What's a spinnin' in your DVD player ?

Dave

I'm finally getting a chance to watch Black N Blue - Live in Tokyo. :banger:

Pretty good huh Rick!!! I was impressed with the sound and the production. Really cool for being in what...1984 or so. Thanks again for hooking me up!! :tumbsup: ~C

Very surprised with the quality. Of course back in '84 the Japanese were probably 15 years ahead of everyone else from a technical standpoint so that may explain it.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Britny Fox: Bootleg.. Live at the Empire in Philly

• 3 weeks later...

THE BREAKFAST CLUB cult movie !

Played these during the week.

Rush - R30

Motley Crue - Carnival Of Sins

Journey - Live In Houston: The Escape Tour

All 3 highly recommended

Watching Butch Walker - Live at Budokan again.

Kinda depressed the actual live at Budokan part is an opening gig (though, with that title, he can honor Cheap Trick, a fave of his). The solo acoustic gig blows it out of the water, though, and it's just an add-on to the Budokan show (according to the disc).

AEROSMITH - YOU GOTTA MOVE :tumbsup: .

G3 - LIVE IN TOKYO {Another beauty and probably their best} :tumbsup:

Eagles - Hell Freezes Over

My favourite is Joe Walsh in this video. His "Pretty Maids All In A Row" is nothing less than phantastic !!

Damn, the whole DVD is sensational !! I must have watched it more than 50 times already !

• 3 weeks later...

UFO - Showtime.

The guys are holding up well, Pete Way still bouncing about and Phil Moggs voice is still great. Jason Bonham (now left) is a right laugh. The extras on the DVD are waaay cool too!

• 3 weeks later...

Metal Skool

OMG! Frickin' hilarious! In the Fat Girl video, when Michael Diamond (I refuse to call them by their dumb new names) gets pushed out of the way by Ginger and says "Stop It!" and looks at him all pissed. I laughed my ass off!

When Stix loses a drum stick out of the back of the car was great.

But the best part of the video (aside from the innuendos and all the fun poking at 80s genre videos) was near the end of the video when Ginger's hair was blowing. That was just down right ridiculous! I was howling at that one!

Backstage stuff was pretty funny too.

Metal Skool

OMG!  Frickin' hilarious!  In the Fat Girl video, when Michael Diamond (I refuse to call them by their dumb new names) gets pushed out of the way by Ginger and says "Stop It!" and looks at him all pissed.  I laughed my ass off!

But the best part of the video (aside from the innuendos and all the fun poking at 80s genre videos) was near the end of the video when Ginger's hair was blowing.  That was just down right ridiculous!  I was howling at that one!

Like I can't do a guitar solo tonight there is something wrong with my amp...Oh wait look if you press this little button and the red light comes on, this changes the amp from a clean chanel to a... :rofl:

Metal Skool

OMG!  Frickin' hilarious!  In the Fat Girl video, when Michael Diamond (I refuse to call them by their dumb new names) gets pushed out of the way by Ginger and says "Stop It!" and looks at him all pissed.  I laughed my ass off!

But the best part of the video (aside from the innuendos and all the fun poking at 80s genre videos) was near the end of the video when Ginger's hair was blowing.  That was just down right ridiculous!  I was howling at that one!

Like I can't do a guitar solo tonight there is something wrong with my amp...Oh wait look if you press this little button and the red light comes on, this changes the amp from a clean chanel to a... :rofl:

Something about Ratchet's voice too. Even on the CD. Anything funny he says is made even funnier by his voice. Can't describe that detail, but, funnier nonetheless.

WHITESNAKE - Live: In the Still of the Night

Great stuff, awesome sound & love the tons of camera angles used. Absolutely no shots (close-up or otherwise) of Reb Beach though, whereas Aldrich is always on camera.

These ones have been played very recently;

MOTLEY CRUE-CARNIVAL OF SINS.

AEROSMITH-YOU GOTTA MOVE.

GUITAR WARS-HARD ROCK JAPAN 20TH ANIVERSARY.

ULI JOHN ROTH-LIVE AT CASTLE DONNINGTON.

G3-LIVE IN TOKYO.

DVDR'S.

WHITESNAKE-SUPER ROCK '84 IN JAPAN.

NIGHTRANGER-THE BEST OF DVD COLLECTION.

WITHIN' TEMPTATION-THE SILENT FORCE TOUR.

In the mail is the new WHITESNAKE DVD/CD.