Hardline - Life

Stefan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Geoff said:

There is a lady in the band, it appears. 

Yep. Current line-up:

Johnny Gioeli – vocals
Alessandro Del Vecchio - keyboards and backing vocals
Mario Percudani - guitars
Anna Portalupi - bass
Marco Di Salvia - drums

IMO both Mario Percudani and Marco Di Salvia are great additions to the Band.  I'm hoping that instead of focusing on the keyboards, the new album will focus more on these 2.   FWIW, on the Band's facebook page they mentioned that the new album will include at least 1 acoustic song. 

15 hours ago, Geoff said:

Cool. Hope it's okay. There is a lady in the band, it appears. 

She's been in the band for the last 2 albums

Im the same as pretty much everyone else here when we say we want the Double Eclipse type material,but also like most of us im aware we aint gonna get that,last few albums have been ok at best and I expect this to follow a similar vein.

• My Little Pony

The sound of the band won't change so long as Alessandro del Vecchio is involved. I'm growing tired of the Frontiers sound. 

On 1/24/2019 at 3:41 PM, AlphaMale said:

original line-up please

Yeah... I mean I understand Neal isn't coming back, but Joey and Deen aren't too much of a reach, and Jensen still plays in local dive bars around here in Portland.  Wouldn't be all that difficult to to get them together for a couple weeks with Del Vecchio and record something for us old'skool fans. 

I love me some Gioelli, but aside from a few tracks here and there, Hardline hasn't been good since 1993.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:27 PM, gener8tr said:

Yeah... I mean I understand Neal isn't coming back, but Joey and Deen aren't too much of a reach, and Jensen still plays in local dive bars around here in Portland.  Wouldn't be all that difficult to to get them together for a couple weeks with Del Vecchio and record something for us old'skool fans. 

I love me some Gioelli, but aside from a few tracks here and there, Hardline hasn't been good since 1993.

I would love for the original band to get together and record some tunes too. 

Johnny has mentioned in a few interviews that he is no longer the same writer or singer that he was back in the early 90's. The guy is over 50 now (and still sounds great IMO) but it shows his style of singing has changed since "Double Eclipse". In an interview last fall he mentioned that he doesn't sing "Can't Find My Way" or "Love leads the Way" in shows because he can't do them justice anymore. 

In an ideal world the original Band would have not broken up in the early 90s and gone on to record multiple albums together.  Alas it just didn't happen.  I'm okay with the new line as is, just the writing is not there for me and way too safe for a Hardline album. Del Vecchio often follows the same formula and while it might work for other artists, it doesn't work for me on a Hardline album.  Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us on the new album. 

Out April 26. From Frontiers:

Hardline is back with a new studio album, “Life”! In the past two years, Hardline has performed a number of shows across Europe, including festivals and more intimate gigs, and that live “energy” can certainly be felt on their new studio album. The band went back to 1992's “Double Eclipse” album for influence for the songs on this record, but additionally they also looked a little closer in the rearview at the tremendous predecessor to this album, “Human Nature”. The resulting album, LIFE, perfectly blends the influences of those two albums and sees Hardline heavier, stronger, bigger, and better than ever. The band entered the studio feeling loose and relaxed from all their gigging. The two newest members, Marco Di Salvia on drums and Mario Percudani on guitar, had gelled seamlessly with the rest of the band from all those shows and combined with Anna Portalupi's pulsating rhythms and Alessandro Del Vecchio's songwriting and production abilities, LIFE was almost effortless for the band to create. And of course, Johnny Gioeli sings like only he can over top of these incredible musicians.

95974.jpg

Tracklist:
1. Place To Call Home
2. Take A Chance
3. Helio's Sun
4. Page Of Your Life
5. Out Of Time
6. Hold On To Right
7. Handful Of Sand
8. This Love
9. Story Of My Life
10. Who Wants To Live Forever
11. Chameleon
12. My Friend

Oh wow. It's still okay to release songs that average? What a massive dud. It's a worry for the sake of the album when something that bland isn't left on the cutting room floor. :(

On 1/26/2019 at 2:27 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

The sound of the band won't change so long as Alessandro del Vecchio is involved. I'm growing tired of the Frontiers sound. 

Couldn't agree more. As talented as this guy Alessandro may be, I am growing tired of seeing him in almost every line up that frontiers has to offer. Why can't they use him sparingly?? Atleast I will enjoy his music if they do that. Now so many prominent singers/bands have all lost their sound/identity to some degree coz all the albums where this guy is part of sound the same.

decent song, but as Geoff mentioned, it doesn't bode well if your lead single doesn't build any excitement for wanting to hear the rest of the album, hopefully the next track they put out from the upcoming release will be better

On 2/6/2019 at 4:59 PM, Stefan said:

I don't think it's that bad. Pretty decent.

Agree!

On 2/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, gener8tr said:

i hate the production.  I hate the lyrics.  Boring and mundane.  Sounds like Gioeli is dressed-up in a condom outfit.

In a word, it's shit and I agree. ;)