Bloody Heels

Doggy

This is nice news,glad to see they got signed to Frontiers and will release another disc..I quite enjoyed their debut  :)

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

Yep. From Frontiers:

Frontiers Music Srl is pleased to announce the signing of hard rockers Bloody Heels as the band joins the label's rapidly expanding pool of young talent. With a musical style that could be best described as a sort of missing link between Crashdïet and Crazy Lixx, the band is preparing their label debut for release in 2020.

‘’As to the music itself and the songs, this time we wanted to write without overthinking or putting ourselves in a “box". We experimented a lot and all the listeners will definitely feel and hear that. There will be some pretty heavy songs on the new album, but at the same time there’s plenty of melodic stuff, harmonies and big choruses. I like to call this album ‘Dark AOR’, haha! We managed to blend everything we love about music, to be honest. But one thing is for sure, we’ve never felt such a strong connection with the songs before and we can’t be happier that this album will be released internationally via Frontiers, one of the leading rock labels in the world right now! It’s an honor to be working with them,” says singer Vicky White.

Formed in 2012 in Riga, Latvia by Vicky White, Harry Rivers, Gus Hawk, and Chris Flint, the band debuted their first recording in 2014 with the “Summer Nights” EP. The ‘Hungry For Your Love’ single and music video was released at the same time and proved a nice introduction of the band to sleazy hard rock fans around the globe. The band then independently released their debut full length, “Through Mystery” in 2017 and started to tour relentlessly in Scandinavia and East Europe.

In 2018, work for their sophomore album begun, but one of the founding members, Chris Flint decided to leave the band. Shortly after, new member Gunn Everett took over the bass duties.

"That was definitely a really interesting period in the band. First of all the departure of the founding member Chris Flint and the arrival of Gunn Everett. We definitely had a few rough months, but we knew right from the start that Gunn was the right dude for the job. And he is..." says White.

Bloody Heels lineup:

Vicky White (vocals)
Harry Rivers (guitars)
Gunn Everett (bass)
Gus Hawk (drums)

I thought their debut album was excellent. An album that grew on me with pretty much every single spin. I also found a unique-ness in them that is hard to find these days. Great melodies. Very much looking forward to hearing what they come up with next. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

From FB:

**ATTENTION**

Boys and girls, ladies and gents! We've been quite silent for some time and we're happy to share that the silence will end soon. The first single 'Criminal Masterminds' from our sophomore realease is coming out April 29, 2020 via Frontiers Music srl !

Are you as hyped as we are ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holy shit, I love the shit out of that. It's a slightly different, more aggressive, harder rocking vibe than the debut, but it certainly suits them. When all is said and done I'm actually looking forward to this album as much as if not more than any other this year. 

On a side note, these guys are surely the coolest looking band going at the moment. Good quality video too. 

Edited by Geoff

pretty good tune, maybe not as catchy as some songs from the last album, but I like the overall feel to it, as Geoff pointed out, it's heavier and more aggressive sounding

Artwork/tracklisting for 'Ignite The Sky'.

SSMKj8e.jpg

Tracklist:
1.  Ignite The Sky
2.  Criminal Masterminds
3.  No Matter
4.  Sugar & Spice
5.  Farewell To Yesterday
6.  Black Swan
7.  Stand Your Ground
8.  Thin Line
9.  Silhouette
10. Healing Waters
11. Streets Of Misery

49 minutes ago, Glen said:

shame the music isn't 

Really? First song released > anything I can think of from 1983. ;)

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Really? First song released > anything I can think of from 1983. ;)

Think of more. 

8 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Think of more. 

Did a quick check and I can probably come up with a dozen decent songs from 1983. Mostly from Def Leppard and Motley Crue. A couple from Journey, Rick Springfield and then 'When you close your eyes' from Night Ranger and 'Alone' from I-Ten. And that's the year wrapped up.

Hardly something for Bloody Heels to aspire to. No, I think they're doing just fine doing what they're doing. :)

Edited by Geoff

1 hour ago, Geoff said:

Did a quick check and I can probably come up with a dozen decent songs from 1983. Mostly from Def Leppard and Motley Crue. A couple from Journey, Rick Springfield and then 'When you close your eyes' from Night Ranger and 'Alone' from I-Ten. And that's the year wrapped up.

Hardly something for Bloody Heels to aspire to. No, I think they're doing just fine doing what they're doing. :)

idiot