Last movie you watched?

66 mustang

• My Little Pony

The Hobbit

Awesome 3D film. A few changes from the book but tons of great action scenes and the 3D looked great.

Yeah, but one needs to understand it's not supposed to play out as though one is reading the book. The film plays out as it actually happened. That's why we see what Gandalf is doing, when he's not with the party. The only real change I can recall is the thunder battle scene. They were caught in the battle, let alone even witness to it. It was happening off in the distance. And that scene was a little too unbelievable. Even for a fantasy film. Also the inclusion of Ratagast. While I like the character, he never makes an appearance on their journey.

The Hobbit

Awesome 3D film. A few changes from the book but tons of great action scenes and the 3D looked great.

Yeah, but one needs to understand it's not supposed to play out as though one is reading the book. The film plays out as it actually happened. That's why we see what Gandalf is doing, when he's not with the party. The only real change I can recall is the thunder battle scene. They were caught in the battle, let alone even witness to it. It was happening off in the distance. And that scene was a little too unbelievable. Even for a fantasy film. Also the inclusion of Ratagast. While I like the character, he never makes an appearance on their journey.

Also Galadrial and Sauraman wasnt in the book and Gandalf wasnt as much either. Also I didnt remember Gandalf being there when the Trolls turned to stone. I will say that the changes were for the better.

Also Azog the Defiler was not in the book and was only mentioned briefly that he killed Thorin's Grandfather. He died many years earlier.

Really none of you guys have seen King Of Devil Island? well if any of you have Netflix, hop on there and give it a check, it's a true story, and it's very well acted, and very compelling, really really hard to watch because it is a character study, and when character studies are done well, I believe they can mess with your emotions more then any other kind of movie.

• My Little Pony

The Hobbit

Also Galadrial and Sauraman wasnt in the book and Gandalf wasnt as much either. Also I didnt remember Gandalf being there when the Trolls turned to stone. I will say that the changes were for the better.

Also Azog the Defiler was not in the book and was only mentioned briefly that he killed Thorin's Grandfather. He died many years earlier.

Yeah, but like I said, the film isn't so much a story being retold, but rather a journey one is accompanying omnisciently. So the only changes that may have bugged me were the ones that interrupted the canon.

• My Little Pony

For anyone that hasn't seen Batman: The Dark Knight Rises, yet, and are still unsure about the film, here's a more in depth "trailer." Warning: May contain spoilers.

Really none of you guys have seen King Of Devil Island? well if any of you have Netflix, hop on there and give it a check, it's a true story, and it's very well acted, and very compelling, really really hard to watch because it is a character study, and when character studies are done well, I believe they can mess with your emotions more then any other kind of movie.

I'll seek it asap! I like a challenge.

"Crumb" (1994)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nF_uM-7fuwc

Terry Zwigoff's profile of the legendary underground comics artist Robert Crumb studies his life, his work and his extremely screwed up family in a sometimes disturbing but always engrossing documentary. If you've ever read Crumb's comic work you probably think he's some kind of sex-crazed, woman hatin' psycho (and that's probably true to some extent), but ironically despite all that he's still the most "normal" member of his clan. When you meet Robert's brothers, you'll be saying "Thank God I don't live next door to that guy."

Certainly not a film for everybody but if you're a Crumb fan you'll dig this.

The Hobbit

Yeah, but like I said, the film isn't so much a story being retold, but rather a journey one is accompanying omnisciently. So the only changes that may have bugged me were the ones that interrupted the canon.

None of the changes really bothered me much but i didn't realize how many changes there were until after the movie and i did some research online. Of course it had been at least 15 years since i read the book so most of it i figured i had forgotten about.

• My Little Pony

The Hobbit

None of the changes really bothered me much but i didn't realize how many changes there were until after the movie and i did some research online. Of course it had been at least 15 years since i read the book so most of it i figured i had forgotten about.

Really? How many changes were there? I should look it up. I read the book for the first time last winter, but I didn't notice that many changes. Like you said, none really bothered me. It's a great film, and I don't understand the criticism it's receiving.

The Hobbit

Really? How many changes were there? I should look it up. I read the book for the first time last winter, but I didn't notice that many changes. Like you said, none really bothered me. It's a great film, and I don't understand the criticism it's receiving.

Most of them were the ones i mentioned above. The big ones were the Defiler being in it and hunting them and the scenes with the brown Wizard warning them.

It was weird to see Lee Pace as the Elvin King.

I'll seek it asap! I like a challenge.

Yeah, sounds very intriguing. I've seen some good Scandinavian films lately, so will check this one out, although the DVD is quite expensive to buy at the moment. Sounds like a grittier version of 'Catholic Boys'!

The Bank Job - wasn't bad but I never need to see it again. based on a true story it says

Martine offers Terry a lead on a foolproof bank hit on London's Baker Street. She targets a roomful of safe deposit boxes worth millions in cash and jewelry. But Terry and his crew don't realize the boxes also contain a treasure trove of dirty secrets - secrets that will thrust them into a deadly web of corruption and illicit scandal.

For a Few Dollars More

Bit corny at times, but great to watch Eastwood and van Cleef as 'allies' (in a fairly loose sense). Some stunning scenes, good film.

Ted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKfC77XAp8

Holy shit! I don;t think I Have laughed THAT hard at a movie in a LONG time!! Funny as HELL!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I've owned this for 2 weeks and not had the chance to watch it with 2 kids always around. Plus the wife wants to watch it, I work days/she works nights.

The new DREDD! I liked it.

Ted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxKfC77XAp8

Holy shit! I don;t think I Have laughed THAT hard at a movie in a LONG time!! Funny as HELL!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

I've owned this for 2 weeks and not had the chance to watch it with 2 kids always around. Plus the wife wants to watch it, I work days/she works nights.

Yea definitely NOT something to watch with kids around.... :rofl2: