Generation Radio - Generation Radio

Stefan

14 hours ago, Stefan said:

New video for 'Angels' out later today.

Just watched the video on YouTube and while the song itself is ok, just not really what floats my boat, the video is terrible.

They are trying as hard to be as earnest and caring as possible, but just comes across as tacky. Especially with the spelling error in one of the bits of text.

Loving aspects of this. It's like a cassette tape, actually. I quite love most of the first half, but the second side balladry is a bit of a pass for me. The one exception being 'Smoking.' What a cool groove. I wasn't sure I was going to love it from the start, but man it's a cool song. 

'Why Are You Calling Me Now' is an absolute belter, and I like the first 8 songs (except 'Time to let it go' and 'Don't go'). Good album with a very nice sound. 

On 4/30/2022 at 10:12 PM, melodicrock said:

I think these guys all come together of their own volition, so it might be a more organic sounding release instead of the usual fare.

You were right on the money. This is a very solid album with diverse songwriting that flows like, what a concept, an album! instead of 11-12 songs written by someone else. I didn't think I'd like it but I'm really impressed and wouldn't be surprised if it rises to album of the year contender status.

• My Little Pony
13 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

You were right on the money. This is a very solid album with diverse songwriting that flows like, what a concept, an album! instead of 11-12 songs written by someone else. I didn't think I'd like it but I'm really impressed and wouldn't be surprised if it rises to album of the year contender status.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing as I listened to it on the way home today: could be album of the year. 

• My Little Pony
9 hours ago, auslander said:

Not with that album cover

Does that actually play into your decision making? Most Frontiers album covers are shit, though. 

5 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Does that actually play into your decision making? Most Frontiers album covers are shit, though. 

I guess these days when people just look at tiny thumbnails it doesn't matter as much, but that art is just embarrassing. But, generally yes I consider the album artwork an important part of the whole package. It won't stop me loving the music, but I really dislike the covers with the band members just plonked on the front in an unimaginative way.