found it on DVD at the dollar store (!) a couple of weeks ago. It's on a double feature DVD paired with some 70s zombie cheese called "Garden of the Dead." Not bad for a buck eh? The only complaint I had was that "Scarecrows" was obviously dubbed from a poor quality print cuz the picture is kinda dark and choppy. Still a kick-ass movie tho.

I checked a couple Dollar stores around me, all they had was crap.

if you like a good action movie, lots of things blowing up, lots of guns being shot and a little covert ops thrown in you will enjoy it. knowing it is based on a real situation (not based on any real story, just the situation) in a country opens eyes also as to how bad things can be around the world.

'Bridal Wars' ; this was always going to be poor, but some of these movies are made decent by attractive ladiez - not this one. Both annoyingly ugly and, of course, the movie was awful.

'Angels and demons' ; all 3 movies this time were my wife's choice (I was too busy looking through the bargain 2nd hand DVDs and bought 6) but I have to admit I really enjoyed this while she fell asleep. HAHA! Yeah, good film.

'I love you, man' ; I really enjoyed this. Awkward dialogue which I constantly found very amusing. Yeah, just a good, enjoyable tale. Thumbs up.

'American psycho' ; after finishing the book I needed to see this again. Obviously a little less amazing after you've read the immaculate book, but still an awesome film. Loved it... very good ending too. Like how they did that.

Just watched

The New Guy - Pretty funny flick...

Sitr Crazy - A CLASSIC with Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor!! :tumbsup:

Stir Crazy is indeed a classic!! "That's right...we bad!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8x8RQYc4Zw

"Virus" - this is a goodie that I'd never even heard of till a couple of days ago. This is one of those all star big budget disaster/end of the world/apocalypse films that were so popular back in the day, made in 1980. It was a Japanese production and at the time it was made, it was the most expensive movie ever made by a Japanese company. It features a large cast of both Japanese and Western actors. (The American roles were filled by such late 70s/early 80s genre stalwarts as George Kennedy, Robert Vaughn, Bo Svenson, etc.)

In a nutshell, a plague kills off almost everyone on Planet Earth except for a group of scientists and researchers in Antarctica (where the killer virus can't survive due to the cold weather), so it's up to this group of 800 or so people to rebuild society. Bad enough that 99.9% of the world's population is dead, but just to add insult to injury, we find out later in the film that thanks to a computer glitch, a bunch of nuclear weapons are now pointed at the few people that are left. (Did I mention that this film features a lot of now-outdated Cold War politics? Haha.)

This movie was on one of those cheap ass double feature DVDs I've been buying at the dollar store lately so I expected it to be cheesy but it's actually quite good. Apparently the American cut of the film (which is what I have) is now in the public domain (the copyright has expired) so it can be purchased cheaply. The original Japanese version is about an hour longer (the stuff that was cut from the U.S. version deals mainly with the Japanese characters) and is supposedly the superior version of the movie. I may have to look that one up at a later date.

"Garden of the Dead"

-- early 70s zombie cheez fest about a bunch of inmates at a prison work camp whose habit of sniffing formaldehyde to get high (?) causes them to come back as zombies after they're killed during an attempted jail break. Some decent zombie makeup but that's about it. No scares, no gore, no nuthin'. At least it was short (just over an hour!) so my suffering was minimal.

Geez, I really gotta quit buying all my DVDs at the dollar store. :unsure:

THE TOURNAMENT--awesome bloody action movie that just came out featuring Ving Rhames, Kelly Hu, and Robert Carlye. It's about 30 of the world's greatest assassins going at it until only one if left. Mindless fun...check. Lots of guns and action....check. Graphic violence.....CHECK. Good stuff.