W.E.T. - Retransmission (2021)

Aordave89

Sounds good to me.  I like the sharing of vocals with Jeff and Erik and would like to see more of that on this album in spots.  

What kills me a little though is this tune would've also made a great Eclipse tune.  This is the kind of song with a little variety I'd like to see Eclipse adding into their albums.

Either way, good tune and sounds fine as a W.e.t tune also. 

39 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Sounds good to me.  I like the sharing of vocals with Jeff and Erik and would like to see more of that on this album in spots.  

What kills me a little though is this tune would've also made a great Eclipse tune.  This is the kind of song with a little variety I'd like to see Eclipse adding into their albums.

Either way, good tune and sounds fine as a W.e.t tune also. 

Far far better than anything on the last Eclipse album 

26 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Yeah, it's not better than at least half of the last Eclipse album but it's still really good.  I like the chorus less than the rest of the song but I dig it.  Probably my favorite W.E.T. track so far.

I thought the last Eclipse album was weak as hell but to each their own 

5 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

It was weak. 

Agree

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Far far better than anything on the last Eclipse album 

Not sure about everything on the last album but definitely better than a lot of it.

This tune just has more going on to make it more interesting.  This is more like the kind of stuff Eclipse needs to do instead of rewriting the same 3 minute melodic rock song over and over again.

I think the song is just OK, but I like that they thought outside the box a little with the heavy verse/clean chorus structure, rather than the inverse which has become incredibly predictable and boring (see last 2 Eclipse albums). The chorus riff sounds very 80s, maybe it's just the clean guitar though.

I suspect this song will grow on me and I'm looking forward to the new album a lot more now. Hoping for more Sall influence on the rest of it.

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Glen said:

safe? no. Palace is safe.

this is great. 

It's good, but you don't think it's a bit... "common?" 

It's a nice song, but it's safe as the day is long. I may very well prefer this to Palace - I don't know. It's kind of a weird comparison, but I don't think that Palace guy is really playing it too safe at all. He has a bit of rocks or diamonds about him, and that, to me, says he doesn't mind taking a risk. Some of it doesn't pay off, but some of it's amazing. Either way, I wouldn't call him safe.

But, to each their own. It's all good music. And at least this is better than JSS's latest garbage. 

1 minute ago, Geoff said:

It's good, but you don't think it's a bit... "common?" 

It's a nice song, but it's safe as the day is long. I may very well prefer this to Palace - I don't know. It's kind of a weird comparison, but I don't think that Palace guy is really playing it too safe at all. He has a bit of rocks or diamonds about him, and that, to me, says he doesn't mind taking a risk. Some of it doesn't pay off, but some of it's amazing. Either way, I wouldn't call him safe.

But, to each their own. It's all good music. And at least this is better than JSS's latest garbage. 

of course I've heard this type of song before but WET do it better than 99.9% of bands out there and for me the main thing is it never sounds cheesy