Pretty Maids - Undress Your Madness

Stefan

Looking forward to this release. Hopefully Ronnie can beat the big "C" word...

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/pretty-maids-singer-ronnie-atkins-diagnosed-with-lung-cancer/

Good stuff!  I liked the first song but like this one even more.

I enjoy the melodic side of PM and for me this kind of tune is when they're at their best.  And while I know it's tough, judging from samples it seems like the whole album will be very melodic.

Looking forward to this one!

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Good stuff!  I liked the first song but like this one even more.

I enjoy the melodic side of PM and for me this kind of tune is when they're at their best.  And while I know it's tough, judging from samples it seems like the whole album will be very melodic.

Looking forward to this one!

The Melodic Rock is what they do best and should write more in that style. The heavier stuff is still somewhat Melodic, but not commercial enough.

Edited by The Rocker

On 10/14/2019 at 9:40 PM, Crazysam said:

New song

Yep, this is definitely the side of PM I like best. Very nice. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Crazysam said:

Solid track, I was disappointed with Kingmaker, but this one is shaping up nicely, very much looking forward to hearing the full album next week

Me too. And tbh, none of these new songs are even close to the excellence of Pandemonium and Motherland. :(

2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

And tbh, none of these new songs are even close to the excellence of Pandemonium and Motherland. :(

I'd agree with that, they were in a great creative groove during that time and put out some of there best material with those two albums, especially Pandemonium

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Me too. And tbh, none of these new songs are even close to the excellence of Pandemonium and Motherland. :(

Agree with that whole heartedly,don't think they could ever better the excellence of those two monster releases,but this stuff is pretty good all the same :drink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stefan said:

New video for 'Will You Still Kiss Me (If I See You In Heaven)' premiers in a couple of days.

the whole album is out that day isn't it?? 

On 11/1/2019 at 7:22 PM, lettard said:

Agree with that whole heartedly,don't think they could ever better the excellence of those two monster releases,but this stuff is pretty good all the same :drink:

For me, I didn't start getting into these guys until Pandemonium so I was really late to the party.  I guess one good thing about that though is that they feel really fresh to me even though they've been around so long.  For me they just keep getting better and I liked Kingmaker every bit as much as Pandemonium and Motherland.   While Pandemonium and Motherland might have some stronger highlights, I dare say Kingmaker might even be my favorite top to bottom but I know I'm probably in the minority there.    

Can't wait to check out this new one.  Have listened to samples a couple times and just think I'm really gonna dig this one...It's seeming very melodic and have dug all the tunes so far.  We'll see :headbanger:

Received mine yesterday  and quite a few spins in and its Brilliant to my ears,not as good as the Pandemonium & Motherland  albums but it just goes to show how good they were because this is a great addition.

Early fav of mine is Black Thunder...and a wee soft spot for Will You Still Kiss Me(If I see You In Heaven)   :)

But its all in all a great disc.

I gave this a spin today as well and I think it's a good album.  I'd agree, not as strong as their best releases, but still a nice addition to their discography.  Production, style and song quality are what you'd expect from a Pretty Maids album.  My initial favorites would be Shadowlands, Black Thunder, and Will You Still Kiss Me.

My take:

Serpentine              7.5/10
Firesoul Fly            8.5/10
Undress Your Madness    8.0/10
Will You Still Kiss Me  8.0/10
Runaway World           8.5/10
If You Want Peace       7.0/10
Slavedriver             7.0/10
Shadowlands             9.0/10
Black Thunder           9.0/10
Strength Of A Rose      8.0/10

80.5%

Shadowlands followed by Black Thunder are two awesome songs. The contrast between the melodic PM followed by that slamming metal tune...... LOVE IT!! Strongest part of the album. I didn't care much for the 2 before it. Solid though throughout. A worthy follow-up to Kingmaker. Maybe a bit stronger than that one but not of the excellence of Pandemonium or Motherland,  as been said.

For me this is way better than Motherland.  Actually, think I only have 5 songs on my playlist from that album...Mother of All Lies, Sad to See You Suffer, Infinity, I See Ghosts and Bullet For You.  The rest really doesn't do much for me.

Pandemonium is excellent but still a few tunes I generally skip.

Kingmaker has 2 songs I skip...Sickeming and Civilized Monsters.

Need more time with the new one but only a couple tunes I'm initially lukewarm on with If You Want Peace and Slavedriver.  They do rock though and too early to tell if they'll grow on me or not.

Either way, lots of great music from these guys with these past 4 albums :)

7 hours ago, tts42572 said:

For me this is way better than Motherland.  Actually, think I only have 5 songs on my playlist from that album...Mother of All Lies, Sad to See You Suffer, Infinity, I See Ghosts and Bullet For You.  The rest really doesn't do much for me.

Pandemonium is excellent but still a few tunes I generally skip.

Kingmaker has 2 songs I skip...Sickeming and Civilized Monsters.

Need more time with the new one but only a couple tunes I'm initially lukewarm on with If You Want Peace and Slavedriver.  They do rock though and too early to tell if they'll grow on me or not.

Either way, lots of great music from these guys with these past 4 albums :)

wait WTF.

you mean you left To Fool A Nation, Why So Serious & Wasted off your playlist ?? 

probably my 3 favs after Bullet For You.

Especially Wasted. 

you need to re-listen to those tracks 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Glen said:

wait WTF.

you mean you left To Fool A Nation, Why So Serious & Wasted off your playlist ?? 

probably my 3 favs after Bullet For You.

Especially Wasted. 

you need to re-listen to those tracks 

Agree with Glen. Wasted is killer!!

Really good album. Surprised 'If you want peace' isn't as popular amongst the punters as I quite like that one. Some juicy riffage. Gotta say, though, my favourite would have to be the effortlessly excellent 'Will you still kiss me.' Love that hook and chorus melody. 

For me, 'Serpentine' and 'Slavedriver' are the two weakest tunes, and the rest are good to great. Only slight gripe, which is not a deal breaker, is that the production is a bit off - just not quite as powerful as you'd normally get from PM. Not a massive deal, but I wish it was as ballsy as their general output. 

Anyway, it's more great stuff from a super reliable band.    

• Like 1