Bloody Heels

Doggy

1 minute ago, Glen said:

idiot 

Is what you'd be if you disagreed with me? Yes, I'd have to agree. Good point. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

not grabbing me.

kinda sounds like it should be awesome but misses the mark. Confused and an awkward listen imo. 

you won't be humming it afterwards ;)

On 5/28/2020 at 7:08 PM, Glen said:

not grabbing me.

kinda sounds like it should be awesome but misses the mark. Confused and an awkward listen imo. 

you won't be humming it afterwards ;)

This for me.

My biggest struggle with these guys remains the vocals. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Don't mind this cd,have to give it a few more spins,at the minute not on parallel with the debut but some nice stuff on this one,the guitar work is great,he puts so much feel and emotion in the solos for  the likes of "Black Swan" & "Silhouette",like the tracks "Sugar & Spice" and "No Matter"(the most for me as a resemblence of the debut) as well as the already shown in this thread "Criminal Masterminds"

Edited by lettard

On 7/20/2020 at 5:11 PM, lettard said:

Don't mind this cd,have to give it a few more spins,at the minute not on parallel with the debut but some nice stuff on this one,the guitar work is great,he puts so much feel and emotion in the solos for  the likes of "Black Swan" & "Silhouette",like the tracks "Sugar & Spice" and "No Matter"(the most for me as a resemblence of the debut) as well as the already shown in this thread "Criminal Masterminds"

Yeah, nothing really bad about the album, but something just seems to be lacking.  I liked the slightly heavier, more aggressive sound.  But the songs were missing the big, melodic choruses that I was hoping for.   I thought the same as you about the guitar work, that really stood out as a highlight for me.  I still think they have a lot of potential and are close to taking that next step.  Maybe it's just a matter of finding the right producer to help fill in that last piece of the puzzle.

Slightly better compared to the debut but definitely still a long way to go to the top. I think this should be rated below 70%. The first single, 'Ignite The Sky' is solid but the rest just veered off a cliff

Listening for the first time now.
Thin Line is easily the stand out so far.
I mean, if you want a song from 1983, which this kind of is :)
I think the rest will take a few more listens...

Edited by CureTheSane

• 4 weeks later...

Had a few spins of this now.
I'm finding it fairly generic and, um boring.
Only a couple of stand out tracks
Farewell To Yesterday
No Matter
Will give it a few more listens, but bit of a fizzer for me.

• 3 months later...

This is like the forgotten album of 2020 for me. I listen to all my music in MP3 playlists these days and for whatever reason, my MP3's for this are as loud as a mouse's squeak so every time one of their songs comes onto my speakers I can't even hear the thing and never bother re-adjusting the volume just for their single songs... well, rarely anyway. It's a bummer, because I haven't really got to give the thing a proper chance because it's so quiet. Seemed okay, but a definite step back from their debut, sadly. 

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

This is like the forgotten album of 2020 for me. I listen to all my music in MP3 playlists these days and for whatever reason, my MP3's for this are as loud as a mouse's squeak so every time one of their songs comes onto my speakers I can't even hear the thing and never bother re-adjusting the volume just for their single songs... well, rarely anyway. It's a bummer, because I haven't really got to give the thing a proper chance because it's so quiet. Seemed okay, but a definite step back from their debut, sadly. 

it's forgotten for a good reason :lol:

Yeah they dropped the ball with this release,the potential is there but sadly less than a handfull of tracks worth listening to on this...which is a disappointment after the solid debut.

• 1 year later...
Latvian hard rockers Bloody Heels have released a brand new single, 'Dream Killers'. The single serves as a preview of the band's upcoming studio album, which will be released this summer via Frontiers Music Srl. 'Dream Killers' offers fans the first glimpse of the massive musical leap the band has taken on their upcoming new album from their last studio album, the well-received "Ignite The Sky". Listen on YouTube HERE: https://youtu.be/Y3LKGPMBvyM or stream/download "Dream Killers" on your preferred music service HERE: https://orcd.co/dreamkillers
The upcoming album, their third overall, follows their Frontiers debut, "Ignite The Sky" (2020). The preview single, "Dream Killers" will certainly please fans of the band's previous work, where strains of classic '80s hard rock were mixed with elements of heavy metal (and is still very much the case here), but touches of progressive rock, gothic rock/metal, and more modern rock are now identifiable in the mix, with spectacular results.
Stay tuned for more news on the band's upcoming album, which will be revealed in the coming weeks.
Formed in 2012 in Riga, Latvia, Bloody Heels made a name for themselves with the EP 'Summer Nights' (2014) and the studio albums 'Through Mystery' (2017) and 'Ignite The Sky' (2020). They’ve played shows all around Europe including Sweden, Finland, Norway, Germany, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, and the Baltic States.
Line-up:
Vicky White - Vocals
Harry Rivers - Guitars
Gunn Everett - Bass
Gus Hawk - Drums
  • Like 1

Definitely a heavier tone to that but the melodic one still hanging in there,loved their debut,i'll have to spin Ignite The Sky again as it passed me by mainly because I didnt find it as immediate if you know what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...