Jump to content

Shadow King


Recommended Posts

What was your overall take on this disc, I always found it bland as a kid, pulled it out today and spun the whole thing, maybe it's cause im old but i like it now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2021 Gold Donors

There are too many superlatives to describe this album for me.

Absolute perfection. Lou Gramm and Vivian Campbell in a "Foreigner" goes Hard Rock Supergroup. This album is right up there with the greats.

I got this one when it first came out and still listen to the tracks today.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Has always been a great album for me.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember hearing it about it somewhat by accident back when it came out.  I was in the car and the radio DJ mentioned it offhand or something.  I immediately stopped what I was doing and detoured to the local Harmony House record store and bought the CD.  It's been a favorite ever since.  LOVE this album.  It's a terrible shame that the tour fell apart and they only performed what?  Twice?  And that there was no second album.  It still rocks today just as much as it did 30 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have loved in since its release,brilliant album,so may great tunes...as pointed out its like Foreigner but with an edge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They did this tune also for the Highlander II movie..but it gets put up as a Lou Gramm solo tune most of the time...but it is Shadowking

 

Edited by lettard
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, lettard said:

They did this tune also for the Highlander II movie..but it gets put up as a Lou Gramm solo tune most of the time...but it is Shadowking

 

Wow. That's an awesome tune!!!! Should have been on the album. :D heard it for the first time,love it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, DorrianWolf said:

Wow. That's an awesome tune!!!! Should have been on the album. :D heard it for the first time,love it.

Agree. That tune kicks butt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DorrianWolf said:

Wow. That's an awesome tune!!!! Should have been on the album. 

Agreed, it wasn't even on the Rock Candy remastered release from 2018,maybe it'll make it on future versions? we can hope can't we  :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Leppard came down to Australia to promote " Vault " they played an unplugged  at all capital cities. I won a contest to attend, I gave a CD cover of Shadow King to Viv to sign, he was surprised someone in Australia had a copy of album.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, lettard said:

They did this tune also for the Highlander II movie..but it gets put up as a Lou Gramm solo tune most of the time...but it is Shadowking

 

thats a good song, see I think I like that more then most of the songs on the album, why the fuck wouldnt they put this on the reissue?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Leykis101 said:

thats a good song, see I think I like that more then most of the songs on the album, why the fuck wouldnt they put this on the reissue?

Since it's from a movie soundtrack, my guess is they either couldn't get the rights to it or the price was ludicrously high.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I remember getting it for $2, I think it was, and for that it kind of had that placing in my head - like something cheap and not worthy of getting overly excited. But, every time I put this one in the record player I was constantly reminded how good it is. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, this album was in cutout bins here in the U.S. for years and years. This, the Blue Tears S/T and a host of other early 1990s releases were in $1-$5 bins in retail stores all over the place. I remember spending hours going through the bins at Best Buy, Circuit City, Sam Goody, etc. What was fun was finding Japanese imports for less than the insane $30-$50 they went for at the time.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

Oh yeah, this album was in cutout bins here in the U.S. for years and years. This, the Blue Tears S/T and a host of other early 1990s releases were in $1-$5 bins in retail stores all over the place. I remember spending hours going through the bins at Best Buy, Circuit City, Sam Goody, etc. What was fun was finding Japanese imports for less than the insane $30-$50 they went for at the time.

In 1992 I was in 7th grade, and I could only get CD's when I had the opportunity, I looked for Blue Tears all over Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, every store, every mall, I found 1 tape, and for years that would be the only one I could find, then when I moved to Utah, I ran into a dude that traded me for Hurricane - Take What You Want EP, Blue Tears is one of my all time fav albums, so regardless how rare Hurricane was back then, it's value to me wasnt as important as how much I loved blue tears

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Leykis101 said:

In 1992 I was in 7th grade, and I could only get CD's when I had the opportunity, I looked for Blue Tears all over Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, every store, every mall, I found 1 tape, and for years that would be the only one I could find, then when I moved to Utah, I ran into a dude that traded me for Hurricane - Take What You Want EP, Blue Tears is one of my all time fav albums, so regardless how rare Hurricane was back then, it's value to me wasnt as important as how much I loved blue tears

Blue Tears are underrated. I feel their sound is a little like heartland rock turned up to 11. Well, that's what they sound like to me. I won't be getting rid of that cd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, auslander said:

Blue Tears are underrated. I feel their sound is a little like heartland rock turned up to 11. Well, that's what they sound like to me. I won't be getting rid of that cd.

its what made me become interested in audio engineering, it was the coolest sound

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.