Jump to content

W.E.T. - Retransmission (2021)


Recommended Posts

Strange that there are no samples of the other songs on Itunes. Usually frontiers previews the whole album when the first single is released.

First song is ok, chorus is weak. Somehow I prefer Erik's voice over Jeff's. Jeff sounds a little strained.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

silly comments about side 2 really. been though this about 10 times now and the get better with each spin (even Babylon), and Coming Home and One Final Kiss are superb 

Most of the songs 3-4 mins in length. Only 4 over 4 mins and none over 5. In other words - right to the point!

It seems everyone loves this project but only the debut truly blew me away. Definitely agree with you, hopefully this isn't just a polished group of Martensson demos that were lying around.

Posted Images

Sounds good to me.  I like the sharing of vocals with Jeff and Erik and would like to see more of that on this album in spots.  

What kills me a little though is this tune would've also made a great Eclipse tune.  This is the kind of song with a little variety I'd like to see Eclipse adding into their albums.

Either way, good tune and sounds fine as a W.e.t tune also. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Sounds good to me.  I like the sharing of vocals with Jeff and Erik and would like to see more of that on this album in spots.  

What kills me a little though is this tune would've also made a great Eclipse tune.  This is the kind of song with a little variety I'd like to see Eclipse adding into their albums.

Either way, good tune and sounds fine as a W.e.t tune also. 

Far far better than anything on the last Eclipse album 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it's not better than at least half of the last Eclipse album but it's still really good.  I like the chorus less than the rest of the song but I dig it.  Probably my favorite W.E.T. track so far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Yeah, it's not better than at least half of the last Eclipse album but it's still really good.  I like the chorus less than the rest of the song but I dig it.  Probably my favorite W.E.T. track so far.

I thought the last Eclipse album was weak as hell but to each their own 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Glen said:

I thought the last Eclipse album was weak as hell but to each their own 

It was weak. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

It was weak. 

Agree

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glen said:

Far far better than anything on the last Eclipse album 

Not sure about everything on the last album but definitely better than a lot of it.

This tune just has more going on to make it more interesting.  This is more like the kind of stuff Eclipse needs to do instead of rewriting the same 3 minute melodic rock song over and over again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOVE it!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the song is just OK, but I like that they thought outside the box a little with the heavy verse/clean chorus structure, rather than the inverse which has become incredibly predictable and boring (see last 2 Eclipse albums). The chorus riff sounds very 80s, maybe it's just the clean guitar though.

I suspect this song will grow on me and I'm looking forward to the new album a lot more now. Hoping for more Sall influence on the rest of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Glen said:

safe? no. Palace is safe.

this is great. 

It's good, but you don't think it's a bit... "common?" 

It's a nice song, but it's safe as the day is long. I may very well prefer this to Palace - I don't know. It's kind of a weird comparison, but I don't think that Palace guy is really playing it too safe at all. He has a bit of rocks or diamonds about him, and that, to me, says he doesn't mind taking a risk. Some of it doesn't pay off, but some of it's amazing. Either way, I wouldn't call him safe.

But, to each their own. It's all good music. And at least this is better than JSS's latest garbage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Geoff said:

It's good, but you don't think it's a bit... "common?" 

It's a nice song, but it's safe as the day is long. I may very well prefer this to Palace - I don't know. It's kind of a weird comparison, but I don't think that Palace guy is really playing it too safe at all. He has a bit of rocks or diamonds about him, and that, to me, says he doesn't mind taking a risk. Some of it doesn't pay off, but some of it's amazing. Either way, I wouldn't call him safe.

But, to each their own. It's all good music. And at least this is better than JSS's latest garbage. 

of course I've heard this type of song before but WET do it better than 99.9% of bands out there and for me the main thing is it never sounds cheesy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.