Jack Russell's Great White signs with Frontiers

AlphaMale

For me its a mix of these heavier tunes, however the videos listed below are all solid songs and represent the band, imho. Obviously later in life they still made a fair amount of music and even a Zep album which was well received.

The Angel City cover:

My intro to the band when they opened for Judas Priest way way long ago:

A few others:

https://youtu.be/8SWaPx0I9xE

Slowing it up a bit/ballads anyone:

The radio hit:

• 2 months later...

Out January 27th.

14938241_1205710059485043_89005616777921

Tracks:

1. Sign Of The Times

2. She Moves Me

3. Crazy

4. Love Don’t Live Here

5. My Addiction

6. Anything For You

7. He Saw It Comin'

8. Don’t Let Me Go

9. Spy Vs Spy

10. Blame It On The Night

11. Godspeed

100 times more interested in this than the rest of the band's Great White, but I still don't have high hopes for it.

Is there something going on in the crystal ball I'm missing? Otherwise I just see a slight variation of rock's most cliched image; the skull and cross bones.

Jack still sounds great live so if his co writers are decent I expect this to be right in line with past efforts. I liked GW's last album with Ilous; just prefer Ilous in XYZ and Russell in GW that much more.

I read the cover as a reference to him exiting the band. Didn't think of the fire for a second.

Maybe some will see that though, which is probably reason enough to change it.

The Station fire hits close to home for me, but I don't see/have an issue with the cover(besides it looking like an early 80's album cover for a debuting band).

• 3 weeks later...

It's not amazing tune, but it's definitely a lot better than that last Great White CD. "Rocks" "harder" than I was expecting... and definitely more than what Great White is now. I actually don't expect much from it, but hoping for something worthwhile.

Off Elation, I really liked Heart Of A Man, Hard To Say Goodbye, Shotgun Willie's and Promised Land , Love Is Enough and Complicated

Was a weaker album, but I hold hope that they'll hit back hard...

• My Little Pony

Well, I never expected much, so I guess I'm not disappointed. But I won't be paying much more attention to this.

Off Elation, I really liked Heart Of A Man, Hard To Say Goodbye, Shotgun Willie's and Promised Land , Love Is Enough and Complicated

Was a weaker album, but I hold hope that they'll hit back hard...

Off Elation, I really liked

And by that, I mean I liked absolutely nothing at all about it. Actually, I kind of like the fact that I never, ever need to play it again. Terrible album.

See I don't understand that.

Smacks of not really giving it a fair chance.

Elation has some good songs that at the very least should allow any hard rock music fan to be happy to listen to.

Nice melodies and hooks with decent vocals.

For me it wasn't Jack GW, but I don't think they were trying to replicate that

Having head Jack's latest offering, I'm looking forward more to a new GW album.

But I'll give Jack's a go. Often the most average songs are released as singles, and the gems stay hidden.

Look at Dee Snider who apparently recorded a video for So What.

Which reminds me I need to review that album.

I'll see if I remember tomorrow....

See I don't understand that.

Smacks of not really giving it a fair chance.

Elation has some good songs that at the very least should allow any hard rock music fan to be happy to listen to.

Nice melodies and hooks with decent vocals.

For me it wasn't Jack GW, but I don't think they were trying to replicate that

Having head Jack's latest offering, I'm looking forward more to a new GW album.

But I'll give Jack's a go. Often the most average songs are released as singles, and the gems stay hidden.

Look at Dee Snider who apparently recorded a video for So What.

Which reminds me I need to review that album.

I'll see if I remember tomorrow....

No mate, that's not me at all, and if you followed my posts around for a while you'd quickly realise that's not how I roll at all. I give absolutely everything a chance on the merit of the individual release alone.

For the record, I rated 'Elation' 63%, and I really don't like it. BUT. I rated 'Rising' (with Jack Russell) a 56%.

I honestly don't like when bands lose original members - especially the vocalist... I hate it, in fact. But there is not a single example in history where I have not given the new version of a band I like a proper go. Sometimes, the band actually sounds better (Britny Fox & Quiet Riot), but it's rare.

The reason I hate 'Elation' is not because I didn't give it a fair go, and it's not because it does not have Jack Russell on vocals. I hate it because I think it is a terrible album with terrible songs. Weak, tame and bored musicianship from a musically great band, and the vocals don't match GW at all, even though I love XYZ. Most of all, though, the songs are just bland as hell, and the production is weak too. There is actually just nothing at all I like about the album and I'd guess from my memory of it that 63% is probably a very generous score.