W.E.T. - Retransmission (2021)

Aordave89

2 hours ago, Aordave89 said:

It will be on Spotify and Apple Music tomorrow - Got my bundle with Creye and Wig Wam etc through a day early. 

Snap  :)

Very good after the first run through(all of em) but the Wig Wam is my fav at the minute.

• Like 1

Gave this a listen and been through twice so far.

Basically, I dig the first 5 songs but second half is a little hit and miss until One Final Kiss which is killer.  

Still a handful of good tunes I'll initially be adding to my playlist though and we'll see how it goes after a few more listens.

Edited by tts42572

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Stefan said:

New lyric video for 'One Final Kiss'.

The tune is great, but the lyrics are a bit weird. The words don't flow as nicely as they could. Seems like it could've used a quick rewrite. 

10 minutes ago, AlphaMale said:

That might be my fav as well. One Final Kiss is awesome too though.

Not sure what my favorite is but my top 4 in no particular order would be Big Boys Don't Cry, Moment of Truth, Got To Be About Love and One Final Kiss.

Solid album though outside of a few tunes in the second half.  If this had come out in December it would've been top 3 for me in 2020.  However, I'm doubting it ends up that high for me this year with so much great stuff to come.  We shall see.

Either way, nice to be hearing quality new music.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Not sure what my favorite is but my top 4 in no particular order would be Big Boys Don't Cry, Moment of Truth, Got To Be About Love and One Final Kiss.

Solid album though outside of a few tunes in the second half.  If this had come out in December it would've been top 3 for me in 2020.  However, I'm doubting it ends up that high for me this year with so much great stuff to come.  We shall see.

Either way, nice to be hearing quality new music.

Coming Home is easily top 4 imo 

4 hours ago, Glen said:

Coming Home is easily top 4 imo 

I like the music of that one...just the theme that doesn't do much for me.  I guess I've heard enough Coming Home type songs over the years.  Kind of the same thing for the Babylon tune.

23 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The tune is great, but the lyrics are a bit weird. The words don't flow as nicely as they could. Seems like it could've used a quick rewrite. 

lol, that's a good point. I feel like the lyrics have never been the strongest point of this project though (but then, how many AOR bands can claim that?)

At least they weren't ripped from other bands or the Frontiers encyclopedia of cliches. How many more times do we need to hear the "breaking my chains" line?

• My Little Pony
19 minutes ago, Eric3 said:

lol, that's a good point. I feel like the lyrics have never been the strongest point of this project though

Truu! The first time I noticed it was "Walk Away" when they try slipping in the line "fool me once, then bad on you; fool me twice, then bad on me" when we all know it's supposed to be "shame on you/shame on me." There's no need to change the wording. It's sounds wrong, and it's the same amount of syllables. 

Here in "One Final Kiss" there are multiple odd lines, but the one that bugs me most is "I took all it in fun." He sings it properly in the first chorus, "I took it all in fun," but the following choruses he fucks up, swaps "all" and "it," and it just sounds awkward. 

2 hours ago, Y&TForever said:

Fav songs:

First 5, Coming Home, One Final Kiss

all others are good tunes....

I would rate it around 93/100...great disc.

same tunes for me.

I had it around 85% and that's where it will stick I think. 

v good album

(except babylon....but it might grow)