W.E.T. - Retransmission (2021)

Aordave89

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

It's good, but you don't think it's a bit... "common?" 

It's a nice song, but it's safe as the day is long. I may very well prefer this to Palace - I don't know. It's kind of a weird comparison, but I don't think that Palace guy is really playing it too safe at all. He has a bit of rocks or diamonds about him, and that, to me, says he doesn't mind taking a risk. Some of it doesn't pay off, but some of it's amazing. Either way, I wouldn't call him safe.

But, to each their own. It's all good music. And at least this is better than JSS's latest garbage. 

Yeah, this song is very much in the "safe" realm.  It's not unpleasant but not exactly great either.

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Glen said:

safe? no. Palace is safe.

this is great. 

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

It's good, but you don't think it's a bit... "common?" 

It's a nice song, but it's safe as the day is long. I may very well prefer this to Palace - I don't know. It's kind of a weird comparison, but I don't think that Palace guy is really playing it too safe at all. He has a bit of rocks or diamonds about him, and that, to me, says he doesn't mind taking a risk. Some of it doesn't pay off, but some of it's amazing. Either way, I wouldn't call him safe.

But, to each their own. It's all good music. And at least this is better than JSS's latest garbage. 

6 hours ago, Glen said:

I listen to the Palace album and for the most part I just cringe 

Have Geoff and Glen swapped accounts? Or have I confused the two all this time? But suddenly Glen is wrong about everything, and Geoff sometimes makes sense. 

I'm gonna need a few drinks to work through this. 

What a strange year it's been. 

;}

• My Little Pony
6 hours ago, Glen said:

*Glen said a thing*

6 hours ago, Geoff said:

*Geoff replied to thing*

6 hours ago, Glen said:

*Glen replied to reply*

*I said something funny*

Gotta love double posts. 

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Have Geoff and Glen swapped accounts? Or have I confused the two all this time? But suddenly Glen is wrong about everything, and Geoff sometimes makes sense. 

;}

The Strange Happenings of 2020

10 hours ago, Glen said:

safe? no. Palace is safe.

this is great. 

Agree!

I’m just happy it isn’t a typical Eclipse sounding track under the name W.E.T.

I prefer it over the lead off single...I just hate the lame title of that track. 

Edited by zacharyamelie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

;}

Nothing sudden about it; it's always been this way. Perhaps you're just finally wisening up a tad, young fella.

3 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

;}

wrong about everything lol. 

I've been mostly right about everything just recently. ;)

also right about WET - 4 light years better than Palace (who aren't bad just for the record) 

2 hours ago, zacharyamelie said:

I’m just happy it isn’t a typical Eclipse sounding track under the name W.E.T.

I prefer it over the lead off single...I just hate the lame title of that track. 

Me too. Horrible title. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2021 at 3:44 PM, Y&TForever said:

Sweet!

On 1/9/2021 at 6:44 PM, Y&TForever said:

Sounding good.  Have seen a few other reviews and all have been glowing.

Really looking like this might be a very strong year for new releases.  Hopefully we start seeing the results of all the time artists have had on their hands to work on new music

• Like 1

I've liked the new singles but my hopes for this album are not *that* high and here's why:

Listen to the debut. KILLER opening track. KILLER closing track. Maybe one or two skippable songs in between but the rest is absolute fire.

Can you see this album reaching those heights? From what I've heard so far, I can't, and the last two albums haven't even been close to the self-titled. I think it will be enjoyable enough like Earthrage was, plenty of "nice" and "good" songs, but I think we were just spoiled rotten by the debut.

I don't mean to come across as pessimistic, it just came to me the other day when thinking about this project how fucking high the bar was set right away. 

P.S. lol, that Rock Pit review was heavy on hyperbole and light on actual substance. These pre-release reviews RARELY have anything negative to say about anything they get from a big-name label.

Edited by Eric3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric3 said:

I've liked the new singles but my hopes for this album are not *that* high and here's why:

Listen to the debut. KILLER opening track. KILLER closing track. Maybe one or two skippable songs in between but the rest is absolute fire.

Can you see this album reaching those heights? From what I've heard so far, I can't, and the last two albums haven't even been close to the self-titled. I think it will be enjoyable enough like Earthrage was, plenty of "nice" and "good" songs, but I think we were just spoiled rotten by the debut.

I don't mean to come across as pessimistic, it just came to me the other day when thinking about this project how fucking high the bar was set right away. 

P.S. lol, that Rock Pit review was heavy on hyperbole and light on actual substance. These pre-release reviews RARELY have anything negative to say about anything they get from a big-name label.

I think the debut is their weakest album añd Invincible is their weakest lead track, albeit v good.

Walk away & Watch the Fire are better tho imo. 

However just to clarify I would rate all 3 albums at least 85-90% 

super consistent band.

I also love the 2 singles so far - they would both rank in the top 20-30 songs I heard in 2020.

in fact this has me interested now and I haven't properly rated an album for ages so I might later and see how it pans out. 

debut will prob come out on top now lol. I think they all will be close 

• My Little Pony
14 hours ago, Eric3 said:

Yup. Most reviewers are a waste of time. 

18 hours ago, Glen said:

I think the debut is their weakest album añd Invincible is their weakest lead track, albeit v good.

Walk away & Watch the Fire are better tho imo. 

However just to clarify I would rate all 3 albums at least 85-90% 

super consistent band.

I also love the 2 singles so far - they would both rank in the top 20-30 songs I heard in 2020.

in fact this has me interested now and I haven't properly rated an album for ages so I might later and see how it pans out. 

debut will prob come out on top now lol. I think they all will be close 

I also put the debut in 3rd place, It's a fantastic album, but I feel the next 2 are even better. I also love the 2 new singles and have high hopes for the album!

Seriously enjoying this album. Better than Earthrage for me. Nice variation which keeps things fresh without straying too far from the W.E.T. sound. Gets better with each listen. Huge production as expected. 

‘One Final Kiss’... wow 

• My Little Pony
1 hour ago, Aordave89 said:

Seriously enjoying this album. Better than Earthrage for me. Nice variation which keeps things fresh without straying too far from the W.E.T. sound. Gets better with each listen. Huge production as expected. 

‘One Final Kiss’... wow 

Is it out? 

*checking the Spotifies*

13 minutes ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Is it out? 

*checking the Spotifies*

It will be on Spotify and Apple Music tomorrow - Got my bundle with Creye and Wig Wam etc through a day early. 

• Like 1