Forgotten Hard Rock Albums: Blue Tears - "Blue Tears" (1990)

AlphaMale

Another in my series of forgotten albums. This band was not a blind purchase having read about them a lot in Metal Edge around this time. On the heels of the excellent Trixter release, MCA/Mechanic was releasing some great stuff. So here we have a perfect slice of AOR/hard rock. Musically, vocally, just a classic all the way around.

Here's some of my favorites:

Edited by AlphaMale
  • Like 1

Fantastic.Brilliant Classic album...the only thing I aint big on with this Great release was the song "True Romance" never was a fan of that but the other 9 are simply perfect :drink:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lettard said:

Fantastic.Brilliant Classic album...the only thing I aint big on with this Great release was the song "True Romance" never was a fan of that but the other 9 are simply perfect :drink:

For me it is 'Crush.' Flawless album except for that one tune. 

This thread title should read "Forgotten (Only By Fools) Hard Rock Albums", because if you've heard this album and you forgot about it you're a drip. ;)

Brilliance. 

• Like 3

I have a feeling that this album is not forgotten by anyone on these boards as it is pretty much regarded as an all time classic.

This album should have appealed to anyone who was a fan of Bon Jovi, but it was just released at the wrong time sadly.

• My Little Pony

Well, I introduced a hardcore Melodic Rock fan (and massive Def Leppard and Jon Bovi fanboy, at that) to these guys just a month ago, so I'd say they qualify as "forgotten."

• Like 1

• 2023 Gold Donors
13 hours ago, Geoff said:

For me it is 'Crush.' Flawless album except for that one tune. 

This thread title should read "Forgotten (Only By Fools) Hard Rock Albums", because if you've heard this album and you forgot about it you're a drip. ;)

Brilliance. 

Not forgotten by fans of the genre. Correct me if I'm wrong Alpha, but with these threads it's more of a forgotten by "history" kinda thing.

1 hour ago, Darkstone said:

Not forgotten by fans of the genre. Correct me if I'm wrong Alpha, but with these threads it's more of a forgotten by "history" kinda thing.

Yup.... as we know the diehards remember these bands.

7 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Well, I introduced a hardcore Melodic Rock fan (and massive Def Leppard and Jon Bovi fanboy, at that) to these guys just a month ago, so I'd say they qualify as "forgotten."

If he had never heard of them, then he cant forget them ;)

I wish this one had been released on PolyGram Records in late 1986 (like Slippery) or mid 1987 (like Hysteria). 

Put them on tour with either of those bands on either of those tours and we would NOT be talking about Blue Tears in a "FORGOTTEN ALBUMS" thread... we'd be talking about this band and their debut album as one of the all-time greats of the genre.

1 minute ago, Mafisen said:

Love this album. But I have lost it and have no idea how to get anew copy. Can't find it digital either. 

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4186010?ev=rb

The most amazingly overproduced album of all time, exactly what I love, phony as fuck, the most catchy songs, that get stuck in your head forever, the station where I lived played Crush when I was in 9th grade, and I went bezerk trying to get it, when I got it, I have never not listened to it, I listened to it last month, one of those once in a decade, maybe a lifetime cd;s, cant say I dislike a song on it, great thread on this one. props to David Cole!!