• My Little Pony
8 hours ago, Thomas/Coastline said:

Jizzingly good modern classic wimp AOR!

Precisely! 

What more could we ask for?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Mr.AOR said:

Was looking forward to listening to this today but looks like it's been delayed by a week.

Mine just arrived? I'll get it checked out over the course of weekend..at work atm  :(

On 8/6/2022 at 2:32 PM, Jez said:

Absolute quality is this one. Gonna get hours of enjoyment out of this.

Yeah it is good...but not as good as the lead off single lead me to believe...still like it though but more of that style would've been great for me...more listens required though and there is no mistaking it is quality...the track "Smoking" is probably next best after "Why Are You Calling Me Now?" for me...just a little different to the other tracks on offer  :)

Edited by lettard

On 8/6/2022 at 8:33 PM, lettard said:

Yeah it is good...but not as good as the lead off single lead me to believe...still like it though but more of that style would've been great for me...more listens required though and there is no mistaking it is quality...the track "Smoking" is probably next best after "Why Are You Calling Me Now?" for me...just a little different to the other tracks on offer  :)

I think 'Smoking' is the weakest track by far on here and the only one I don't really rate that much. Of the others, 'Time to Let Go' is a cool rocker that hits the spot and the lead off single 'Why Are You Calling Me Now' is a great AOR track. Liking the rest is going to depend on whether you like the more New Country/Pop ballad style of song, as there are at least 4 or 5 like that,  with Jay DeMarcus's obvious influence on these ..'I Hope You Find It' 'Don't Go' 'Finally Got It Right' and 'Anything But Us' are spectacular ballads and amongst some of the best I have heard in recent times, whilst 'Angels' 'All Night To Get There', 'Lights Go Out In Paradise' and 'Waiting On Your Sunshine' are all top quality too. Definitely one of the best albums this year for me, but as I said, it won't all be for everyone's taste, especially the softer stuff on show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jez said:

it won't all be for everyone's taste, especially the softer stuff on show.

I think that's why I took to the track "Smoking" I suppose :) its just a little dirtier in tone.

All good tracks but you're right the new country vibe isn't for me...my wife loves it though...so every cloud n all that....but the other non country sounding tracks I love.

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

Is too light=cheesy is is it just not hard enough/enough guitars etc?

Best regards, Thomas